Cache & Blockstart: THE Project That Will Bring the MOST Value to NEM

Cache & Blockstart: THE Project That Will Bring the MOST Value to NEM

My name is Mark Price and I am the CEO of Devslopes. We have recently launched the Cache Token Sale on the NEM blockchain.

CLICK HERE to learn more about Cache.

What is the Cache Token

Cache is a token that will fuel a platform called Blockstart, which we have already started building.

We have raised $300,000 so far, and are looking to raise a total of $10,000,000 USD.

Please see our Investor Guide linked just below here:

Cache Investor Document.pdf (393.8 KB)

We are offering a BIG deal for NEMbers (Holders of XEM).

CLICK HERE to see this special deal.

CLICK HERE to join our Cache Telegram Group

How It All Works

Blockstart is a platform that is proudly built on NEM. Blockstart’s focus is helping developers and businesses quickly launch their own blockchains and decentralized apps.

Blockstart is using the newly open sourced Catapult as its underlying blockchain.

Blockstart Business Model

Blockstart has two major components of its business model.

1. B2B Sidechain Network Launcher
  2. Cache Public Chain

B2B Sidechain Network Launcher

The Network Launcher is designed to allow companies the ability to launch their own blockchain very easily.

We will have a B2B sales team that on-boards businesses. We have already started this sales pipeline.

For example, we might approach a company like Epic Games and show them a proposal of how they could tokenize their popular game Fortnite.

Check out this fun video we made about tokenizing Fornite.

When a business like Epic Games decides to move forward with Blockstart, they open our dashboard, answer some simple questions about how many users and transactions they expect, and then we will help them launch a series of API Nodes and Standard Peer Nodes.

Companies will be able to see the monthly cost to host the nodes they need.

We are basically creating an infrastructure for their blockchain. This is just the beginning.

Here are some of the other things we provide to customers:

• Node installer - Companies can get their users to install nodes and reward them using Proof of Importance and Harvesting
  • Wallet apps - iOS and Android native apps that ANY user of ANY Catapult blockchain can use
  • iOS, Android, Unity 3D, TypeScript SDKs - that work on both NEM and Blockstart. We will provide Blockstart customers with everything they need to be successful
  • Tutorials and guides on working with Blockstart
  • Other tools and features such as Decentralized Identity Management, an Exchange SDK, Escrow, KYC, and more

Businesses can pay for their nodes with Cache, USD, XEM, and other currencies.

Cache Public Chain

The Cache public chain is designed for solo app developers or small teams. Developers use the existing public blockchain to quickly launch apps without having to worry about the infrastructure of launching their own blockchain. The Cache public chain has all of the SDKs and features that the B2B Network Launcher has.

Developers will pay small fees any time they create a Domain, a Cryptocurrency, or an Asset. These fees go to Blockstart company and is another revenue stream. There are also fees for all transactions made by users. Developers can elect to pay those fees for their users if they desire.

All fees are paid in either Cache or XEM - developers can elect which currency they would like to pay fees in.

Also, the Blockstart public blockchain will implement Atomic Cross Chain Swapping for both Cache and XEM.

This means that Blockstart not only supports NEM and XEM, but is an extension of the NEM public blockchain and currencies can be used interchangeably

Who Are We?

Our background is in SaaS, training, and development. Our company Devslopes has trained over 300,000 programmers.

We also have done a lot for the NEM ecosystem already, including some of the following:

Devslopes has now invested $42,000 in NEM initiatives. We’ve asked for nothing in return up until this token sale.

Here are a few things we have done so far:

We are also working with NEM and Alexandra to grow NEM North America and set up HQ in Austin Texas. We are even moving our company there!

Why Buy Cache?

You should buy Cache because our projects directly impact the NEM blockchain. We are building tools and providing training and onboarding developers. This is what NEM needs. This is WHY NEM open sourced Catapult.

If the Cache Token Sale get’s fully funded and we finish building Blockstart, XEM will increase in value.

Why?

Because we are spreading XEM and a NEM Mosaic (Cache) throughout the world - especially focusing on the United States.

Our company Devslopes has 300,000 developers in our network. When we teach them blockchain we teach them NEM.

When developers use NEM they pay XEM fees.

Who else is bringing developers into the NEM ecosystem?

What does NEM get if Cache succeeds?

