Building Importance Score

Hey there,

I’m trying to build my importance score with NEM and I know that is particularly derived from usage of the coin.

How do others suggest I build up my usage? I’m based in the states, so it’s not big here (yet).

Thanks!

You can’t just build it. It’s supposed to grow with orgnanic usage not artificial boosting. At this point you can pretty much only hodl XEM to get a decent POI score.

Outgoing transaction over 1000 xem should increase your importance score. But you can’t send it back via couple accounts because algorithm detect this and reduce more.

edited: I was wrong, look at that :slight_smile:

Not true. Spending over 1000 xem in one transaction give you importance boost by specific amount of time (30 days). Tested myself. Of course if transaction is older boost is smaller over time. Please read this article :

Nice read, thanks for linking it. How much did you boost your score ? Almost nothing right ?
Also you need to send to another eligible user i.e. the target needs 10k vested.

Yes of course you still need 10000xem.
BTW in just released node version 0.6.95 you can boost your importance score just by doing 10 xem transaction.
Please read release notes NEM Beta 0.6.95

No, I meant the target, i.e. the account you’re sending to, also needs to have 10k vested according to the article you linked.
The 10 XEM is just for the spamfilter tho, it won’t affect your harvesting. It’s basically a one-off for that transaction. It’s also 10 XEM fee not the amount you’re sending.

@memario Where did you read that account where you are sending must have 10000 XEM ? Please quote because I can’t see it.

@BloodyRookie this mean that 10 XEM transaction gives importance boost? I’m not sure because there is “fee” word there.
"boost fee influence on effective importance. maximum boost of importance is now reached with 10 xem fee, previously was 1000 xem."
Also @tongokongo in last video tell that 10 XEM transaction now will have impact on your importance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZZoGHzWTCI

@CryptoBeliever: see explanation here: NEM Beta 0.6.95

Ok. So this doesn’t work like @tongokongo describe it :slight_smile:
Still only 1000 XEM transaction can boost your importance.

And also bear in mind that it’s the net spending that contributes to your PoI.
If an account sends 1000 XEM and receives 1000 XEM then net spending is zero and you get no extra importance.

1 Like