Interesting Coin

I am new to this forum but a long standing person on BitcoinTalk.

I have become interested in this coin as it seems to have unique potential. I don’t listen to endless speculations and pump/dumpers nor hype/FUD, but do my own research before I invest in any coin. Most alts i did not invest more than a few quid in, ended up well in profit when UNO pumped.

Me and my clients often transacted in Bitcoin. Until the fees became too high. Seriously, i ended up paying an 11USD fee at one point, and a 5USD fee today has taken well over two hours to confirm, and it is still stuck.

I found out about this coin, and I am very interested as it seems it will have practical UTILITY as well as being merely digital gold. The harvesting system seems to remove the ability to hold, and it doesn’t seem like a pump and dump to me.

The coin seems solid, although I am still reading about it. But there is only one concern. The supply of tokens (from the genesis block i seem to have found, someone correct me if i misunderstood) is 9 billion (more than there are people on earth). Where are all of these tokens held at? Whats to stop a whale dumping large quantity of them?

This holds the potential for inflation, and the super node investment needed is too high for any sane individual. Even the normal harvesting node will require an investment that if the price raises enough, the average joe is excluded. I have invested a bit of my mined Bitcoin into this coin as it seems rock solid, and I am hoping for HW wallet support, as storage of my keys I am quite paranoid about. I am more interested in the utility of this coin, as for the past three years I successfully used Bitcoin for daily digital transactions, the insane fees meant switching to Litecoin to continue, me and my clients were quite disappointed watching the endless debate and arguments over what to do with Bitcoin, while transactions for its intended purpose to do business with remained stuck.

I am interested in this coin and am going to be observing closely, and even popping in from time to time. But I am concerned only about the token supply, if someone else could enlighten me on the implications of this. Anyone who has them money to run a supernode for instance, could easily become a big player in this game and earn insane amounts of return, wheras the smaller person is priced out, the subsequent dumping of said tokens by a large player would/could saturate the market, creating a market condition not unlike the large mining farms selling large quantities of coins.

Other than this issue i am asking you guys on, I am interested in the coin and it seems it has utility.

Thanks! And nice to meet you all.

Start here: https://nemnodes.org/richlist/
The richlist gives a pretty good estimate of supply and distribution. 1 xem is divisible by 6 and About 5 billion xem is floating freely in the market. The rest is locked up in community funds.
Most of the members in the community got here at sub 1 cent xem. So the cost of a super node was much less. Having a few of the big holders sell would be beneficial to those of us that came after 10 cent xem.

There are many projects that are building utility both on the public and private chain and I recommend you review some of those. Xem is a crypto built from the ground up to be used by the real world and the supply has 0 inflation.

Thats why I was attracted to it, thanks for your response. I have been interested because its not just a knock off of the bitcoin code, but has bought something new to the table.