Incentive for users running nodes for delegate harvesters?

There is only 5 slots per node that delegate harvesters can use, so there’s a lot of demand for these available slots. I was thinking why there is no any reward for running a node? It doesn’t have to be a big reward but at least something to incentivize people to run their own nodes, this will create more nodes for delegate harvesters to choose from. I’m not talking about super node, i’m talking about regular nodes. Super nodes are already being incentivized. I was thinking .5% reward for every slot in use of the 5 slots available.

I am managing the full node at the public VPS.
There is no incentive, so I have thought of somewhat similar things.

I don’t know why there is no incentive, is this the new economy :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You can set the numer of harvesting accounts to any number you like.

I was actually thinking about some harvesting service.
When you start harvesting on some node, when node is restarted your harvesting stops with no notice.
You can ask some fee from people for putting their delegated private key to yours node config, so their account is harvesting all the time.

You can set up a site, where people will bid for your harvesting slots the same way the “lending” feature in poloniex works

If I understand it correctly, wallets that delegate harvesting onto node will lend+contribute their importance score to that node which increases the node’s total importance score, which further increases that respective node’s chances of harvesting blocks.

Higher chance of harvesting blocks leads to higher chance of fees collected.

no. the importance is transferred to accounts, not to the node. you transfer your importance to a delegated account and the node that you select will use the delegated account importance.

if there is 3 different harvesters on a node, the importance is not summed up. each of those harvesters have their own importance score.

1 Like