Harvesting - account remote status locked

hello,

since i reached the minimum vested amount of XEM to start harvesting i activated it and it all worked until a while ago when it stopped. i found that the server was down and reselected another for a few times [remote/harvesting status: active] but since then [more than a month ago] i haven’t harvested anything.

today i found out at nem-tools.com the following information:
POI-score: 0,12 *10-4
remote status: active

this worries me. can you tell me what’s going on and what to do, please?

thanks in advance,

-tisseenschande

@tisseenschande you should refer to your nanowallet status. If both statuses (Remote status and Harvesting status) in nano wallet (“Manage delegated account” Service page) are ACTIVE it’s OK.

1 Like

thank you for your quick reply. both statuses are active and always have been since i started harvesting in the first week of october. i harvested 3 blocks in the first 2 weeks but nothing since then.

i did deactivate/reactivate my remote harvesting a few days ago but that was after about a month of checking node status / reselecting nodes if neccessary.

i tried searching for a solution but i probably am not using the right search terms. can you give me any advice how to proceed?

thanks again pawelm

It looks like you simple doesn’t have luck after two blocks you already harvested.
If both statuses are ACTIVE all is OK. My POI score showing by page http://nem-tools.com/#/account is 0,1589 * 10^-4 and my last block was over three weeks ago.

1 Like

ok, i guess my expectations were too high after that initial ‘luck’.

i’ve updated the software and will keep on trying to connect to live servers. one last question if you don’t mind: is it advisable to let nem-tools manage this node connection check/update or should i do it myself?

thanks for your time and advice pawelm!

You talking about auto restart harvesting available in http://nem-tools.com/#/harvesting?
In my opinion is safe. You put there private key but it’s delegated account private key (NOT your main account private key where are your founds). Please don’t put wrong private key :slight_smile:
Personally I’m not using this service but it looks safe for me.

1 Like

ok, good to know it isn’t a scam of some sorts. maybe i’ll use it sometimes in a later stage.

thanks for comforting me. have a good day!

1 Like