Delegated Harvesting stopped working

I was Delegated Harvesting for months, made a couple dollars and wasted lots of time trying to figure it out. This is way too confusing and is not helping the NEM brand, honestly I think you should get rid of it. The worst part is that no one understands it. Why would I make money doing nothing? It is not using my computer’s resources, so what am I contributing to constitute getting paid?

But since I have spent hours trying to figure it out and want to understand it. My Node dropped off and didn’t tell me, so I picked a new one. It doesn’t say “No Free Slots”, so I think it is good, but the Start button is greyed out. I have tried them all and even waited another month to see if it was working. It is not.

Exactly. That is the price you pay for leeching off of someone elses node. If their node goes down for maintenance, you will no longer be harvesting.

There are 2 main ways to get around this:

1. is host your own node. It will cost you about $5-$10 a month to rent a VPS.
  2. Ask a node owner to add your address to their config file. You will then autoharvest even after their server goes back up after maintenance.

How do I contact a Node owner? I don’t know that it will help since my Start/Stop button no longer works.

You can ask someone in the telegram chat to add you to their config file. They will probably want to be compensated.