Blockchain Vlaanderen

Blockchain Vlaanderen is a meetup group recently created in Belgium. The first event was organized in Leuven on February 29 and was attended by 166 people, one of them was me :wink:

The second event focusing on Financial applications is scheduled on Monday April 18. It will be hosted in Antwerp by KBC, a Belgian banking and insurance group.

With support of the NEM developers and / or the community I could propose to have a talk about NEM and its namespace and Mosaic features. A demo might be possible.

What do you think?

P.S. The next event is already scheduled in June, focusing on Blockchain applications for governments. There is a call for talk proposals.

3 Likes

Let me know what you need.

It’d be nice if there was a community effort to create public presentations or slideshows on NEM/mosaics/namespaces/multisig/mijin …

So anyone can download them and use them at their disposal. The details could be filled in overtime through knowledgeable members.

I’m in contact with the event organiser now.

I would like to propose a possible talk about crypt 2.0 platforms in general (I mentioned Nxt and NEM).
The talk should be short and high level. I was thinking to focus on the sustainability of the NEM network because of the POI algo. Do we have comparisons regarding power consumption compared to bitcoin, ethereum, ripple, …

Do you have suggestions for a namespace/mosaic demo? It was thinking of a use case simulating a stock broker. Is that a good idea?

@rockethead What do you have to offer? What do we want to tell? What material is already available?
Did you see my PM?

I just received an invitation to have a talk of 15 minutes during the next event on Monday 18/4 and proposed the title “The Case for Crypto 2.0”. The attending audience will probably be a mix of technical and business (banking) people.

I will start preparing the presentation and want to spend 5’ on each of the next three topics. Any suggestions or input for these three subjects is welcome.

• The business Case for Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain technology
  • Characteristics of crypto 2.0 platforms
  • Crypto 2.0 examples with a focus on NEM

First of all 15 minutes is really short to cover all of this.
I would rather go :

Intro (5 min):

First very briefly, because I would expect peaple to be aware of BTC (depending if you are the first speaker etc.)

• Very short blockchain introduction (BTC)

• BTC fallacy , which is mining ( environmental, miners have different interests than users - 1MB debate)

• Crypto 2.0 and how it is an asset centric system

Next 10 minutes (assuming there will still be time left for questions) :

Since time is so short, I would just go with the examples. You can integrate the crypto 2.0 characteristics together with the examples to win time.

• Crypto 2.0 examples with a (strong :yum: ) focus on NEM

Too bad it’s that soon, otherwise I’d be happy to assist you.

If you have any questions or would like feedback to your presentation feel free to come over to slack ( I see you have an account there) . I’m sure you’ll get more response over there!

Last item: Do I just need to sign up with blockchain vlaanderen to attend the conference/meetup ?
I might come over :wink:

Thanks for the input.

For the event, see here

The organizer of the event informed me I will get a time slot of 30’

That’s great, that will give you the opportunity to say what you have to.
I see you posted in slack on the forum feed channel which is actually not the best place since there is no link to telegram. I’ve posted in nem_red asking for help.

I only use keynote, but I can probably create a repository in GitHub for slides.

1 Like

I was really planning to come to the event but well something came up.
Too bad I couldn’t make it!

Please let us know how it went…

Hi, I’m the organiser of the event, and to demonstrate how well it went: i’m here evaluating if nem can be the Blockchain solution for some of our usecases. Job well done i would say :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

You may like to tell us some of your use cases and I am sure we will look at it and see if it fits your use cases.

Thanks, roderik, both for your kind remark and for organizing the event.
I was happy to receive positive remarks after my presentation. Also at the end I had an interesting talk with some of the attendees.

Happy to hear that !
Garp didn’t really have a long time to prepare himself so :clap:

As rockethead mentioned here; feel free to present your use cases I’m sure we will be able to give you some sensible answers.