Catapult Brand Update #1

Apologies did not immediately pick up on the emphasis of the purpose. It was always one of the criticisms of NIS1 that it was never fully open sourced. One of the reasons why Coinbase never listed us. It would be preferable for community based developers to have access to all of NIS1 code, maybe it can be developed further, who knows?

Finally, I see.
NF expect to the growth of NIS1.
I understand. Thank you.

2 Likes

When is the snapshot?

It’s not announced as of yet. When we know, it will be announced to the community across all of our channels.

I believe that there will be an extreme selling pressure on NEM nis1 when Catapult NEM comes.

If I understand it correctly, there will be more focus on Catapult. I believe that NEM Nis1 will become extinct.

Why shouldn’t you not sell all your NEM Nis1 right after the snapshot and buy NEM catapult token so you would have the double number.

There is a detailed plan for how Foundation will be supporting NIS1. This is something we’ve been working closely with exchanges and internal teams on.

I have xxxxx xem and in the snapshot I will get another xxxxx catapult? Having xem and catapult alike ?

Yes, if you have for example 1000 xem you will get 1000 catapult tokens after the snapshot
so you will have then 1000 xem on NIS1 chain and 1000 catapult tokens on the new blockchain.

1 Like

I see that you are a CAT person. But you have to understand that the foundation is doing it’s best to do things that are necessary to make sure that the brand is visible for potential partners.

You cannot blame everything on the foundation or the previous foundation. We, as a community, have a responsibility towards NEM. 99% of them are happy if NEM goes up 100% or if it hits $2. We as a community got distracted in 2017 after NEM reached $2, and we thought it’s going to stay like that, and we never pushed for Catapult. When it came down in 2018 community is suddenly worried about Catapult, and the 2019 foundation started working on it.

Within a year, we have wallets, new explorers, and many other things under progress, and that’s fast for a decentralized company.

CAT is a code name. We need a branding that makes sense. Try to understand and stop blaming the foundation for everything. Even I’m mad at not delivering testnet at the given timeline by the migration committee… but I never see any discussion happening in NEM RED or NEMBERIA about this. No one cares.

Let’s not throw stones at each other, and let’s try to work together. 2020 is for SYMBOL

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

1 Like

Thanks for this. In fact, it is not just Foundation but the NEM ecosystem. A lot of everything that is done now is by the migration committee which comprises of ecosystem partners like NEM Ventures, NEM Studios and contribution from Tech Bureau and others too. If we want to go far, we have to work together and that includes feedback and support from the community.

The other point to note is that subject matters experts have been brought in like the branding agency and a strong leadership team so what we will see if a different outcome because we have different strategic and tactics.

Wishing the same to everyone too!

What are you talking about? NEM is not a company.
The Foundation will ask the opinion of the community but will never reflect it.
Voting is a farce.

2 chains, opt-in, name, tokenomics, No community input has been adopted.

“If you disagree, the release will be delayed.”
This is a word of intimidation.
We have to obey.

2 Likes