1. Our Unity SDK
  2. Our Catapult iOS wallet app
  3. Our Catapult Android wallet app
  4. Thousands and thousands of developers using NEM
  5. Training on NEM and Catapult
  6. Exams and Certifications of Catapult
  7. An aggressive, profitable United States based company using NEM technology in a high-competition marketplace
  8. Open source contributions to all NEM SDKs and Catapult

What if Cache doesn’t succeed?

If we don’t fund Blockstart - all these things go away. We cannot afford to keep investing our efforts in the NEM ecosystem.

Think of all the value NEM has gained, especially in the USA, from Devslopes already. We are really good at helping developers succeed. We also are really good at building stuff.

NEM needs us to contribute. We want to contribute and give back. If you buy Cache you are supporting us and NEM.

Buy Today!

Buy Cache today. Support us today. We have already BUILT multiple things. We build and deploy. That is what we do.

Check this out:

Of all the projects to buy into, Cache is the one XEM holders should buy into - because we are committed to NEM itself.

Is there a company or team out there that has done more with NEM in such a short period of time?

AND… we have a BIG deal and discount for holders of XEM.

CLICK HERE to get the discount.

CLICK HERE to visit our Cache Token Sale.

Thanks!
Mark Price | CEO of Devslopes & Blockstart

4 Likes

+1 on this post. Devslopes has already proven to me time and time again with their courses that taught me the skills needed to code. In fact, Devslopes was the reason I got into NEM in the first place.

They are a 100% a team made of hustle. I fully support Blockstart and Cache because I believe it will break down the barrier for developers to work with blockchain, NEM in particular. More developers = more apps built = more exposure and adoption for NEM. This will be great for both NEM and the future of blockchain in North America. I really hope this gets the traction and funding they need in order to keep doing what they’re doing.

Go Devslopes!

1 Like

Hi Mark,
Aside from helping Blockstart with training NEM developers, why should a NEM holder invest into Cache?
So the question is: why should I expect that the investment in Cache will be profitable.
P.S. thanks for a free NEM dev training :wink:

Take a look at our Cache Token Investor document attached here.

Cache Investor Document.pdf (393.8 KB)

To summarize the ideas in this document - Cache will increase in value due to it’s extreme utility through Blockstart, Cacheout, and Devslopes, as well as our ability to onboard our existing sales pipelines onto the Cache token. Meaning we actually have a business plan to get Cache in circulation in meaningful long lasting ways.

2 Likes

so the NEM discount is only available w/purchase of 5,000,000 cache at $.015?

Yeah. Unfortunately, the discount applies on purchases of $75,000 or higher, so… as much as I would like it, it’s a bit over my budget.

It’s available for purchases of 5,000,000 CHE or greater, yes.

Sorry to be so critical because you may be beneficial to the NEM ecosystem but your token model just doesn’t make any sense.

Firstly, you do not need your own token. Second, you haven’t solved the token velocity problem. I do not see any staking mechanism or liquidity removal system so your token will not increase in value as adoption increases. It will decrease. https://www.coindesk.com/blockchain-token-velocity-problem/. 70% of tokens released to the public, no institutional holders (strong hands). It’s going to be a bloodbath.
Your whitepaper has no business model or description of your path to success, no business plan, partnerships etc. Can you tell us why we should invest in you apart from because you have based your current business on NEM.

1 Like

Very interesting. I would say that token velocity and liquidity removal systems are strategies that may or may not work or be proven.

The Whitepaper does talk about strategy, but we also have the Cache Investor Document that you can read here - which outlines the business plan and how the token will increase in value.

Do you have some more specific questions in regards to what type of business plan you are looking for? At the end of the day the Cache token is directly tied and injected into the business itself. It is really the core of all the efforts, Cacheout, Blockstart, empowering developers to use the token in their products.

Every project that onboards Cache further expands the reach of Cache, and ultimately value. This is business 101 as far as we are concerned, grow the business and revenue, and because the token is intertwined into the business it too, will increase in value. No crazy tactics needed. Don’t need to appear on Ellen show and donate a million tokens. Focus on growing the business.

Hi Mark,

You are right that the velocity theory of money is just a theory, but it is economics 101 for a reason. There are some concerns raised in academia as to the effect of money supply on velocity but this is not really relevant to your project since the supply will be constant. If there is no reason to hold the token, then the velocity will increase as use increases, driving down the price.

