Experience of buy XEM from Changelly using credit card

Hi all, i am new to NEM. And my experience starts from using my Credit Card to buy some XEM from Changelly. Here is my key learning:

1. i don’t understand how the price was setup. I spend 100 USD and get around 303XEM., which converted to XEM/USD = 0.33. But same day market place is 0.25. It cost me 32% higher to get XEM from Changelly than a open market place. Is there anything wrong , or it is normal ?

2. After i filling all the credit card information and input all 2-way authorization code, the Changelly transfer the page to a KYC page and looking for id, face, credit etc. I am no issue to provide those data but it is surprise to me , after i completing my credit payment. And i submitted my pictures for 5 times until get review passed. Very stressful experience.

3. The reset of process is still ok. take around 30mins to get my XEM come to my wallet.

Do you have any similar experience ? please share your comments.

You should just use poloniex and cut out the middleman. Changelly has done me so much wrong in the past.

Hi, i am new to the BlockChain and NEM. If i am holding paper money, what’s the most cost effective way to change them to XEM ?

Get a bank account & download coinbase. Buy coin with cheapest fees. Send it to an exchange like Poloniex. Once on Poloniex. Convert that coin you purchased to Nem. Once you have Nem on that exchange, send it to your Nem wallet/ and or offline wallet.

thanks for this clear roadmap.

For people living in Europe, I think another alternative to Coinbase is Uphold, if the first one doesn’t work out (I use Uphold). The rest of the process is similar.

guys, thanks for great inputs, both NERVOZAUR and EXMETREMEVENDORS, based what you suggested, looks like i can setup the money transfer business very quickly.

1 Like