How to pay with Xem at a little store?

Hello

I think we have to bring the XEM to the people, out of the nerd Corner from here  :wink:

Therefore I have an Idea, what could help to do this easier.
It's just an Idea and my english ist not very well, so please don't count all my spelling mistakes :wink:

http://picpaste.com/pics/publicpreview.php-oJ027Ldv.1435061394.png

Hello

I think we have to bring the XEM to the people, out of the nerd Corner from here  :wink:

Therefore I have an Idea, what could help to do this easier.
It's just an Idea and my english ist not very well, so please don't count all my spelling mistakes :wink:

http://picpaste.com/pics/publicpreview.php-oJ027Ldv.1435061394.png

The mobile wallet behaves like a cold wallet, sign and generate a bin file, pass to the Merchant system and then let merchant broadcast it. But it cannot be a QR code. That will be difficult. Otherwise anybody can send anything out with that.

Question will be, how do you send a file across without connectivity?

But there are other ways if the service is a centralised service offering.

Well certainly the mobile wallet app is going to play a big role in this sort of scenario.

A mobile wallet is pretty much a necessity

What is the idea? Am I missing something?

With this Idea, its possible to pay with xem without an internetconncetion. Thats it.  :)
This app could run on everything with CPU, Display, and Camera.

What idea ? You haven't posted any information on it yet.

The Idea, explained on the picture at my first post.
It displays a process at shop, butcher, starbucks, etc - how to pay with xem mobile.
Its only an Idea, or better - an inspiration, a thought or what ever.
On my opinion it make sense and its a cool feature for nem.

The Idea, explained on the picture at my first post.
It displays a process at shop, butcher, starbucks, etc - how to pay with xem mobile.
Its only an Idea, or better - an inspiration, a thought or what ever.
On my opinion it make sense and its a cool feature for nem.

I don't know about the rest but I don't see a picture in your post.

ahh, ok.
Does this link work?
[url=https://ihlowerhoern.de/index.php/apps/files_sharing/ajax/publicpreview.php?x=1280&y=889&a=true&file=XemOfflineAppIDEA.png&t=1OzUw4r9ur8fdoM&scalingup=0]https://ihlowerhoern.de/index.php/apps/files_sharing/ajax/publicpreview.php?x=1280&y=889&a=true&file=XemOfflineAppIDEA.png&t=1OzUw4r9ur8fdoM&scalingup=0

I thougt it might be possible, that the app could generate executabele transaction string, already signet (and includes an unique number that it can't be double executed). If this isn't possible, then my Idea is only a very little addon.

The mobile wallet behaves like a cold wallet, sign and generate a bin file, pass to the Merchant system and then let merchant broadcast it. But it cannot be a QR code. That will be difficult. Otherwise anybody can send anything out with that.

Question will be, how do you send a file across without connectivity?

But there are other ways if the service is a centralised service offering.

I don't understand what you mean by that. I think a qr code should work just fine.

merchant prepares the tx "template" with price and receiving address

user scans those information (encoded in qr) from a screen on the merchants POS terminal

user is presented with the template info and tells the app to go ahead at which point it will present the user with 2 options

1) broadcast yourself
2) merchant broadcasts (cuz no interwebs connection on his phone)

App makes a complete tx out of it (i.e. signs it at which point it can't be tampered with anymore) and either broadcasts it or presents the resulting qr qode to the merchant.

merchant scans it and broadcasts it and / waits for confirmation.

177x177 qr codes can hold a ton of characters so that won't be a problem either.
Amy I missing something ?

I think you're right, pat. It should work.

So with this idea you can initiate a transaction without an internect connected device. The one step 'broadcasting the TX' is done by somebody else (the merchant).

I'm just not sure how important this idea is, because I usually don't have the problem of not having internet anywhere^^ So is this idea about countries where a lot of people don't have mobile internet? Then the question is, how people get a device which is able to do this.

So with this idea you can initiate a transaction without an internect connected device. The one step 'broadcasting the TX' is done by somebody else (the merchant).

I'm just not sure how important this idea is, because I usually don't have the problem of not having internet anywhere^^ So is this idea about countries where a lot of people don't have mobile internet? Then the question is, how people get a device which is able to do this.

Yeah, it's prob not really a common use case.
It could be that someone has some hardware wallet that is only used for this very thing though that doesn't have an internet connection to make it more secure.

When you are abroad you usually don't have internet, so that could be a big use case.

When you are abroad you usually don't have internet, so that could be a big use case.

Right. Hadn't thought of that. Good point.

Allthough it'd might be possible to set-up a centralized, trusted service that you can register with to broadcast tx via sms :)

Thank you pat, you found the right words to explain. Exactly that was the idea.

Paying wihout mobile Internet could be interesting in third-world countries (where the people got old smartphones and not everywhere a connection).
Oh, and don't forget indor situations, where your mobilephone can't get a connection because of the thik walls and the whole metal around you. Then you need such feature. :wink:

A general possibilty to use this service as a fallback whenever there is no internet connection for any reasons would indeed be nice.