[Important] Compatibility problem of mobile wallet

The settlement of XEM is gradually done and compatibility problems are reported.
It is reported that the invoice created on iOS can not be loaded on Android.
To be exact, ‘QR with different format’ appears on Android.

So I compared the QR code of the invoice of iOS, Android, NanoWallet.

The difference is that iOS only has “AMOUNT” content as a string.
Android and NanoWallet are numbers.

Each JSON format

iOS: “amount”: “50000000”,
Android & NanoWallet: “amount”: 50000000,

For this reason Android considers not to load iOS invoice.

In stores and free markets, settlement with XEM is rapidly increasing.
Complaints are coming up from the general public, so please hurry to fix iOS.

Addition.
When investigating in detail, the compulsory key and arbitrary key are different depending on the implementation.
Again, I think that it is necessary to clarify the JSON format by type.

Thanks

2 Likes

This has been a known issue for quite a long time: https://github.com/NemProject/NEMiOSApp/issues/275

I think that it is a different issue as long as the contents are seen.
Moreover, it is a problem if there still remains an issue more than a year ago.

@thomasoehri
Do you deal with this problem?
In December, NEM-only Free Market will be held in Japan, so we would like to make it in time if possible.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hello Mizunashi

I’ve released version 1.1.4 (https://github.com/NemProject/NEMiOSApp/releases/tag/v1.1.4) of the iOS wallet yesterday, which fixes the invoice QR code incompatibility issue.
It is currently waiting for review by Apple, before it gets released on the App Store. I think that should be in the next two days - maybe a day more since there are holidays in the US.

Thank you for reporting the issue!

1 Like

Hello thomasoehri

Thank you very much for your immediate correction.

Hello Mizunashi

Version 1.1.4 of the iOS wallet is now out on the App Store, since about a week.
Were you able to check if scanning invoices created with the iOS app is now working as expected on the Android app?

1 Like

@thomasoehri shouldn’t app be first tested on test flight before released (just asking about the flow)?

1 Like

Version 1.1.4 was already released as a tesnet version for quite some time now. Since the additional change that was needed to fix this issue was a very minor and not a risky one, i decided to include it in this release.

2 Likes