Lost nem wallet recovery

Hello all

I started an NEM simple wallet using the microsoft edge browser and transferred funds via changelly to it. I left the computer and browser open and came back 2 days later. The wallet is no longer showing up in local files. I did click to back it up multiple times but was unable to locate any .wlt files on my computer by searching the C drive. I do have the following information - the wallet address and the username and password that i used to log into the account. Is it possible for me to recover this wallet or am I SOL?

Thank you in advance for your help

i informed Quantum Mechanics of this thread. I think there is a problem with the edge browser.

Hi,

Look in your download folder but Edge have been signaled as not returning the wallet files…

If you don’t have the .wlt file and no private key, there is no way to retrieve your account… Sorry

On the dashboard it is written that you must make backup of your private key and ensure your account is safe when using Main network…

You must never send funds on an account before being sure everything is backed-up.

MS Edge as well as MS IE are not supported (like a tons of other applications) because they are bad browsers for numerous reasons.

New version of the application will lock if using any of those browsers to prevent this kind of issues.

“Sorry” isn’t an acceptable answer since there are so many issues with this wallet and the problems are well KNOWN. The company needs to take responsibility and restore funds to its rightful owners.

It is false, issues are due to users negligence.

It is not my fault if users are using the worst browsers or outdated browsers. I cannot try them all nor update them if not compatible with Nano.

We are not responsible if a browser support a script or not. Even more when this script should be supported by all modern browsers.

BTW this has been fixed since months so I’m not sure why it got bumped

2 Likes