MarginX - Enabling Everyone To Profit From Conservation - Community Fund Proposal

MarginX Community Fund Proposal:

MarginX is a behavioral economics informed incentivization system to reduce resource consumption in situations where other incentives do not exist. It can be applied in many areas that suffer from “The Tragedy of the Commons.” That is, when a resource is available for public consumption with few or no limitations, the resource tends to be consumed to the point of unsustainability. Current cases where the system could be applied are energy, water, waste and city traffic.

The fundamental revolution brought about by bitcoin was to artificially engineer scarcity and provide a digital, peer-to-peer method for transacting it trustlessly and efficiently. Ethereum added a second layer to this system, allowing smart contracts to be written and automatically executed on the blockchain, giving users the freedom to enforce agreements without the need for a central trusted party. While the true revolutionary implications of these two innovations has still not been realized, the industry races to improve on them in trivial ways, or to find ways to use them only to augment existing systems, usually to “cut out the middle man”. MarginX proposes using the distributed ledger to create markets for resources where it was previously impossible and as such we view it as a fundamental innovation for humankind.

On top of this, we are using the latest research in the field of behavioral economics to amplify the outcomes of these new markets. Our first implementation will be in the energy markets, so let me use that as an example to illustrate how the system works.

HOW IT WORKS:

The foundation of the system is the Smart, Pre-Paid energy meter and crypto wallet. We call it the Proof of Conservation Miner, hereafter referred to as the POC Miner, or just Miner. These meters are given to energy utility companies for free for installation in their users’ homes. Users will need to charge them with energy credit before use, either by mobile or with store bought credit, according to regional norms. Energy companies will determine the amount of energy they would like to produce and distribute tokens representing the right to consumption to Miners according to the number of people in the home. This is done on regular intervals and these “Caps” are valid only for the distribution period (ie. when new Caps are distributed, the old ones are invalidated). In order to consume, users must have both sufficient Cap and sufficient credit on their Miner. As they consume both caps and credits are burned. These transactions all take place on a regional private chain.

The Miner will communicate with a central server which will determine, based on historical data of both this user and other users, whether it should be expected that there will be Cap remaining at the beginning of the next distribution period. If this is the case, a Cap sell order will be posted on the Margin Exchange. The exchange will pair this sell order with a buy order from another user, paid for from their energy credit, meaning users can now profit from saving energy. When Miner makes a sale on behalf of the user, the user’s mobile wallet will be credited with XEM tokens, purchased on their behalf by MarginX. The XEM token will be the main currency on the Margin Marketplace.

The YOMO miner, precursor to the POC Miner:

MARGIN MARKETPLACE:

The marketplace is one of two features of the mobile app. This is where users can spend their energy savings and is also where we can amplify the salience of their savings. The marketplace shows users what their savings really mean, more than just the number. Here, users will be presented with items that they can buy with their savings, priced in terms of how long it will take them to obtain them based on their current saving rates. The marketplace is a targeted advertising platform (ie. We can connect users with the suppliers of goods that provide them with the best savings or psychological benefits). Examples of items to be sold on the Marketplace are air-miles, energy efficient appliances, transportation cards, health insurance, vouchers for school books etc. Guidance for reducing consumption will be given by the second feature of the mobile app, the Margin Manager.

MARGIN MANAGER:
The Margin Manager is where users will see the appliance-by-appliance breakdown of their consumption, as well as be given personal advice on how to reduce it. The Manager will also provide social and psychological incentives to reduce, either by way of a leaderboard, home-to-home comparison, a gamefied levelling-up system or others, again depending on regional tastes.

MARKET ANALYSIS:
Our initial target market is in developing areas, particularly those that rely heavily on renewable energy. These areas are under the most stress in terms of their energy resources and generally already have Pre-Paid meters installed. Our research indicates that they are desperate for new innovations in this area. As such our tentative initial market base we put at 10-20% of the population of Africa, or about 120-240 million users. This will obviously take significant investment to make into a reality. Current Pre-Paid meters in these areas are not smart and are being sold to utilities for anywhere between 50 and 150$ per unit. We can provide Smart, Pre-Paid meters, with psychological incentives built in, and we can provide them for free.

BUSINESS MODEL
The main revenue for Margin comes from exchange fees from trading of caps. These fees can be as low as $2 per month. Our initial goal is 200,000 users in the first four years. That results in an annual revenue of $4.8 million annually. On top of this we will extract a 5% fee for products bought on the marketplace, estimated to be $0.5 million annually and we will also charge an advertising fee for products listed.

