How to setup a supernode after using nano wallet delegated harvesting?

I have a nano wallet setup and setup delegated harvesting. I have received some XEM rewards from the delegated harvesting. However now I want to setup a supernode and I believe I need to use the NCC wallet to do this instead of the nano wallet.

What is the exact procedure for me to shut down Delegated harvesting on the Nano account so that I can setup a supernode ? I’ve read on other forum postings that NEM users have got “locked out” from moving their delegated harvesting from one wallet to another wallet because they did not follow a specific set of procedures to ensure they terminated the first delegated harvesting account correctly first. I do not want this to happen to my account and therefore hope someone can assist in taking the right steps.

Thank you

John

1 Like

You don’t need NCC. You only need your delegated private key. It doesn’t matter if you got it from NCC or NanoWallet.

Please follow the tutorial and you will be fine.

Hello, I followed the link above on setting up a supernode and it states to download the Stand alone wallet below is the instructions: It does not say anything about using the lightwallet for setting up a Supernode.

Instructions taken from the Supernode tutoria:

Steps to Enroll and Participate in Supernodes

Step 1. Download and run the stand alone version of NEM from nem.io.
Note: The stand alone tutorials for Mac, Ubuntu, and Windows can be found at the NEM Tutorials Index.

I have read the instructions however these are way too technical for the average person to follow.

I think the big issue with setting up with a Supernode is that it is designed only for computer programmers to setup. The average person will not be able to do this.

Why have NEM made this so technical. Why doesn’t NEM create an installer which we can upload to the server, double click and it is setup? Why make it so complicated ?

NEM would have many more investors setting up Supernodes if it was not so complicated.

I’m not sure where to go from here as the instructions are too confusing to follow. I would have thought that a step by step screen recording at the very least with all of the three recommended hosting companies would go a long way to helping people setup a supernode. Maybe someone could create one of these or knows of one?

Thank you

John

This is more updated guide than the blog post. Which part on here are you stuck on?

Hello, Step 1 of the guide says download and install the standalone version of NEM. What is the standalone version of NEM exactly? Is that the NCC wallet or the Nano Wallet or something else?

Step 2: I using command lines: This would require me to spend time to learn what I’m doing with this plus the software to do this plus if something does not work I would need more time to figure out what to do. I have not used VIM and that also would require training time.

I think that NEM technical department need to understand that investors such as myself, do not have the time to be learning and implementing command lines for installing software especially software on an operating system we have also not had much experience of. The great majority of investors do not have experience with this. What we need and want is a simple installer which is a one click install and we just enter the paramaters in fields in a form. It is all to do with the time required to learn the background to ensure we are doing everything 100% correctly. We making a reasonably large financial investment and for that reason is must be setup exactly correctly. With a self installer we can be sure that it has been setup correctly to install correctly and is setup in a secure manner.

I frequently see computer programmers / developers assuming that everyone can do what they can do. That is not the case without us taking considerable time to learn these skills. I have Ph.D Biochemisty, by analogy if I was to ask one of the NEM technical developers to run a HPLC analysis on a enzyme digest of Ribonucleic acid strand to identify the base pair sequence and then said there is the RNAase enzyme, the RNAand the HPLC column with the instructions I’m sure the tech team would understand what we are going through. To me that procedures is walk in the park.Most successful people that can afford a supernode work long hours. I work 14 - 16 hour working days what we need is a fast, simple, straightforward way to setup the supernode -without having to learn anything else. That can be done with a self installer with fields to enter our variables.

I am currently now trying out the ctl.io NEM self installer. If I don’t have success with that I’ll be back here.

Thank you again for your kind assistance on my question. I hope my feedback might be heard by NEM senior developers. People want to invest in supernodes but its just too time consuming for non programmers.

@spizzerb Will set up and maintain your supernode, for a fee. The goal is to make harvesting easy for everyone, but I don’t think that is the same goal for supernodes. We want supernodes to be reliable and dependable, ease of setup is secondary to that.

I suggest ctl.io or speaking with @spizzerb, those are both easier options that having to configure a vps yourself. I don’t see automated supernodes setup in the future, though it would be really nice to have that for harvesters.

I am looking for someone to setup a supernode for me, is anyone offering this service still?

Can’t see how to send PM to @spizzerb

click on his name, and choose “message”

@spizzerb has also telegram account (same nick)

Thanks, but I don’t see option to message, maybe me not available to noobie like me straight away.

Thanks, I’ll try and each him there too