Catapult Brand Update #1

I think any name will succeed. Should I decide by voting?

I think you make some very good points. But to me it is like this. I go to my doctor if I am sick, but I do not ask my doctor to fix my car. Likewise I do not ask my mechanic for medical advice. The agency and people involved have analysed and thought deeply about NEM and Catapult. They have done extensive research inside and outside, speaking to many people and looking at the industry and competition. They have successfully advised and done practical global and national launches of many well-known brands. If the sherpa who has climbed the mountains in good weather and very bad, now advises you to take a specific path, do you ignore them? I understand it is very very hard but I would ask you to consider this.

貧弱なGoogle翻訳でごめんなさい!

あなたはいくつかの非常に良い点を指摘すると思います。しかし、私にとってはこのようなものです。病気の場合は医者に行きますが、医者に車の修理を頼むことはしません。同様に、私はメカニックに医療アドバイスを求めません。関係機関と関係者は、NEMとカタパルトについて深く分析し、考えました。彼らは多くの人々と話し、業界と競争を見て、内外で広範な研究を行ってきました。彼らは、多くの有名なブランドの実用的なグローバルおよび国内発売を成功裏にアドバイスし、行ってきました。天気の良い日と非常に悪い日で山に登ったシェルパが、特定の道を進むようにアドバイスした場合、あなたはそれらを無視しますか?私はそれが非常に難しいことを理解していますが、これを検討するようお願いします。

2 Likes

貴方、誰?

Does that mean listening to expert opinions without complaining?

Does it mean to ignore community ideas? Do you think there are no experts in the community?

2 Likes

First of all, thank you for sharing the information.

I think there is an information asymmetry between committees and communities.
So I don’t think community feedback makes sense Without matching levels of information.

I can’t agree or disagree with a rebrand. The reason is a lack of information.

It is not clear what kind of image the NEM has externally unless it conducts a survey by random sampling from the Basic Resident Register. Theses feedbacks here is not a statistical feature but seems to be arbitrarily biased.

I agree with the rebranding needed to achieve top priority, the professionals should make a final decision.

5 Likes

Do you know all story of " Japanese NEM Culture and Activity" ?
Do you create enthusiasm like this?
Have you assessed NEM as a loser(dog)?

Sorry,just curiosity.

4 Likes

By the way ,What blockchain project did you lead to success?
Please tell me for reference.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. This time is also a machine translation, so please forgive any rude expressions.

But I want you to understand. I am not against brand changes.

As I have already written, I agree with the brand change if I am convinced that the new brand embodies the idea of ​​NEM more than ever.

I don’t want to talk about titles, I want to talk about the contents.

Anyone can view the source code of catapult.

In-field programmers can check the contents and provide feedback.

But we can’t get any information about the new brand name.

That’s why I can’t agree with the brand change.

I would like to hear your beliefs and theories about the new brand proposal.

If it is “an expert decides because feedback is not necessary”, a new brand should be decided without setting up such a place.

First of all, we want you to show the strength of the marketing team in marketing that moves our community.

返信ありがとう。今回も機械翻訳なので、失礼な表現があったら許してほしい。

しかし、理解して欲しい。私はブランドの変更に反対してるのではありません。

既に書いたように、新しいブランドが、NEMの思想をこれまで以上に体現したものだと納得できれば、私はブランドの変更に賛成します。

私は肩書の話をしたいのではなく、中身の話をしたいのです。

catapultのソースコードは誰でも閲覧することができます。

そして、在野のプログラマーが中身をチェックし、フィードバックすることができます。

しかし、新しいブランド名称については、私たちは何の情報も得ることができません。

そういう状況なので、ブランドの変更に賛成することができないでいます。

新しいブランド案についての、あなたたちの信念と理論を聞きたいと思います。

もし、「フィードバックは不要だから専門家が決める」ということであれば、このような場を設けずに新しいブランドを決めてしまうべきです。

まずは、私たちコミュニティーの心を動かすマーケティングで、そのマーケティングチームの実力を見せて欲しい。

5 Likes

Did I say that? Interesting assumption on your part. I am sorry you are feeling not heard and that is coloring your communication. I will try to better communicate.

The task here is to launch an enterprise solution. What enterprise solutions have you launched?

OK, I agree with kitsutsukick

“First of all, we want you to show the strength of the marketing team in marketing that moves our community.”

