Dear NEM FOUNDATION,

Dear NEM FOUNDATION,
I write to you as a whole, and I will not mention anyone because we do not know with certainty who is part of you.

We move towards the middle of the year and we know almost nothing about you. Every now and then, when we confront you or irritate you enough, you are ready to exchange information. This fact is very sobering. I did not expect much, that’s why I abstained, and I did not sign up again. I did not participate in the elections, but I did not work against you either. That will never be necessary, because even if I wanted I could not do as much harm as you do. Whether this happens willfully, unintentionally or through sbotage, we will never know. Unfortunately, your information policy is miserable.

I wish you success and like most I want to believe in you. I’m ready to ignore the fact that you are now attacking those who used to be your companions. I understand that it is hard to distance yourself from someone who has supported you for years. And vice versa.

It is also no problem that now a restructuring takes place. I even welcome that, I would have exchanged ALL for a new team. But I’ve already described my opinion about it in another post.

I have a request, finally take over the leadership and interpretation. I want to hear information from you first, not second-hand channels. I want contributions from you first and I want to be able to follow your thoughts. I have no interest in evaluating discussions in telegram. I would like to be informed by you in advance by an intelligent, Well-considered contribution in the forum. If something goes wrong, inform us or provide information in advance, unlike yesterday after deleting the channels. I had to write to you so that the responsible person writes a short summary. All this is not professional, not transparent and not leading the way.

Nevertheless, I wish you all the best, also for my sake. Remember that secrets are not good and come to light, so take control of the information or just pour more fuel into the fire.

A get well soon and a happy Easter.

5 Likes

Current leadership so far has been performing way above expectations I think. NEM project seemed to me like it was in a storm heading towards an iceberg ready to crash and sink, then Alex came along and she managed to steer the ship into a new direction and save NEM. These last months were hard times for crypto and NEM in particular, NEM Foundation President managed to reorganize the whole organization in only a few months with little resources during turbulent times caused also by mess of the previous NEM foundation. Yet at that time I didn’t saw many within the NEM community complaining, perhaps because the price was still higher?

I think it’s no hidden secret who is who in the NEM foundation, it’s on the NEM website including their profiles. Sure I get what you are saying by wanting to know their personal philosophy regarding NEM since I think NEM is supposed to be a movement also, however I think it’s preferrable they keep delivering results rather than spending too much time here.

Big progress rarely happens in a big straight line. We ought to be thankfull for the previous leadership for laying the foundations, however the criticism regarding previous NEM foundation I share also. But that was a different beast. In short, previous NEM foundation deserved scepticism but NEM community did not speak out, current NEM foundation deserves praise but receives scepticism instead (I think mainly due to the previous NEM foundation).

All that being said, I do share your opinion that it’s important that the NEM foundation keeps the community up-to-date in case there are big things going on, by doing this I am sure many within the community are willing to offer suggestions/help out etc. Ofcourse sometimes due to NDA’s and regulation and stuff I think NEM foundation will probably be forced to adhere to secrecy but we don’t want another situation going on in which the insiders know there are problems with NEM while on the outside NEM foundation is pretending all is well.

Anyway happy Easter :slight_smile:

6 Likes

…, then Alex came along and she managed to steer the ship into a new direction and save the NEM foundation.

Happy Easter!

5 Likes

dont trash this post

What do you mean by this?

Regional channels have been closed. To be specific members were thrown out individually.
As far as I know it has affected Nem France and Nem Czsk, maybe even more. Those affected know more. Apparently it was a human or communication error. As I said, the admins of chats should have more knowledge.

2 weeks ago NF came with the idea of better streamlining the official information (and cutting down official admins I guess). The main criteria was that those groups with less than 100 members would be encouraged to move to the main groups…

We (NEM Czech and Slovak Rep.) were informed that our channel will be closed due to these changes.
I informed Sharie that we would not like to be closed and Sharie said to notify NF about this.
None of us (to my knowledge) is paid for administrating the channel or anything, but we were official and had NF people as admins, though they just spammed news.

Just to be sure we kicked members of NF from our channel so they don’t delete us. We must have missed Rodney (we didn’t even know this guy is working for NF, never seen before).

Today Rodney tried to delete our group but probably didn’t have enough rights to do this. So he deleted all members (except for Sharie), deleted group picture, renamed the group to “.” and left the group.

Rodney and Alexandra apologized for this mess, saying it was an unfortunate mistake.

1 Like

My channel had 180 members and they wanted to close it too. Fortunately they had no authority there.

2 Likes

Hi Dorian,

I am very grateful for your comment, as you know we have had to rebuild the Foundation from scratch, we started the work on January 1, we only have a little more than 100 days, and we have done a lot. We will be sharing more of our work. Currently, we have designed each of the verticals that we propose in our financing proposal.

Now, I want to talk about the vertical that is under my responsibility on this side of the world, North America, Central America and South America - which is Business Development. This is part of the efforts from the Transformation team which was formed. We are ready to go live with all the generated plan, some of the manuals, guides and procedures generated for this vertical are:

-Vertical BD KPIs
-Target Market - Development Process
-Customer Data Security Protocol
-Customer Development Process
-POC Catalog
-Build out different veritcals to map to parnters
-Customer path methodology
-New Markets Strategy
-MoU Transformation Plan
-NF Advisory Program
-B2B Sales funnels calculation
-Others are coming

When we build a business plan, each process must be very well documented, it is the same when we build a building, we must establish a solid foundation, which allows that building to be maintained over time. All these documents are part of the documentation and we will be sharing some of these documents to the community.