Note: In Zambia, only 120,000 users are connected to the grid, that is 20% of the population. These are almost entirely city people, though not all people in cities are connected. The grid is running at maximum capacity already but, as efficiency improves, more people are getting connected.

WHAT’S IN IT FOR NEM:

1. We are offering NEM foundation a share in our company. If we reach our modest fundraising targets, this should be a 3x for the NEM fund within a year, though cashing out at this point will be restricted.
  2. XEM will be the currency of the Marketplace, driving demand and increasing liquidity for the token.
  3. Users will save XEM tokens in their mobile wallets until they have enough to make a purchase. This will reduce the circulating supply of XEM tokens. The reduction of supply, coupled with the increased demand from point 2 should increase the scarcity of the token.
  4. We will develop the Golang SDK for NEM2.

WHY DID WE CHOSE NEM:

1. Ease of development and strong support
  2. Nem Community Fund will allow us to skip ICO completely and instead create a fully tested proof of concept before seeking out venture capital investment. This means that we will be able to choose only the strongest investment funds to invest in our project. Having their weight behind us greatly increases our chances of success.
  3. Catapult. With the release of Catapult, NEM has become the quiet leader in terms of blockchain features and throughput, the features we intend to use are as follows:
  4. High-throughput: Using our intelligently engineered system of public and private NEM chains, we can provide our service to more than the entire worlds population with current technology.
  5. Automatic transaction fee payment: This enables the trading of cap tokens for fiat without the need for a stable coin and provides ease of development of our profit generating mechanism. (This needs more investigation, maybe it is or possible to use like this).
  6. Decentralized swaps will be used to govern the trading of energy caps and conversion into XEM.
5 Likes

Hello everybody. I am currently preparing to apply to the community fund for support for my proposal. I share here with you my system early in the hopes that you will provide valuable feedback. Since this will be a NEM funded project, and NEM is based on community, this proposal is a community project and am open to improving the proposal based on your input. You criticism and/or your support is welcome. If you have means to support or advise us in any way, please let me know.

Join the discussion on telegram:

3 Likes

Great post Corporal! Will upgrades for the miner be available in the future? Any thought put into the design of the miner?

2 Likes

Hey thanks, well yea. We redesigned the YOMO board (this is an opensource smart meter made by some MIT students) as part of our feasibility study to see if we could get the price low enough to be viable (which we did, reduced by about 50% so far). Later iterations will focus more on security and integrating with specific hardware configurations in different regions. We will also need to get off the Arduino, that’s just a prototyping board. Once we have finished our large scale (1,000 home) test we will remake the boards from scratch.

As far as upgrades go, yes absolutely. There are many features we would like to bring on later but for now we’re focused on getting to the next stage. When we have an up and running company, there will be plenty of r&d work. One thing is to figure out if we can use blockchain to provide a software solution to make the meters tamperproof, this could reduce our hardware costs and be really attractive to utility suppliers. Also machine learning will likely allow us to estimate the loads of devices that are not being measured directly. For example, if a device is being turned on from 6-10 pm every weekday and has energy consumption similar to a TV, then we can be pretty sure it’s a TV, and add that data into the margin manager. That is really second generation though but is also where it gets really interesting.

1 Like

Hi, I want to make sure I fully understood the premise of this project.
So customers install meters in their homes that are charged with energy credit from which people can then pay for their energy consumption. Any credit that’s left over at the end of the month gets returned to the customer, thus giving him a “profit” from the energy savings.

Seems to me that if someone wants a smaller energy bill all they have to do is consume less power (ie. not leave the lights on when not needed, unplug unused appliances, etc.). I understand your starting premise about the “Tragedy of the Commons”, but I’m just not sure this is the right incentive to achieve that goal.
For instance, in your research, did you ever come across this or similar videos?

This idea is not new to me, and I heard it in more than one place by now. If someone can afford to pay their energy bill, they won’t bother worrying about saving any money on it, because as you said, the resource seems “limitless” and they have the money to pay for it. On the other hand, if someone else’s energy bill is way too expensive, they will start being mindful about their consumption and try to save up because they can’t afford to be wasteful. In both scenarios, an energy meter (on top of the energy meter) is not needed in my opinion, as it won’t create any meaningful impact.
So the bottom line is that you incentivize them through other means, like Alex talked about in his video. You appeal to their social/community status and you start comparing them to others. For most people, rich or poor, this will work because social status is very important to us.

3 Likes

Hi Nervazaur, appreciate the well thought out response.

So point by point:

1. So customers install meters in their homes that are charged with energy credit from which people can then pay for their energy consumption
    -The utility company installs the meters. The meters track consumption by appliance (only high load appliances as they are given their own line from the main)
  2. Any credit that’s left over at the end of the month gets returned to the customer, thus giving him a “profit” from the energy savings.
    -I think you missed out the whole tokenization of assets part. Users are given a tokenized “right to consume” and cannot consume more than that without purchasing the rights from others. If they consume less, their extra rights are sold to others. This is where they get their profits. This is similar to carbon emissions trading, but at a home-by-home level. Users will never see the trading happening, only the results.
  3. My research was focused more on studies and experiments. I researched in an online university library, but yes the behavioral economics concept is well known.
  4. … an energy meter (on top of the energy meter) is not needed in my opinion, as it won’t create any meaningful impact.
    Actually, this is one of the more powerful parts of the system. Give me some time to watch the video you shared and to form a clear response for you on the utility of the meter. There are a few cornerstones of this system, one of the main ones being, like you said, social feedback and that doesn’t require the meter. There are also other elements that do need the meter, let me respond to that properly tomorrow.
1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply. I will definitely wait for further comments on the link I posted.
In the meantime, thanks for clarifying some things for me. On #2 however, this seems to me like an inconvenience for the customer - if not real, at least psychological. Why would anyone install a hard cap on their energy consumption? (A mouse with batteries is fine until the batteries run out, then it becomes a hassle because it always happens in completely the wrong moments. But maybe the way users will purchase additional rights when their caps are met will be integrated more seamlessly, and not turn the whole process into a drag.)
I’m all up for saving on my energy bill (I’m quite mindful of this already, never leaving appliances needlessly turned on, etc.), but I personally don’t like the idea of having an energy consumption cap. I want to be given the possibility of saving energy, without being confined by it.

On Tokenization:
The user will not interact with any caps, they are basically an accounting system. You will never be cut off because you do not have enough cap but you may be cut off because you are not willing pay extra for caps in peak periods. Please don’t jump to conclusions here, it is better to voluntarily turn off and make a profit, rather than for the entire grid go into a blackout. Some users who overconsume, they will have to start paying more it is true. Since we are first targeting developing countries I’d like to use one as an example to explain how this will likely work in the real world.

Zambia is currently experiencing blackouts for about 8hrs a day. This is because their energy supply cannot meet demand. If there is an absolute maximum demand possible, determined by the amount of cap distributed, there would not be blackouts anymore. What will happen instead is that these cap will start to fetch a high price on the market. Instead of having a blackout, users can voluntarily turn off their devices to earn money from selling their caps to other users who cannot do without. Bitcoin traders for example :slight_smile: Users may get a notice on their phone. “By turning off your lights from 6-8pm today, you can earn a or b” or some equivalent behavioral psychology enabled statement.

2 Likes

On Energy Savings & meters:
The TED talks that you shared is interesting, but that sort of incentivization mechanism is just one part of our system and yes it is very effective. They are anticipating being able to generate 2TWh in energy savings next year. Our system is aiming to go many orders of magnitude higher than that in our first implementation in just one country. We will use behavioral incentives such as described in the video but also much more. One aspect of which involves the smart meter.

The smart meter serves two main psychological functions (as well as the mechanical functions which I wont go into here). First, it is a Prepaid meter. This single fact has a very powerful effect on consumption. Second, it provides detailed feedback to the consumers about where exactly their energy is being consumed, ie Fridge, air conditioning, water heater or lights. This also informs the manager part of the app enabling it to give personalized advice to the user.
(I think it is interesting to note here that the users in Zambia who were put onto the Prepaid meters reported very high levels of satisfaction from it, even though it may seem like a hassle before it’s implemented. I think we will have the same experience with our cap and trade system).

One study that informed our product design was (Petersen, J. E., Shunturov, V., Janda, K., Platt, G., & Weinberger, K. (2007). Dormitory residents reduce electricity consumption when exposed to real‐time visual feedback and incentives.)

Extract from the abstract:

Blockquote
– Overall, the introduction of feedback, education and incentives resulted in a 32 percent
reduction in electricity use (amounting to savings of 68,300 kWh, $5,107 and 148,000 lbs of CO2 2) but only a 3 percent reduction in water use. Dormitories that received high resolution feedback were more effective at conservation, reducing their electricity consumption by 55 percent compared to 31 percent for low resolution dormitories. In a post-competition survey, students reported that they would continue conservation practices developed during the competition and that they would view web-based real-time data even in the absence of competition.`> Blockquote

This is just one study, and we have a few more, but they all lack a long enough testing period or a high enough test population to be taken as scientific evidence. Still, the results are very informative. Having detailed and real time feedback on consumption has a very strong effect on consumption. This is what the meters are for.

