Call for Developers / Designers

So, do we have anyone out there who wants to help build NEM?

Do you mean that after July 09, 2014 there has been zero volunteers?  (despite the interest in the 1st page...)

Some people have expressed interest, but, to date, no one new has contributed to NCC, NEM monitor, or NIS (aside from translations).

If someone wants a completely separate project to work on, we have been thinking of creating a "translation portal" to facilitate the management of translations. It's becoming a pain to manually manage all the files. Hopefully, someone will volunteer :D.

I'll have some time to kick the tires on NCC this weekend (not translations but code base). Has anyone put together a quickstart on how to get the IDE set up and what not? Eclipse? What are you using for continuous integration? I noticed you guys were using hibernate, spring framework, etc (nice!). Do you guys something like JIRA to coordinate stories? The Trello boards are dead right? I assume it is all at git hub. Wiki?

Edit: Okay, dug back a bit...
Is there any other place besides https://github.com/NewEconomyMovement/NemCommunityClient and the forum you guys are collabing?

Did anyone ever get a formal test set up for the GUI testing (cucumber, selenium, etc.?) If not, I can try and get us going on that.

So, do we have anyone out there who wants to help build NEM?

Do you mean that after July 09, 2014 there has been zero volunteers?  (despite the interest in the 1st page...)

Some people have expressed interest, but, to date, no one new has contributed to NCC, NEM monitor, or NIS (aside from translations).

If someone wants a completely separate project to work on, we have been thinking of creating a "translation portal" to facilitate the management of translations. It's becoming a pain to manually manage all the files. Hopefully, someone will volunteer :D.

I'll have some time to kick the tires on NCC this weekend (not translations but code base). Has anyone put together a quickstart on how to get the IDE set up and what not? Eclipse? What are you using for continuous integration? I noticed you guys were using hibernate, spring framework, etc (nice!). Do you guys something like JIRA to coordinate stories? The Trello boards are dead right? I assume it is all at git hub. Wiki?

Is there any other place besides https://github.com/NewEconomyMovement/NemCommunityClient and the forum you guys are collabing?

Did anyone ever get a formal test set up for the GUI testing (cucumber, selenium, etc.?) If not, I can try and get us going on that.

you can join #ournem on freenode and query one of the core devs.

Most core devs use intellij. Communication is done via private trello board and (private) irc mostly. We don't use cucumber or selenium so far (at least not that I know of).

Im trying my best to get someone involved, hes a senior software designer BUT hes just too damn busy right now. He might have more time at start of next year. I am working on him, hes done java,python and all the languages …Ill keep trying.

Im trying my best to get someone involved, hes a senior software designer BUT hes just too damn busy right now. He might have more time at start of next year. I am working on him, hes done java,python and all the languages ......Ill keep trying.

Me too! Begging and harassing the best dev I have ever worked with (I don't say this lightly). Part 1, my current challenge, is to convince him cryptocurrency is worth investing time over :). After that, the code base, devs, and tech stack on nem are an easy sell in this market when evaluating the other projects. Sit tight guys, you are doing an awesome job, we'll get you some help.

Does anyone have an existing board they can point me at for development funding/staffing ideas? I'm increasingly tempted to fund some help out of my own pocket (yes I believe in this that much), but I'm also picky about my devs. Obviously for the time being it would be to help on NCC, probably acceptance testing and improving functionality. They need to have a strong understanding of secure OO java programming, tiered architecture, MVC frameworks, test driven development, code coverage, branching and merging, etc. Those folks don't come cheap. Don't want some fly by night hack coder making a mess of the code base. Meanwhile I'll beg borrow and steal by word of mouth. I don't want to hijack this thread for that purpose, but I'd like to help in the capacity if anyone knows who is spear heading that.

I'll have some time to kick the tires on NCC this weekend (not translations but code base)

Great! We definitely welcome the help.

Has anyone put together a quickstart on how to get the IDE set up and what not? Eclipse?

No. Almost everyone is using IntelliJ. A custom settings file is checked into the NCC repo under <root>/settings. It should apply our standard formatting rules, but we haven't spent a lot of time tuning the inspections. It's something we've been meaning to do, but it keeps getting postponed.

What are you using for continuous integration?

For NCC, we're using Travis-CI to run all of our unit tests. For NIS, we don't have anything set up at the moment, but will transition to Travis-CI when it's open sourced.

I noticed you guys were using hibernate, spring framework, etc (nice!).

Yep.

Do you guys something like JIRA to coordinate stories? The Trello boards are dead right? I assume it is all at git hub. Wiki?

We don't use JIRA. We're using github for bug management (you're welcome to fix some bugs ;)). There are a few private trello boards that we use to discuss some "secret" NIS features and we use IRC a lot.

Nope. We never got around to that. I would recommend starting with either GUI testing or attempting to fix a few NCC bugs (as it would let you explore our codebase). One caveat, is that I am a tough code reviewer ;D.

Does anyone have an existing board they can point me at for development funding/staffing ideas? I'm increasingly tempted to fund some help out of my own pocket (yes I believe in this that much), but I'm also picky about my devs. Obviously for the time being it would be to help on NCC, probably acceptance testing and improving functionality. They need to have a strong understanding of secure OO java programming, tiered architecture, MVC frameworks, test driven development, code coverage, branching and merging, etc. Those folks don't come cheap. Don't want some fly by night hack coder making a mess of the code base. Meanwhile I'll beg borrow and steal by word of mouth. I don't want to hijack this thread for that purpose, but I'd like to help in the capacity if anyone knows who is spear heading that.

I don't think we have anything along those lines, but feel free to open a new thread to discuss further.

I am spearheading AltNemo though. We need to modify the NCC for internal use of AltNemo. If you are interested PM me. ;)

Any JavaScript developers out there who want to help us get through our backlog of NCC UX issues? :wink:

https://github.com/NewEconomyMovement/NemCommunityClient/issues

Any JavaScript developers out there who want to help us get through our backlog of NCC UX issues? ;)

https://github.com/NewEconomyMovement/NemCommunityClient/issues

I could help. I worked for BMW, Siemens and other german companies. If you want a CV. Just tell me, where to send ;-)

I could help. I worked for BMW, Siemens and other german companies. If you want a CV. Just tell me, where to send ;-)

Sounds good, lordoliver. Did you already check out the github repo for the client?

https://github.com/NewEconomyMovement/NemCommunityClient

maybe you can come to irc channel #ournem so we could talk a bit. I guess you are from germany?

I'll help with developments.

I'll help with developments.

We can always use the help as we have lots to do :D. If you're on telegram, I'm sure someone will reach out to you there. If not, you can join the #ournem IRC channel and someone is usually there.

Colin is often on telegram :slight_smile:

If you are looking for web developer of web designing company in Patna then it is best to take from Ewebtonic. However used to provide services which are really unique and different. the most different thing is that use to provide services which are really unique and different. It used to provide services which are really unique and different. So, what are you looking for just contact us to get service.

web designing company in Patna

Python Coder and I think i will be soo helpful in REST APIs applications

Hi hamsahmidi. I have seen you coming to Telegram. Welcome :slight_smile:

Are you still looking for Developers? Full Stack Developer here with emphasis on MEAN and Java Web Services (SOAP and REST).

NEM is always looking for developers.

https://github.com/nemproject

1 Like