Bittrex Scamming XYM Snapshot

I wanna know what’s your opinion about bittrex not participating in the Symbol opt-in. Do you think that bittrex has opted-in their XEM wallet to the Symbol snapshot but did not announce participation in the opt-in just to take all XYM from users?

Is there a way to know if bittrex’s XEM wallet has been opted-in?

1 Like

I still want to believe that Bittrex will do the right thing. I never had issues with them until the end of 2020 when they froze my account, after I missed a few emails from them asking for source of funds. If the snapshot wouldn’t have been changed I would have missed it as it took them more than 10 days to fix the issue. I think they are overwhelmed with the amount of new people coming in and probably didn’t plan and invest accordingly.

Having said that, regarding Bittrex XEM wallet, I think it is a disgrace that after 5 days is still inactive. It is not serious, specially with snapshot around the corner. I do not want to sell my XEM for something else to be able to withdraw and buy XEM somewhere else, but I will do if I have to.

I think it would be good if we all with an account in Bittrex contact them in twitter, reddit, … and see whether they react and give this issue the importance it has.

2 Likes

I think bittrex should not opt-in its XEM wallet to the Symbol Launch if it’s not going to distribute XYM to its users.

I sold my XEMs there buying BTC and rebuing XEMs in Polo. Bittrex should be viewed as a scam forever by NEMsters. Unfortunately there is no way to say Bittrex “You should not opt-in”. They will do that for sure. And they will earn money and bad reputation.

3 Likes

Hi! Bittrex user here for almost 3 years. Although I had experienced some technical difficulties in the past, they weren’t that much of a challenge because its customer support team was always ready to help. That said, I do also have one question regarding your assumption. What was your exact case or experience? Perhaps that could be solved in a short matter of time.

I have no issues with bittrex. My concern is that bittrex might have opt-in its XEM exchange wallet to Symbol, but will not distribute XYM to users who own XEM in the exchange.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.