Importing keys into a wallet

Hi guys!

Can I ask one small question here, please?

I’m one of the holders of those NEM stakes, which were distributed ~2.5 years ago. I have a private key, public key and an address, but I’m really not sure if I did everything right back then for funds to be available now.

So, I’m sorry, I think I should get straight to a point: right now, in the current version of NEM software - is there some way to import those keys into a wallet?

Thank you…

If you are using the NCC client, then there is the “Add existing Account” menu item and if you are using NanoWallet then you can create an account from the private key via “Signup -> Private key wallet”.

Thank you for answering!

I did exactly as you said with NanoWallet, a wallet was successfully created, but, unfortunately, there is 0 funds in there :frowning:
That’s strange because I remember how I redeemed the stake and saved keys and address…

I guess in that case there is nothing else can be done about it? :frowning:

What is the address for that account?

Address: NA354J-K273TR-23TVP2-DN462D-UJ4FZH-CZ4RHM-4CJT

http://alice2.nem.ninja:7890/account/get?address=NA354JK273TR23TVP2DN462DUJ4FZHCZ4RHM4CJT

Empty, so you are not in the nemesis block i guess. Probably missed something during redemption or your account was flagged as sock puppet account.

Oh, thank you - now it’s clear what’s happened - my account probably was indeed flagged as “sock puppet account”.

Well, I really did got multiple stakes back then for myself - so, I guess, I deserve it :slight_smile:

Anyway, it’s crazy how right now these stakes are worth, like, 13k$ each? :smiley: And back then it took only about 10 minutes of my time to get one.

Good luck guys to you and your cryptocurrency!

(P.S. Sorry for breaking the rules of stake-distribution process)

1 Like

Thanks for being honest and not complaining, that’s very nice to hear :sunglasses: