Lightwallet --> Donate the NIS owner?

Hello

Is it possible to make a Button on the Lightwallet that a user can donate the NIS Server?
The NIS Operator has only to add a NEM Address for the donation which can be made like an optional fee?

… just an idea.

1 Like

in subsequent releases, nis itself will not include lightwallet, it’s suggested to use “standalone lightwallet” packages, instead of lightwallet served directly from server.

However, such functionality could be added to lightwallet, address could be part of node name in some format, or node data, and lightwallet could take it from there.

i like this idea a lot! we should have a donate button in the mobile apps, that funds could go into node rewards program (because the mobile apps benefit from the high performance nodes a lot).

and the lightwallet could have a donate button and these funds could go to some other NEM funds?

hmm I thougt it should be used to cheer some NIS Operatpors on to advertise their Nodes. For example to have the fastesd, securest or stablest NIS Node running out there ;).
So the Donation has to send direct to a Node Account and not a founding.
The founding account are seperatly to be filled up with donations maybe.

I like the idea of nodes being able to get donations. That is pretty neat.

Also somebody once even mentioned an alternative idea, that this could be a way of doing advertisements.

So like for instance if I have a website that is a node explorer or faucet, maybe I could say “100 free XEM at faucet.nem.io” as my node name. Or maybe I could say “Explorer and Rich list at Blockexplore.in”.