Branding Proposal

For the benefit of NEM branding team: The Japanese patent and trademark registry is easily accessible for the public.
https://www.j-platpat.inpit.go.jp/
There’s quite a few “SYMBOL” registrations as far as I see.

Send 0 XEM transaction without message to Yes or No addresses:

1. Catapult Migration and Tokenomics Proposal
  • Yes (approve) NDJFRAFOJXSYHYQZK6EQML3NVCE6WMUOQAAZQQUL
  • No (reject) NBIA43HM5RYN27JG7VIUDCBENTLGFURG6IDMC6DD
  1. Catapult Band Proposal (Non-Binding POI)
  • Yes (approve) NC4NEMHAGPOQGA4AL7IZOLJMNBG7X246IESAE3NJ
  • No (reject) NCOQEK4IT72ZLS7ZEFI7ATIWBWTPKO44BQTL3DG2
2 Likes

Tokenomics Proposal vote has expired yesterday.

Very helpful, thank you.

@Migration_Committee these instructions should be in future voting documents in my opinion, under “manual voting”.

1 Like

There will be a time lag of about one month before the information is reflected on this site.
I believe her remarks.

1 Like

As I read in other topic could be good to see which are the other options.
For the SYMBOL/SYMBL ticket I like XYM.

2 Likes

I like it, think we are on the right track. Love the discussions going on and all the logical answers to questions. So far so good!

1 Like

From my point of the logo is nice and follow the golden ratio which mean it have very good construct and proportion. When I see the logo from Branding perspective I felt the logo is quite hard to digest since it using ‘Y’ letter instead of ’S’ letter. It might need a lot of marketing work to educate community on this new branding. Apart from that I love the icon and how the icon pattern work well with the marketing visual language. :smiley:

2 Likes

Hope the logo can be optimized. Logos can be solicited through prizes.

1 Like

To:Branding team

I conducted a questionnaire on “symbol”.
Many Japanese NEM community members and the Japanese crypto community voted.
(Total 1254 Vote!)

What about the name “symbol”?

33%(414 Vote) I hate it.
21%(263 Vote) I don’t like it, but accept it patiently.
20%(251 Vote) no problem.Good.
26%(326 Vote) I don’t care about the name

Other than “I hate it” corresponds to “Yes” of PoI voting.(Yes:67%)
Obvious negative sentiment is 54%.

Share this result with your branding team.

The influence of the Japanese community is great. Because there are many technicians and supporters.
I feel branding to community members is failing.

It is impossible for everyone to convince. But we can do better.

Sincerely

2 Likes

I have inquired with the marketing firm that is registering trademarks. They have looked into a number of countries and have secured the US and UK trademark but have not actually filed the Japanese one yet. I need to confirm with them and it is a bit hard with the holidays, but I would assume that would be done ASAP for priority markets when/if the vote passes.

3 Likes

このアンケートは
コミュニティ外の「雑音」が含まれている事も
考慮されるべきでしょうね

congratulation!
”Yes" is overed 3%

4 Likes

Sorry, but where have you been all these time? What have you suggested as a name, ticker and logo? Catapult? Yes, we all would like you see it, but its impossible due to trademark issues.

What else have you suggested as a name, ticker and logo? - NOTHING. You just critic without any ideas. When you dont have ideas and suggestions , what do you tell your followers/subscribers in telegram/twitter? - “They dont hear us, NEM is centralized”.

Your voting pool from twitter, sorry for this word, its a bullshit. The same bullshit as that 600 members who “wanted to be heart” during NF election year ago. If you dont like it: Nanowallet -> Voting poll -> “NO” option. I see only 30 people voted NO. Where is your 386 people? (414-30=386)

We can critic NF, MC and another entities inside NEM ecosystem, but eventually they are responsible for all tech details, branding, communication with exchanges, manual and so. They are responsible, but not you and me.

3 Likes

私は こう捉えています
“Symbol"とは
人と人との間に介在する【共通のイメージ】を示しています
共通のイメージがあるからこそ人はコミュニケート出来るのです
この"Symbol"無くしては言葉を交わす事もままならず
社会も成り立たないのです
そういった意味での"Symbol”
これは
普遍的な 根源的な意味があります

新しいnemの名前にこそふさわしいでしょう

"Symbol"こそ nemの理念
「全ての人に ブロックチェーンの恩恵を」と
合致しています

Please can you provide exact number for the trademark? As ‘Symbol’ seems a rather generic word to be trademarked…

Plus the logo looks similar to a TV channel in the UK called Yesterday, please see their logo below:

Yesterday%20TV%20channel

1 Like

Hello.
When can I get an answer about this?

I want to know the answer date here as well.

I want to ask another question.

Who is the person in charge of the branding team that can be contacted here?

Alexandra is so busy that it’s hard to deal with the details.

I want her subordinates to respond quickly to inquiries.

https://nem.io/about/foundation/

Or maybe they have the same problem than me :slight_smile:
Witch is: I want to vote NO but I vote YES cause NF threatened people saying “if you say no, we will delay the release of catapult”

Release that was for “end of Q3 2019” on the roadmap, I remind you.

A lot of people wanted to have a choice beetween 2 or 3 differents name and logo and vote for the one they like.

But no, we just have 1 proposal and “if you say no, we will have to start from zero again and catapult will be delayed AGAIN” so we vote YES ^^

7 Likes