CMO for NEM Foundation
最高マーケティング責任者

I think we all need to step back for a moment and take a breath.
No one is suggesting that community contributors or projects are not important. They are important.
Any discussion around a new name/logo/ticker was always going to have emotions wrapped up in it.
To look at NEM as an ecosystem from the outside is what the agency has done, and sometimes we need to swallow our pride and take the hard look.
No one is abandoning NEM, no one is belittling the name.
Actionable critiques and feedback are always welcome but attacks will not be tolerated.

Lewis’ point is, if you are thinking of a new brand, go to the experts, which is what we have done. Because that is what responsible companies do, consult the experts.

I’ll stop here because I don’t want to ramble on the length of a poem, but right now emotions are high. Let’s step back and evaluate. There is more information to be shared.

3 Likes

I am not attacking. I’m just asking a question.

What do you think about my first opinion?

1 Like

Do not say sorry, you ask very good questions.

I am a bit familiar with the story but obviously not as much as you as you have lived it where as I am just reading a story.

Have I assessed NEM as a loser(dog)? Absolutely not! I think NEM is and has been very successful.

I don’t think it is necessary to change the NEM logo or name.

If you want to keep NIS1 and distinguish it from NIS1
I think it is enough to change only the ticker symbol.

NEM does not require rebranding. All that is needed is the actual use case.
After catapult is launched, the company I work for plans to develop products that use catapult.
I know some other companies like that.

If there is a place to output the results of even one successful case, I think that natural and catapult will be used in business.

I am opposed to only professionals and highly detailed people making decisions.
You should hear more from the community, not just the famous NEMber.
And NEMber should give more opinions.

First of all, here is my opinion.
This post may have no impact on the discussion, but I have the right to express my opinion.
And to many NEMber who are still watching have it.

---------------------- translate by Google

NEMのロゴや名前を変更する必要はないと思います。

NIS1を保持し、NIS1と区別したい場合
ティッカーシンボルのみを変更すれば十分だと思います。

NEMにリブランディングは必要ありません。必要なのは、実際に使用された事例だけです。
catapultがローンチされた後、私が働いている会社でもcatapultを使用したプロダクトの開発を計画しています。
私は、そのような会社を他にもいくつか知っています。

成功事例が一つでも世に出て、その成果をアウトプットする場があれば、自然とcatapultがビジネスで使われるようになると考えます。

私は、専門家や一部の人々だけが意思決定を行うことに反対しています。
有名なNEMberだけでなく、コミュニティの意見をもっと聞くべきです。
そして、NEMberはもっと意見を述べるべきです。

まず、ここに私の意見があります。
この投稿は議論に何の影響も与えないかも知れませんが、私には意見を述べる権利があります。
そして、静観している多くのNEMberにも。

7 Likes

Your responsibility is serious. Including the current situation.

1 Like

Lewis mentioned this on Twitter but focusing on enterprise doesn’t mean we don’t support public chain. It doesn’t mean we don’t just support NIS1 or Catapult. It isn’t either/or situation. We believe we can do both and have been working across entities and with the agency to put together a Go-To-Market strategy plan on what this will look like and what the budget/resources needed should be in order to execute on this in a meaningful way. We think we can energize the public chain (and hybrid and public) in a way that is commercially viable and self-sustaining.

2 Likes

Hi TakaNobu ,
I can hear the frustration in this post. NEM is not a loser(dog) and I am proud of the NEM brand and our community. I see Japan as an important part of NEM’s history but also NEM’s future. My hope is that the NEM community will be open to the ideas presented by the Brand Steering Committee on what the future could look like with a more refined focus on enterprise. I’ll continue to share more on this vision.

1 Like

First you say, ”I am not attacking. I’m just asking a question.”

Thank you for saying that. I appreciate it very much. It is too easy when we do not speak each others language to make poor assumptions. Please keep me honest and give me honest feedback. I will try not to make too many mistakes! I spent 13 years working for Hitachi Data Systems and greatly respect Japan and its intelligence and heart.

You say, ”I think it’s ridiculous to change the name of the platform due to negative image due to negative events such as coin check hacking.”

I totally agree. But this is not the only factor. We have come across this and other reasons. Other reasons such as competition is growing and moving to Enterprise as well. Looking at Enterprise target market around the planet and what they like and what they don’t like also is a big factor.

Thank you for these questions!

2 Likes