Gimre's riddles #02

Remember Gimre's riddles #01 ?
Part #02 coming #soon

• There will be single multi-stage task
  • you can form a team if you want
  • no questions/answers this time, you’ll have to figure out where’s the reward
  • prize ~16k xem
  • if you’re first and generous you might leave half of the prize for further participants

request for: @BloodyRookie, @Jaguar0625, @deleted_user_1, @guillem, @kodtycoon - you might participate, if you want to, you can leave some proof of reaching final level, but please leave reward for others.

Levels

Let the show begin:
warmup: NAWARMUHWTVNGDGIG5APG6HVDKPUQTITEFCJQDIO
FIXED ef8c8d35e7bd183b3b5a5bcd4844fe428e072116ee0499dd4faf710b62c515a4

18 Likes

:smiley:

2 Likes

Cool riddle! I’m unfortunately stuck on ‘Work’ :frowning:

edit
thanks to pauls hint I now know how it works, thanks :slight_smile:

cool game!

not enough, want more puzzles

1 Like

that went fast!
congratulations to NC2EXX-WC4QDJ-CIGMRM-HEWXPP-R4B7FW-AHKU6F-XEYL

let’s wait till Apr 11, and then you can publish solution.

omg, serious facepalm here…
after carefully preparing each and every level, i have screwed up by giving wrong private key to warmup account…
instead of warmup account, i’ve given priv key to seed account…

this probably made whole riddle much simpler

There’s one ‘hidden’ level on level 4, seems nobody has found it yet

maybe the level after opus-account? I think nobody was able to get the audio file working

certainly someone was able to do it, proof:
http://chain.nem.ninja/#/search/ND7SINGXE3G4K7CYKCIGPDTBOPFHDMLE6LZXORGW

1 Like

seems NC2EXX-WC4QDJ-CIGMRM-HEWXPP-R4B7FW-AHKU6F-XEYL managed to grab hidden level 4 before i even posted it on twitter
http://chain.nem.ninja/#/transfer/8fbbfd1536d9a0dc3c06650fd1da5df43a77762e00bc8288d93ef545bf0b208c

1 Like

@gimre it’s our address (XEYL) and we didn’t solve optus yet :stuck_out_tongue: ORGW was golly as far as I remember
Problem with missing bytes. Now trying with Kotlin library.

mplayer?

… so it was a team effort? 5 people? … shame I had to go to sleep at 4 am … anyway thanks for leaving the second price :wink:

Yes, International team work:) Did you solve optus file?
IMO it’s corrupted, neither NIS (local call to decrypt), NCC, nem.core can decrypt these messages. Nanowallet returns incomplete result (each for part except last one should be 976 bytes according gimre). Only last part is readable. So I think there is some problem with “full messages”.

1 Like

I tried nem-library, same result as you. Spend several hours trying to get some intel from the garbled file. I thought it is intentional :wink: … but now with your information about 976 bytes and a little hack in nem-library, I have the complete audio, pk is in there loud and clear (https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LxZ-gI7DQUORIgnNEELbyc0wE5LhaFJR). Speaking of which, how you managed to get the private key, then?

1 Like

Can you share with us how did you manage to return the full message? I also tried several ways of decrypting it and every time I had corrupted data.

edit. Thanks @Kamil now I got it!

I answer this instead of @CryptoBeliever: the same key is from golly. And now for @gimre: why the same key twice? Was it intention?

Used nem-library: With information above - appended dummy padding to encrypted payload, decrypted, truncated decrypted message to 976 bytes (cut off garbage).

2 Likes

11 Apr now but hidden level 4 still not solved by somebody else and 49 xem are there. So we wait and don’t post our solutions.

nope, as i’ve mentioned earlier i posted wrong key :roll_eyes:
with proper key, you’d have to go one level after another without ability to skip levels

(and btw hidden level 4 contained key to level 5, so you couldn’t progress without finding it)