Future of symbol / NIS

" https://twitter.com/Jaguar0625 "

Hello @Jaguar0625 , I am not quite clear which things behind the curtain were not visible or were not noticed.
The core devs were certainly the people in the NEM ecosystem who were always best informed.
Both in terms of the Foundation and the NEM Group.
In contrast to “ordinary members”, they certainly had better access to information. This is my point of view.
And then @OhGodAGirl comes along and everything clears up?

The fact that the transfer of information from Japan to other countries is very difficult is certainly not news.
It is now 2021 and there were these problems already in 2014/2015/2016 / … At that time it was not all just sunshine.
Blaming it all on the foundation etc. is pretty weird.
I just say “tomorrow” …

Since it’s not about a few people, but about a community initiative, I don’t understand why part of the community has been excluded again.
Not everyone is interested in Telegram, or Discord, for whatever reason. And the participation in Discord with ~ 1130 people is more of a joke.
Important information is not published on all official channels or shared through links.

Decentralization, freedom, equal opportunities, of course, also require a financial basis for the community. Due to the bad development of Symbol / NIS, this is annihilated every time.
In other words, a lot of people drop out because they can earn a living in other blockchain areas and these are therefore more attractive. Very simple.

If you want to play, you not only need technology, but also marketing and sound business development. Then you can reach people and get them interested in the technology.
Without the right marketing, technology is worthless, collects dust over time and is forgotten. Nobody knows about it, nobody uses it. In the history of mankind there are certainly enough examples where advanced technology / information has simply been forgotten.

Except in Japan, the symbol / NIS is actually hardly noticeable.

If you just want to keep a school project going, of course, keep it up …

6 Likes

also marketing and sound business development

NEM has spent a lot more on marketing and business development than Bitcoin. Do you think Bitcoin is a school project too?

2 Likes

You could argue that there was no need for marketing and development with Bitcoin, due to its being the first Cryptocurrency.
Momentum grew due to it offering something entirely new and innovative, this created interest and adoption.
We now have numerous (and some dubious Currencies) and Platforms.
A lot more is needed now to succeed against the good, and the bad.
In my opinion, marketing is desperately needed to ensure success.
In an ideal world, of course the best tech/best coin/software, would dominate, however we all know that isn’t necessarily the case - Dogecoin etc.
The current team seem promising, and appear to be on the right track by concentrating on the further development of the platforms.
However, we shouldn’t make the mistake of overlooking the advertising side of things, and absolutely need to establish and cement the name Symbol and Nem in the ever growing Crypto market, before it is too late.

4 Likes

+1

Why is NEM not noticed in many regions of the world, although there have certainly been interesting projects worldwide in recent years ?
The problem is the everlasting delay of Catapult/Symbol, which there was and is here. Instead of development there are personnel problems. One of the reasons why many projects ran out of steam.
If I want to make a difference in the world, I have to position myself as high up as possible. Then I also have the influence and the financial means to achieve something.
The world is not standing still waiting for NEM / Symbol.
Many new blockchain projects will continue to be added. We are in competition with these and can also learn from these projects. This will not work with the speed we have had in recent years.
As an outsider, it is difficult to assess what is going on behind the scenes(NEM/Symbol).

7 Likes

Agree with Garn and Nevermined.

2014 - 2017 era is dead.

This time when a few men creating a coin with the only goal to “decentralize the world” was enough to attract people and create hype is over. BTC/ETH/LTC succeed cause they were the first here.

Now, the market is 100x harder, There are big companies with millions dollars promoting their coins, hiring the best people / companies to help them. You can’t do it just with 3 devs that post their update on twitter with 100 followers.

Beeing hype is a really good thing, stop thinking that it is useless. More hype = more people aware of the project = more people building apps on the project = more chance to get real use case of the blockchain.

SYMBOL has a chance to get hyped and here’s why:

• Market seems to like new things. I mean, blockchains that are known as “Coin that was here in 2017” (NEO, TRX, XEM or IOTA for exemple) seems not attractive for people, even when they have good news or a new update.

SYMBOL has the chance to be new. It is not like NEO who still use the same coin (They released NEO 3.0 a few weeks ago and nobody cared), SYMBOL is a new blockchain and it can create hype very easily.

I personnaly think that the choice that was made about using NEM brand everywhere (on twitter, in the news and even with the “powered by NEM”) was very bad for SYMBOL cause people keep seeing it like “NEM, a old 2017 coin”

Symbol is a new blockchain like the new hyped coins, Symbol can attract a lot of people if it’s marketed well first and as I said, if it attract people, those people will make project based on Symbol and it’s all what you do, no ?

I know you dont care about price, you just want people creating on Symbol. But you need hype to get people creating on Symbol.

Just check how blockchain such as Solana or Avalanche got 1000x more users than symbol despite they have been release at the same time.

If nobody knows your blockchain, nobody will work on it (And for now, only japaneses know your blockchain).

7 Likes