The investor document is what I was looking to see in terms of BD, thanks. In it you project having 15million freemium users within five years. That is more than the entire student body in public colleges in the United States. Will you be offering courses in Spanish, Arabic, Chinese or Hindi in this time frame. or otherwise, how do you expect to have such a high number of developers on your platform?

What is it that you need ten million dollars to build in terms of business development? It is a lot of money to be raising from individual investors. How long do you expect it to take for your business to be profitable?

It seems that Cache is mostly used for bounties, is that correct? In that case, the main advantage that I see over more developed bounty programs that came to market early this year and last year is that you already have an existing customer base which is a plus. It still doesn’t make sense to me why you would use a token, apart from fundraising. Using ethereum, bitcoin or XEM would be much much easier. Don’t get me wrong, I think that fundraising is a valid use case of a token, but I’d really like to see much more in that case in terms of value created for investors. The velocity theory of money assessment is a standard now in VC circles for estimating long term token value appreciation or decline. It may not be perfect, but it’s the best we have.

These are good questions.

Concerning market reach for those learning to code, it involves many more people that those in Universities. We have:

• University students
  • Hobbyists
  • Existing programmers
  • High school students
  • Job seekers
  • Worldwide audiences in various languages
  • Anyone who chooses online learning as their particular medium

In regards to the utility of the Cache token here are some of the use cases and value props:

• Cacheout - Incentive based learning
  • Devslopes Marketplace - Developers can buy and sell tools, code, assets, etc - its a marketplace for developers
  • Blockstart Public Chain - Cache fees power the public blockchain
  • Cache Exchange - An exchange we are building for XEM/Cache only
  • Tokenizing Devslopes - Incentivizing users to complete quizzes, finish lessons, etc. Also used for purchasing digital courses
  • Devslopes Community - Allowing developers to submit training/coding videos and get paid per view/etc in Cache
  • Every business that we onboard with Cache - they will do similar things as Devslopes such as tokenization, incentivizing users/etc

There are endless use cases I think with the target market we are approaching.

This actually leads into the notion of why not Ethereum, Bitcoin, or XEM. Actually, these tokens would NOT be easier. You see, we sprint fast. With Catapult being open source, we can move at lightning speed and get what we want when we want it - much faster than waiting on other organizations.

Also, we are very developer and business focused. What this means is we intimately understand the needs of our target market and therefore know how to sell them.

Let’s say that we chose Ethereum or Litecoin or even XEM. The tools don’t exist for easy seamless integration. We know they CAN exist, but we will be the ones building them. Why would we build tools for a token we don’t have any stake in?

With Cache we have a vested interest in the token. So when I get on a sales call with a potential customer like let’s say Github, I can say, “We can help you be up and running with a few lines of code. We’ll get your marketplace up and running, your escrow service, etc Look at our easy-to-use tools” Then when the customer uses those tools we get Cache.

If we built those same tools using XEM, when the customer uses them, we would get absolutely nothing.

So when I say that Cache token powers Blockstart and everything we are doing, it truly does. Who is going to do what we are about to do with Ethereum or Litecoin or XEM? I don’t see any real contenders so that is why we feel confident that using Cache as a token is the best choice and has great opportunity to increase in value.

“Concerning market reach for those learning to code, it involves many more people that those in Universities.”

That number not only includes C.S. students but ALL students. What you are suggesting is that you will have 4% of the entire English speaking population of the world on your platform in 5 years.

“Why would we build tools for a token we don’t have any stake in?”
Because you are developing a profit generating business of which you and your team are the shareholders. You get revenue and the potential to be taken over or sold in the future. NEM even has a feature built in that allows you to extract your fee as transactions happen in your namespace. You don’t have to make your code open source. Essentially your token is just a payment token so your tools would be token agnostic anyway.

On top of this, you are only reserving 10% of the tokens for your team so I don’t see a strong incentive for you to increase token price.

Anyway, I appreciate you taking the time to respond to these concerns. We don’t need to keep going on about it. I understand how difficult it is to design a profitable solution for everybody, but it is possible. I am against using unrealistic statistics to sell investment vehicles that are unlikely to be profitable for investors. Be realistic, and provide a reasonable investment thesis. Your proposing you get 10 million dollars, a successful business and the investors may or may not get anything from it. The investors are your angels. Respect them and figure out how you are going to make money for them. Token appreciation according to your model isn’t enough, IMO.

