Change our introduction?

On a lot of NEM material it says, "NEM is a movement which aims to create a new economy based on the principles of decentralization, financial freedom, and equality of opportunity," and while this is true, it isn't exactly worded well and is not all that original.  I think we can do a lot better. 

Any ideas?

"Financial Freedom" part sounds cheesy as well.

"Financial Freedom" part sounds cheesy as well.

I originally really liked this statement, but it doesn't do much for us.

1) generally those are the same goals or bumper sticker message of most cryptos, so we aren't doing much to destinguish ourselves.  When newbies see us, it is just another generic saying.

2) what does it really mean anyway?  how will we achieve those goals?  when doubters read that, we are giving them lots of room to doubt.  it looks like the type of thing that was written in 5 minutes when somebody needed something that would look good for a pump. 

It was supposedly not even written by UP, but was originally written by one of the NXT trolls that keep on FUDing us and was copied and pasted from a post he wrote when trying to describe NXT. And even if that isn't true and is just more FUD, it still proves a point that that statement would just as well apply to NXT or Node or Qora.  I for one would like for people to stop comparing us to them but we aren't helping that cause much with statements like ours.   

Very tiny sample group but twitter indicates people like the tech more than any political rhetoric. 

I agree that the current "slogan" is a bit cheesy and won't do a lot of good out there.
Will think about it and come back with some most likely inappropriate suggestions  ;D

NEM is a blockchain platform being designed for service, speed, and security.

1 Like

NEM - Because your time matters, your money matters, your security matters, and your information matters

I am still curious where is NEM's currency unit "XEM" from.
For a beginner/stranger, expression "NEM" need an explanation.(NEM is a NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT…)
In Bitcoin, dogecoin… bit, doge are already existing word, and no need of explanation of bit, doge.
And they are also currency unit.
How simple and easy they are.
But, in spite that "NEM" is not easy expression as bit, doge…,
it's currency unit "XEM" is much more unfamiliar.
How to explain "XEM"?
And, is there any need of explanation of currency unit?
I couldn't even know how to read[pronounce] "XEM"
(At first, I thought 'X' in XEM as the same thing in 'XRP' 'XMR' 'XDP'.)
Even though "NEM" is much more than a mere cryptocurrency,
there is no reason of having different name of currency unit.
At least, "XEM" is not NEM's merit.
"NEM's currency unit is NEM." - How simple and easy! And it's a needless expression.
(If somebody complain "Why currency unit is NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT?"
How about this?
Currency unit NEM is "New Economy Money/ Never Ending Money" )
The easier/simlpler, the better.

"Happy Together, NEM!"

"Go together, NEM!"

"With us, NEM!"

tomorrow's blockchain today

NEM - The Safe and Secure Blockchain Solution Platform

NEM - 2.0 Blockchain Solutions

NEM - Because your time matters, your money matters, your security matters, and your information matters

I like that one too

"I think, therefore I NEM"

"NEM - The Power to do more"

"NEM - Imagine That"

"Easy as NEM"

The best slogans are the shortest ones. Rule of thumb i found to be true. I do like "NEM, Tomorrows blockchain today" as i think the term "Blockchain" will become a bit of a buzzword as more people become aware of Bitcoin.

Also, slogan generators are fun.

I have been asking people what NEM means to them to basically find a value statement. 

"The power to do more," fits in very well with what other people have been expressing.

I have been asking people what NEM means to them to basically find a value statement. 

"The power to do more," fits in very well with what other people have been expressing.

It was my favorite slogan that i posted out of all of them for sure, but i do wonder if it's one used by other organizations - and i'd wager it is. It certainly seems vaguely familiar...

Still, my firm favorite from a marketing standpoint has got to be "NEM - tomorrows blockchain today"

It was my favorite slogan that i posted out of all of them for sure, but i do wonder if it's one used by other organizations - and i'd wager it is. It certainly seems vaguely familiar...

Still, my firm favorite from a marketing standpoint has got to be "NEM - tomorrows blockchain today"

Dell is using "the power to do more," which sucks that it is taken, but is great that we are on the right track.  In someways we have a lot in common with Dell being that we are in tech and all.  They probably paid more than million dollars for that statement. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60PhB3_C0aQ

The references I found to Dell using that were kind of old though.  If they aren't using it, then maybe we should think about grabbing it.