HELP-Problem with Login on mobile wallet [SOLVED]

Hello Everyone,

I’m reporting a problem with my mobile phone wallet app.
Last night, after a couple of days, I tried to log on to my mobile app in order to check the status and buy more coins.
However after the first typing of the code that was correct, the wallet did not allow me to access by telling me that the code was invalid. However, knowing that I did not make a mistake, I continued to try again and again. I did it for sure 30-40 times, and only after that - NEM has accepted the password,that I previously typed 30-40 times and which is correct.
This morning I tried to log in thinking that perhaps something was missing last night, but today I have the same problem.
In this regard, if someone can give me an answer to what ,this is happening, I would be grateful.
With respect,

Aleksandar

I am sorry. I have not heard of this issue. Hopefully someone else can chime in. Is this android or ios?

Please make sure to backup your private key. This way you can access your XEM even if you get locked out of your mobile wallet.

Dear Saul,

And I forgot to tell you that it was an Android application.

Sincerly,

Aleksandar

Entering passwords on mobile can be a bit of a struggle (which is why I use a password manager), please try this in order to verify the issue is with the app, not with your entering the password.

type the password into something else, like maybe the address bar of your browser and make sure it’s correct. Copy it. Open the app and then paste the password into the field. Does the problem persist ?

I know it’s a little sketchy to type the password into a field that isn’t meant for it but if your phone is compromised then it doesn’t matter anyways.

I use keepass and it’s pretty awesome. It even autofills password fields for you so you don’t have to copy them (doesn’t work with the NEM app because it’s probably not able to detect it’s a password field, works e.g. with Signal though).

MeMario,

Thank you for your advice.
I tried with a variant of a copy paste but it will not.
I’ll wait, so I’ll try to transfer the coins to the desktop wallet.
I forcibly shut down the application, set it on and off the phone 5-10 times.
I think that’s the only way I can solve the problem.

Sincerly,
Aleksandar

Hi there, I have encountered the exact same problem. Until yesterday everything worked fine and now after more then 10 attempts, no luck. How is this possible? It has nothing to do with typing on my android phone. Writing it somewhere else and copy paste doesn’t help. How man tries do you get? Does it Block after X times?

Can I remove the app or does it make things worst?

kind regards
Sep

do you have private key and what wallet are you in use?

Hi Dorian,

I fixed it, somehow the password was right again.

Thanks for your response

Kind regards
Bas

1 Like