This is precisely what we have done, we have established the foundations of this great building, and from May-June we will begin to see many of the proposed plans and strategies underway.

You must not forget that the results of last year were measured more in marketing than it was difficult to establish an ROI, this year we have followed the request of the community to focus on Catapult and be product-focused and revenue-driven. This is a- list some of the most notable:

-Release the Catapult Roadmap
-Reduce sponsoring events and travel
-Limit sponsored alliances and partnerships unless strategic
-Add more transparency to our resource allocation (we will share details on this soon)
-Much more solid governance

Everything is in full development, we have done a lot in just 100 days of work, there have been many changes and still we are moving forward.

I wish you a happy Easter

5 Likes

If you don’t have a local channel, you just have to make it.
That’s all.
All you have to do is create a community.

The foundation is not relevant.

5 Likes

I’m sure you understand that I can evaluate this only after May / June. Much success in the implementation, your steps are followed with great interest by us,

It is perfectly understandable, I thank you again for your interest.

Good time, Dorian.
Thank you for your support and faith in us, it is very valuable to receive such feedback from the community members, it helps us stay on the right track.

Let me introduce you to the part of the work that I perform as a part of the transformation team whose task is to create a basis for the further growth of the Foundation and the whole NEM ecosystem based on the principles of efficiency, transparency and cooperation with the community.

Following these principles, we developed the concept of working with companies providing services for the Foundation, we analyzed the mistakes of the past Foundation and heard tough feedback from the community. Previously, the process of selecting service providers was not based on the best conditions for the Foundation and the community, but on personal interest, and the cost of such projects was often overestimated.

Instead, we offered equal conditions for all companies that want to cooperate with us and made our projects open. You can learn more about NEM Service Providers program launch in the announcement by the link: https://forum.nem.io/t/nem-foundation-update-nem-service-provider-program-bonfire-portal-launched

Here are some reviews about this program, we have already received:

“You guys had put a lot of work into putting together all the docs etc. It takes a lot of energy to be that well organised. We work with Disney, DreamWorks the BBC and that is their level of professionalism.”

“I gotta say I’m impressed with the comprehensiveness of the information requested, and provided, in the RFP process you have set up here.”

Also I want to say that as the NEM Foundation, we are making every possible effort to show that the new Foundation has set a high bar for itself, but we are only at the beginning of the path and support is very important to us.

Happy Easter to you and your family!

4 Likes

Thank you for keeping us informed. It looks like you have a real busy schedule laying the necessary groundwork for Catapulting NEM to another dimension. I also will be following the implementation with great interest and I wish you all the best!

2 Likes

Thank you for your comments.

Hi @Stinghe_Dorian,

Thank you for this message and we are letting you know that we take your message seriously and will work hard in the best of our ability to ensure that we communicate regularly, especially in what you mentioned below:

We are committing to regular monthly updates and also further standalone updates for important announcements. Your feedback is valuable and you will start to see us intensify on our communications as we have finalised a lot of work in progress that is ready to come out the community and the public. Onward to a good year for 2019 and beyond!

2 Likes

nobody talks about the abandonment of Nelson’s position, of Mark… we are without vice-president and with one less member of the council… what is the direction of the foundation? we are going to fall every day until we are forgotten? I think that the members have not been treated well, because we are supporting the team unconditionally and paying the annual fee and the only thing we have is an update on the same subject that never arrives (catapult) do you really think we will get back to the top with the launch of catapult? I THINK NO. all the other projects are moving forward and making alliances with big companies and instead Nem has a fictitious advance and no important alliance. I hope this year has a solution before falling into oblivion forever and undo the equipment completely.

posdata: #22 position soon and every days lost volume. @jason.lee @Inside_NEM

1 Like

I believe this year will be a better start for NEM!
I really want to do something for the Foundation~ but I don’t know what I can do~! ?

1 Like

Exactly, people need answers and the new foundation seems to allways just new excuses and problems.

We are out of top 30 soon and probably end up out top 50 this year without any major partnership news or development.

Hi Eddy,
We’ll be releasing the latest Foundation update next week and much of what you’re asking about will be outlined in the May update including progress on the open ExCo and Council positions, partnerships and progress towards what has been mapped out in the funding proposal.

We have discussed the ExCo and Council vacancies in past NF updates and even Red/NEMberia. I’m not sure what level of detail you’re requesting regarding these matters outside of what has already been stated?

I’d like to respectfully ask that we pick this conversation up next week after the update is posted. Until then, I’d like to share that we’ll be hosting an ‘Ask Me Anything’ session with the community in late May. We’ll focus on questions around the Catapult Roadmap and Vision and NEM Foundation Sustainability effort. All questions on these topics will be compiled and NEM Foundation will highlight a few updates and progress over the last few months.

We encourage everyone to submit questions HERE.

Thanks, Alex

7 Likes