Hard drive failure - nemwallet folders not enough to backup?

Hi,

I had the NCC client installed and copied right away the full folder I installed the wallet to - just in case. And the worse happened few days back, my hard drive decided to die.

Now that I look closer there are no .wlt file in the folders (dont undestand why tbh…). Are there any personalized file in the nemwallet folder or in its subfolders that I could use to recover it? Kinda strange if there isn’t anything - as a rational person (who don’t read helps…) I thought this would be best backup available.

Cheers in advance.

I will ask you just in case.
C:\users\ …your_username…\nem\ncc Is there no .wlt file in the folder?

No, because everything on C: was lost :frowning:

It is completely inaccessible state.
If there is no backup, there is also a method to ask the company that is doing the HDD data recovery service to restore.
However, it is a very expensive service, and it may not be possible to restore the target file.

From now on, please keep the .wlt file and secret key.

Ok…

Just for the development point of view: Its rather strange that if I copy whole wallet it is not worth anything… .wlt or some kind of back up of it should be stored in the wallet folder too :frowning:

A wallet is a file. It gets created when you create a new wallet. The wallet is written to the folder
c:\users\ < your_user > \ nem\ncc
on a windows machine.
If you didn’t back up that folder and the c drive is dead, then the wallet is gone too.
And if you didn’t write down the private key for the wallet then i guess the xem are lost forever :frowning: