Getting XEM on Kraken

I’ve been asking around regarding this and I’m finding it a little hard to figure out what’s what.

XEM is too dependent on Poloniex and Poloniex itself is buckling. There are also still very few fiat options outside of Japan.

A few people have said Kraken will list a coin for $50,000. Can anyone confirm this? If so would community funds be available to pay this? If not then can some sort of crowd funding be organised?

I’m sure it would end up on there eventually if volumes and prices hold up, but if something happens to Poloniex that might all go down the toilet.

I feel this is a far more important thing to concentrate on than generalised promotion and even if it does cost, it’s a price worth paying.

I raised a request with Kraken to get it listed, this was the response I got:

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your request.

While we are always open to adding new digital assets to our exchange, we never announce in advance which ones will be listed. The best way to get up-to-the-minute details regarding which assets are being listed on Kraken is to read our email newsletters and follow us on social media.

Regards,

Stanley
Kraken Client Engagement

Yeah Kraken is very conservative, on the other hand we do have XEM listed on bittrex also.

yes, i think NEM shall be on Kraken or Bittrex as soon as possible.

I just don’t get why they are not listing NEM.

I saw there are several marketing funds. I think the marketing memeber can do more to spread NEM.

I do also support XEM being listed on Kraken and/or Coinbase. Being an author about blockchain-technology and cryptocurrencies, the absence of XEM on the very popular sites makes it kind of hard to promote it.

XEM is already listed on Bittrex.

Kraken is still missing.
It will be listed there too in future for sure.

XEM definitely needs more exchanges, almost a bias against NEM that some exchanges dont list.

Was against paying $50k for any exchange, but if this is true, NEM should definitely do this. Only like 20BTC …

So has anyone received a definitive answer from Kraken about bribing them? Is that all it takes? I’m willing to contribute if it is as the exchange situation is pathetic compared to other coins.

It’s a conspiracy against NEM :slight_smile: - the sleeping giant ninja! …

Proposal is to take all the necessary steps which might include but not be limited to raising 50K for NEM to be added to Kraken trading platform.

good idea, legit exchange,
or not

Its not much, then again is it worth it, it is the usual cost of listing there, open to the community.

Kraken is a pain to fund with USD; they only accept wire, which is a $10-15 hit right off the bat.

Any talks to get on coinbase? A flat 1.49% fee to buy via bank transfer is really appealing.

Coinbase is also very conveniant for unexperianced users.

Coinbase will never happen. Kraken seem willing to accept any old shit (present company excepted) as long as someone coughs up. Or I assume that must be the case. I really can’t see them actively seeking to list the stuff they have.

Rumors from Telegram (@nemred @nemberia) point to that it’s being worked on to get us on at least Kraken and Shapeshift.

NEM is available on Litebit.eu which is where I’ve bought my first NEM. I am not affiliated with them in any way but they seem to be the cheapest to get NEM from, from my own research. NEM can be bought by using a SEPA, bank to bank transfer.

Also, 1st post :slight_smile:

Well, if you take a look at the list here Litebit does seem to be very expensive. But if you want to pay in €, there is not a lot of choice. This will probably change when price and/or volume goes up and exchanges start missing potential revenue.

1 Like

Usual standard template response:

Jul 25, 17:22 PDT

Hello,

We apologize for the slow response time to your inquiry. Due to a significant increase in traffic, we’ve developed quite a backlog that we are working through. We have since greatly expanded our support staff to meet demand and hope to be able to answer any and all inquires in a more timely manner.

While we are always open to adding new digital assets to our exchange, we’re not currently accepting any new listings. The best way to get up-to-the-minute details regarding which assets are being listed on Kraken is to read our email newsletters and follow us on social media.

Sincerely,
John
Client Engagement

The way to start such an enquiry is to mention large amounts of money.

They must get emails every day from clone coin brats.