Harvesting problem--Error 1265

I give this error when i want to start delegated harvesting
…what’s wrong ? what i must do ?

error 1265 NIS transaction rejected “importance transfer is not active”

Can you walk us through what you were doing ?

There are two ways to harvest. Either you harvest locally, for which you have to run your own node.
You can also use what’s called delegated harvesting which is what most people do since it has multiple advantages. For delegated harvesting to work, you first have to activate it which means you have to issue an importance transfer transaction which will transfer your importance to a remote or delegated account that you can then harvest with. The point of this excercise is to be able to harvest on a remote node without having to expose your private key. You can safely expose the private key of your delegated account because it can’t move funds. All it’s good for is harvesting.

Dear Patmast3r
how must i do it ? (“you first have to activate it…”)
please guide me thanks

Depends on the wallet your using. Nano, or NCC ?

Dear Patmast3r

NCC

thanks for your time

I believe there is a button called Activate Delegated Harvesting. Once you clicked that it’ll take, I think roughly 6 hours for it to be activated. The you can click Start Delegated Harvesting and it should work. I should note that nodes only have a few free slots for other people to harvest on so you’ll have to find a node with a free slot.