Avoid 0 tx fee reward blocks

to avoid 0 fee blocks i suggest to have a bot that send after each new block is found a small amount between 2 accounts and this way make sure the next block have at least 10 XEM tx fe

i think thats a cheap way to remove the frustration for small harvesters who maybe only find a block every few days and ofter a empty one

“Alice” is doing a lot of such tx on a 3 minute base already to support harvesters. :+1:

1 Like

then it would be good “bob” join too and we get one tx in each block :sunglasses:

I would like to see at least one TX per block. Alice should be tuned for that. Alice should accept donations for supporting such process.

The Alice spam node once did spam with 10 xem per minute but it was altered to 30 xem every 3 minutes because some people thought it would bloat the chain unnecessarily.

yes removing the 0 TX for all somehow would be beneficial

I expect this soon to be a non-issue. Once the announced implementations are active, there will certainly be a boost in traffic.

I totally agree with you Xpedite

On the whole of you harvest 30 blocks and 30 have fees, or you harvest on 10 out of 30 but the fees are three times higher, then it works out the same. But there is an advantage to 1 out of 3, and as BR said it decreases bloat.

The Alice program is really a stop-gap until node rewards are going.

1 Like

thats not the same for small holder of coins that harvest because the chance to POI a 0 block is high

and if 1 tx every block creates bloat we would have a major issue anyway…

It creates 3 times more bloat than 1 tx every 3rd block, it is that simple.

I remember we had an internal discussion about blockchain bloating. There was a majority who wanted 1 tx/3 blocks.So I am doing it that way.

2 Likes

The best way to get more transactions is to create a service on top of the blockchain that everyone will use :smile:

like a multipool that allow people who like to mine GPU CPU ASIC mineable coins to get their earnings converted and paid out in XEM…

… ahhh no we dont want that because we are clean and dont waste energy we dont want real tx in network to avoid bload :wink:

Dude, just go for it and make it. But the core devs have other priorities :slight_smile:

1 Like

since days nearly every block is 0 fee
seems alice dont care about create some tx activities…

Node reward program is making progress, so this will get better soon.

i think ui should consider to not select a winner at node reward programm each day but instead pay a share to each qualified node

and spread they payouts over a whole day

this way u get additional to the node rewards a few more non tx empty blocks on the network

“since days nearly every block is 0 fee”

Spam Alice was broke :smiley:
I refilled the account with another 200k xem.

1 Like

thx