Branding Proposal

As far as ticker goes, I probably prefer shorter ones too, however, long tikers are not uncommon. For example, Tesla is listed as TSLA on the stock exchange, thats 4 characters long, I think 5 is probably a bit on the long side, but there other tickers that are longer.

SYMX might be another option.

This was a trademark issue and we could not legally call it “Symbol”. Too many trademark issues.

“Symbol” is a word that is often used in programming. If you don’t make it unique, there are many disadvantages.

We are not selling Barbie doll to look cute lol … No offense.

1 Like

Not a good one. Sequoia is already famous and it’s a silicon valley based venture fund. No one will think about NEM sekoya… with weird spelling

2 Likes

Boring colors. I’m sure anything with nem colors is a huge pain to design.

Good name, logo, font, and solid messaging. It looks simple on the outside but you can tell a lot of thought/effort went into it to get there.

Not a big fan of the color scheme, are there other options for the palette?
Is the brand agency also responsible for the new website as well?

Overall very positive and good first impression!

2 Likes

Hi Branding team, If decentralized, why do you need a trademark?

1 Like

I think 3 characters are good for the ticker. If it is more than 4 characters, it is not easy to use and looks bad.

2 Likes

Who will be the owner of the trademark?
Foundation?
Core dev?

1 Like

Absolutelly LOVE IT. I don’t think there could be better way to express the essence of the technology. Well done, Team!
P.S. I would vote for “Y” as ticker, I’m sure this project deserves one, but powerful character.

3 Likes

We have trademarked ‘Symbol’ across Uk/USA/ and I’m clarifying which trademarks we hold in Japan as well for the name.

4 Likes

If you look through the branding presentation (linked in the proposal) you can see some variants for the adverts like the one with the container ship (supply chain) and the one with the windmills. They are blue and orange.

3 Likes

I am aware of that, and i think thats only an advantage. I think it would make it more attractive to developers if anything.

1 Like

why do you need a trademark?
Who will be the owner of the trademark?

If we are going for Symbol, ticker HAS to be Y. Symbol’s symbol is Y and ticker should be also Y. Why not Y? (Puns intended)
Purple color seems not cool to me , I support NEM 3- color idea. Can someone good with computers design 3-color Y really fast pls?
Overall, first impression was bad but Symbol is growing on me. Symbol as a tokenized asset got me.

Edit for GodTanu: Ticker of Symbol blockchain should be the same as the logo. it should be “Y”

1 Like

I am confused by such expressions.:confounded:

1 Like

Is this a nod to Prince (aka Symbol) Purple Rain etc?
Either way, I like it :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

The logo must be in the original NEM colours, the form is great, the name could be SyN

voted YES

regarding ticker i prefer

Y

short same as logo and if possible a real surprise have a 1 letter shortsign

if Y is not possible second best is

XYM

which is a spoken SIM and a easy to use shortname for symbol as a currency

6 Likes

“Symbol” is a word that is often used in programming

This is not true. You could say that “symbols” are all over the place in our world, yes. And a developer uses special characters, not symbols.

3 Likes