Can't send XEM from iPad to iPhone

Thought I would try exporting my iPad account to my iPhone as suggested on the forum but when I put in the password it says invalid password.

As noted on the forum, the private key is not visible on the iPad

Are you logged into wallet?
From logged wallet it should be More - > export account option

Yup. Logged in. “More”. Then export. From there I grabbed my iPhone and pressed new account in the wallet, scanned the QR code on the iPad with iPhone . It asked for the password after I scanned it, I put the password in and the error message said invalid password

Please try use
More - > export account -> ok - > show private key
Should show your private key as a plain text
Next you can on iphone create wallet and choose enter key option from this private key.

I assume you are using on both devices mobile wallet. For nanowallet instruction will be look a bit different.

I press “show private key” but I can’t scroll up to see it ( I noticed that others on the forum were unable to see their private key when using an iPad as well)

All tests are done on iOS Wallet on the iPhone.
However, on some iPads, developers know about this phenomenon as a known bug.
I think that we will take action in the future, but we can not do anything about the present situation.

Since it is not possible to save the secret key, please do not put money on Wallet.

I hold over 4000 XEM in the wallet already but do not intend to sell them any time soon. Do you think the fix will enable me to eventually move the coins to my iPhone?there’s got to be something that can be done to reveal the secret key I would think. Some “patch” that the people with wallets on their iPad can download

@Willieb are you also unable to send on another address? If you can send tokens to another wallet you can create empty wallet on iphone and transfer all from ipad.

I tried to send them to a newly created / empty wallet on my iPhone.
1.) opened existing iPad wallet that has my coins.
2.) went to export page
3.) scanned the QR with the iPhone
4.) it prompted me for the password so I input it, but it displayed the error message that it was invalid password.

But you can also

1. create new empty wallet on iphone
  2. send tokens from ipad to your new address on iphone

This is not possible?

Should I try to exchange them for another coin then rebuy more XEM from the new iPhone wallet? I would like to hold on to all the coins I buy

which exchange would Work best to convert them to ether or Bitcoin ?

Could you give me Instructions on how to send to another wallet from my iPad ?

@Willieb you are using on IPad standard mobile app from store? If yes you should have on dashbord button “New” in right top corner for creating new transaction. Have you some error when you try send?

Sorry for the late response. Yes I’m using the standard mobile app on the iPad . I tried to send, but when I pressed send it said "Failure signature not verifiable"
Any other suggestions on how to move my NEM from my iPad wallet to my new iPhone wallet?

Oh. There is no way to copy private key in some way from export view? I know it’s not visible but maybe you can do this somehow. Unfortunetelly I don’t have IPad to check this.

I’ll check it out and get back with you.

Hello there-

Yes I logged into my wallet, but still could not export it to my iPhone. Not sure what the problem is. Is it because I can’t see my private key on my iPad? If there’s some software patch to enable me to see the private key I could import it from the iPhone
Thanks for your help, I’d really like to get this solved. I’m interested in buying more XEM but this glitch has me backing off this crypto.
William

Its too late, I and countless others have this same problem. We “did” buy XEM and hold them in this “black hole wallet”. I really can’t afford to lose the coins or chalk this up as a learning experience. It’s unfortunate you can’t fix this “bug” with a software patch. I know there are many people who have the mobile app on their iPad with XEM “trapped” there that believe the app should never have let us download the mobile app on their iPad. I think NEM support can verify the buys and credit us with the XEM we “lost” due to this technical error on your part.
Please help get me my existing XEM to a wallet I can actually send and receive these coins to and from.
Thanks in advance,
William

Regarding these correspondence, we can not deal with support with volunteers, so we will contact the development side. Could you wait for a while?
Thank you.

1 Like

Of course. I understand your very busy these days so have your hands full. Can you give me an idea when I should expect progress?
Thank you