Bitcoin may reach $ 20,000 by the end of this year?

I think that is very likely, unfortunately crypto fail to deliver (for now), given
“technology” which is not muck of technology after all.

BTW what is all of this obsession about bitcoin on nem forums?

1 Like

Do you think that altcoins that fall below their YTD price are permanently impaired?

1 Like

Actually you are right, as long as it goes in the ‘‘crypto’’ section.
EmmaLee seems to be posting about nothing but Bitcoin.
There is nothing wrong with talking about Bitcoin as long as it stays in the right sections.
Cheers

1 Like

20000$ can happen but 1 million $ is not possible. There is too little time for the market to increase 170 times and we do not have any facilities to do so.

There are speculations that the market will continue going down until the end of the year but I hope the market can move up a bit

1 Like

there has to be some great news or a miracle for this to happen.

1 Like

Hey Emma, I am also reading like your post cointelegraph one month before. I am a long term investor of various cryptocurrency. maybe we should follow patience to see the reality. I am trading in zloadr, One of the best and safest places to buy and sell a variety of cryptocurrencies on, is the p2p cryptocurrency exchange .But Nothing is happening yet.

Both Eth and LTC are seeing mining reward reductions this year.
BTC expecting halvening around May of 2020. Historically market recovery begins about 1 year prior to halvenings.
Coinbase is registering 50k+ new users each day.
To hit $10k, there wouldn’t have to be new money entering the market. Stable coins tie up enough capital that would otherwise hold BTC at around $10k.
OTC volumes recently hit ath.
Daily transaction volume on BTC chain is near ath. (If including lightning transactions)
Many US States are warming up to BTC and passing friendly laws and regulations.
+Tons more little factoids.

Without even getting into TA. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we broke $10k this year. Although I’ve learned to never underestimate the bear.

just my 2 sats…

1 Like

Good points. I think it will eventually pick momentum again but the question is how fast and how long it will last.

I am also wondering if this is going to be cycle or like the internet bubble burst, where a few tech companies will rise and emerge in the top.

We haven’t seen a bubble like the .com bubble. When .com bubble burst, there was trillions of dollars lost in marketcap.
Crypto hasn’t even reached a combined marketcap of 1 trillion. Excluding bitcoin, all alts and crapcoins combined have only achieved $300bill in marketcap at ATH.
At $62 bill, currently total less than half the value of McDonald’s.

It’s possible we could see a .com-like bubble in crypto, after institutional access has increased. But regulators have been using .com bubble as a benchmark, to prevent a similar situation as in '00 - '02.
If institutional floodgates are opened, and confidence restored, we could see massive short term gains that dwarf 2017.

Over time, I do think we’ll end up with some giants, but there will be thousands of “alts” for many years to come. The use cases are so widespread, and niches are endless, just as is with internet.