Hi Mark, I just want be clear. I don’t think you are a scammer and mean you know ill will. I think the fact that you have an existing business means that you have a great chance of getting your funding if you address the issues raised above. Using once’s own token is fine also IMO, but you really should make a rock solid proposal in terms of potential returns. otherwise you might not get funded, even though much worse projects have. The space is changing. I’m happy to consult with you on your token model if you chose to revise it. In either case, best of luck to you.

3 Likes

Yeah id love to get more insights from you. feel free to drop me a line mark@devslopes.com

This line is especially intriguing to me: “Using once’s own token is fine also IMO, but you really should make a rock solid proposal in terms of potential returns. otherwise you might not get funded, even though much worse projects have.”

I can’t quite comprehend why worse projects than ours might get funded before ours. Purely because of the token model and promise of short returns?

Exactly, and FOMO. Also finding the right early stage investors. Last year there were a few of these funds that would get in early and buy up to 50% of the total token supply at huge discount then manipulate the public on social media and hire market making teams to drive the price. I think all that’s gone now that people are getting taken to court.

You need to think about it in phases, early investors will sell to medium stage investors, medium sell to late and late stage sell to the public. When you have a completely open system like this, nobody can profit unless you are successful, of which statistically there is not a great chance. I know some fund managers who are early stage investors and they’ve told me they don’t care so much about whether or not the project can be successful. They only care if it can have a successful ico to allow them to sell their holdings for profit.

Great to see a project that aims at improving the NEM platform! Great work with Devslopes!

I’m new here, so can you clarify that this isn’t a community fund proposal, you’re just announcing your ICO. Right?

As for the ICO, I’d love to know a few things:

• who is the founding team? (they are getting 10% of proceeds)
  • who are the advisors? (they are also getting 10% of proceeds)
  • is there a soft cap?
  • Will the incubator fund be launched even though you don’t sell out?

Cheers and good luck!

Thanks for responding!

This is not a community fund proposal. We considered that avenue, but it was recommended to us by NEM that it might not be the best path for our product. I would agree for multiple reasons.

Yes we are running a token sale for Cache - which powers Blockstart, Cacheout, Devslopes and some other initiatives. But the flagship product is Blockstart.

1. The 10% that goes to the founding team and advisors - basically we may elect to use our 10% to bring on advisors or others who might significantly benefit the company. As of right now we have not brought on any advisors
  2. Soft Cap - This token sale is a little different than others. We are builders and live and breath startups and SaaS. What this means is we wanted to deploy a production token. So there is no soft cap. The token is in production now. When you buy, you receive it instantly. It can be used to purchase Devslopes courses or can be implemented by developers in applications using the TypeScript SDK
  3. Incubator & other milestones - We are building everything regardless of funding. Lack of funding means we will have to bootstrap the project and things might move slower. But we are very passionate about Blockstart and NEM and see a path to success in either case. The Incubator fund WILL happen no matter what - in fact, we are in talks with developers right now who are interested in working with Cache through an incubator fund.

Our investors so far tend to be those more inclined to buy into companies, products, and tech. That is where our mind is aligned as well - meaning we look at buying into the Cache token as a 1-5 year investment. We want this to become a 100 mm+ company and so that is what we are building. So wont see us burning tokens or doing other things to inflate/deflate the value of the token. Our goal is to create a sustainable token that grows over time with the product. Because of our model which injects the token into services, apps, websites, and products - once they are injected it creates a sort of base line or safety net for the token.

Our team - we are from Devslopes - we have taught over 300,000 students, developers, and companies programming and most recently blockchain.

There are 8 of us. 7 of us code, many of us train. Our core value is taking complex things and making them simple for developers and users.

We found in our training that students kept failing with Ethereum, We also found (as we started consulting companies on blockchain) that companies were investing millions of dollars in research into blockchain and hiring Ethereum developers.

We think we can solve these problems through Blockstart and working with NEM. I know this doesn’t sound completely appealing to all token investors - but we believe we can be one of the first long-term sustainable businesses in the blockchain industry. We are going to build and sell and build and sell. We want to take care of our people and investors and will work with them 1-on-1 to help them be a part of what we are doing.

Thanks again for asking!

3 Likes

I look forward to when the first model you stated is eradicated from this space.

1 Like