Can't install 2.3.2 wallet in Linux Mint [SOLVED]

Hello,
Installing my wallets on a new Linux laptop, I can’t install 2.3.2 wallet in Linux Mint. Can’t find out how to install it.
Plus i have problem connecting to this forum and tech support as I got the message"Can’t access from this IP address". I use a VPN but activates or not, I got the same error message.
Thanks for your help.

Yes, I had also problem with login (IP from central Europe) and must use VPN.

Did you read readme.md?
Open a terminal and type ./NanoWallet to start the app.

You can also download Universal client which works in browser (open start.html in browser):
https://github.com/NemProject/NanoWallet/releases/download/2.4.2/NEM-Wallet-2.4.2.zip

Thanks for replying.
My Nano Wallet is on another Windows computer and I try to reinstall my Nanowallet on a new Linux computer as I divorce from Windows.

Yes I read the read me file but my wallet is not on this Linux computer. Don’t know how to access my wallet on Linux.
And I don’t know where the Nano Wallet chat support is.
This is what i get when opening from the Terminal:
siri@siri-Latitude-E5430-vPro:~/Downloads/NEM-Wallet-2.4.2$ sudo apt install ./NanoWallet to start the app.
[sudo] password for siri:
Reading package lists… Done
E: Unsupported file ./NanoWallet given on commandline

First you need to run wallet.

pawel@pawel-Latitude-5490:~/Downloads/NanoWallet-2.3.2-linux64$ ./NanoWallet

I don’t get why you try sudo apt install :wink:

When you run wallet you need import it:

• import .wlt file and provide password (Login -> Import wallet)
  • or import private key (Sign up -> Private key wallet -> Choose mainnet, wallet name, password and provide private key from backup)

Thanks.
Following the instruction, I extracted and run the Linux nanowallet by following the Read me file. It opened a “Login Nano wallet” window.

I try to open my nano wallet on my Linux machine that is located on my Windows machine = Yes I’m a member as I own XEM already on my nanowallet located on another computer…

I’m asked to select a wallet but there is no possible choice there.

I’m asked to put a password. Done.

I click on the “Sign In” blue box but it does nothing, not allowed to do that.

I click on the “Import wallet” box but it redirect me to my Nano wallet fresh Linux installation inside my Download folder.

I click on the NanoWallet file located in this NanoWallet 2.3.2 Linux64 folder.

It says that it’s not the right file or do nothing.

I try to sign up for a new account and I’m asked to create a “key”!!

I don’t want to create a new wallet with no XEM on it but just get access to my existing wallet that is located on an other computer running Windows while I want to give up Windows computer and reinstall all my wallets on my Linux computer.

How to proceed. Thanks for being precise.

Export wallet from Windows:

1. Go to your Windows wallet.
  2. Login
  3. Click Account in top right corner
  4. Export wallet file. There is option in bottom right corner.
  5. Move wlt file to Linux machine (for example using USB stick)

Import wallet on Linux:

1. Open wallet app
  2. Go to login page
  3. Choose import wallet
  4. Point to file exported from Windows wallet
  5. Wallet will be imported
  6. Login in same way as on Windows

Cheers

Thank you.
If this wallet file ending with .wlt is lost or corrupted, all is lost?
Another question:
No other way to open the wallet?
Every time I need to open the Nanowallet folder, open a terminal and type ./NanoWallet?
I also have a Raw Wallet file composed of many lines. What would be the use of it and will it be the same on Linux than on Windows?

It should have wlt extenstion. This is wallet file.

You can prepare simple script in file with same command as you provide in terminal to open wallet.
Or use Universal Client in browser (version 2.4.2). In this case you need only open start.html in browser.

Raw wallet file it’s content of wlt file. Using wlt file or raw wallet you can restore wallet. Password is required to decrypt data (mostly private key) in wallet file.

With private key you can also restore wallet (private key wallet option). Password is not required.

Thank you.
Without these 4 days of conversation, I would not have been able to access my XEM ever on Linux.
With some wallets, it’s more complicated. It took me less than a minute to recover my WAVES wallet on my Linux machine.
Glad to find you when need as it has been a stressful and frustrating process for a Linux newbie like me. And to answer your question regarding why I tried sudo apt install to open my NanoWallet, it’s because I tried everything to open my wallet as I was lost in darkness without any explanation found anywhere. Until our conversation and clarification.
Best.

That’s why I suggest for beginners Universal Client version of Nanowallet :slight_smile:
I also prefer this one.
If you would have more questions please hit me.

Also keep your private key backup safe offline.