As you seem interested in energy conservation, I strongly recommend you to check out this study. From following these guidelines I reduced my already low energy consumption by almost 50% overnight. These are the kind of things that we can recommend to consumers in our app. The miner will allow us to track specifically the savings, quantify them, compare them to other users, show consumers what they can use the savings for and even level them up or give other benefits, as always depending on regional tastes.

Does this clear up why we have the meter and how the tokenization is intended to work? If you want to see more of our research I’m happy to share my paper with you in private, we haven’t finished with the editing and formatting yet so I don’t want to post it in public. Hope you can understand. Thanks for sharing the video. We will be reaching out to that company for advice and cooperation when the time is right.

1 Like

hi,
there is a new guideline for NCF, application needs to be submitted online. Can you please review the guidelines in this link?
https://nem.io/community-fund/

NCF application will have to be submitted in the given link.

Thanks for taking the time to explain the project better to me. It does make a lot more sense to me now, and I’m convinced enough to give my support. I wish you the best of luck!

Also thanks for the study you provided, I will check that soon and maybe it can help me save even more.

As for your last line, if anything comes out of it, it will make me very happy to know that I could help even in a small way. Good luck in finding a good collaboration.

1 Like

Your idea is good. But I don’t think this will become reality.

1. It requires enormous amount of funds and strong management team to do something like this. I have worked with many energy companies including Tesla and they are for profit companies who will never allow such system.

2. I seriously doubt if you have any background in fundraising or finance. How will you achieve $4.8M annual revenue in four years? Can you explain? I see that you don’t want to go for an ICO but you haven’t mentioned any fundraising plans to support the revenue. You have also mentioned that you will be working with renewable energy in first pahse. If yes, the you need to go back and correct your economics.

3. You are offering sweet dreams to NEM holders but in reality you’re forgetting your revenue model. How will you make money? How will you convince the energy companies? Especially if they are public private corporation.

4. I don’t see any team. Anyone with startup experience? Anyone with fundraising experience? How will you achieve something like this without a proper team with strong management experience?

5. You will sell the hardware to energy companies. What is the cost of manufacturing? Did you develop the technology? Do you have patents?

6. Hardware is super difficult. Where will you manufacture these units? The “go to market” in your case is high. Go to the point 2 and read again.

7. Your point No.3 “Increased demand frim point 2 should increase the value of token” REMOVE THIS IMMEDIATELY.
    NEM community is extra cautious of everything that might suggest NEM should be categorized as a security in the USA and elsewhere.
    “Expectation of profits” is one quality of being classified as a security. You just did that.

I think it’s not about tech but it’s all about people management. The most difficult thing to do in your project will be convincing companies, government to work with you and go for a cryptocurrency based system.

Good luck

1 Like

I always find projects that mix the physical world with the digital world fascinating.

Just wanted to learn a bit more about the device. How do you connect it? Does it require an electrician to install? Does it go inside the switchboard?

Will be watching this project! Good luck!

I beg to differ. It’s hard for me to respond point-by-point since many of your points actually consist of multiple points so let me change the format a bit and I think I can touch on all of your, quite valid, concerns.

At the most fundamental level there are two main issues, the product and the market. The product you have not raised any concerns about whether it will work or not so I will skip that.

The market:
For any region where a grid is being run at or near maximum capacity there are three options: a) Invest hundreds of millions or even billions expanding capacity. b) Reduce consumption and c) Blackouts. For regions that are not running at capacity there is no incentive to implement a system such as ours. We focus on areas that do. These are generally developing countries, but also some developed. One clear indication that a region is aiming to reduce consumption is that they have installed prepaid meters in users’ homes. Prepaid meters reduce costs of paper billing and also tend to reduce consumption. That is why they are installed in many countries in Africa, parts of China and other areas around the world. If we were trying to reduce consumption in an area not operating at near max capacity the project would be a flop. 100%. We’re looking at areas where their quality of life is being affected by lack of electricity and that is where we will be given the chance to prove our product.

Costs of implementation: $5-10 million
Each miner will cost between $25 and $35 per unit. So you can do the math, depending on our funding we can install that many meters minus operating costs. It’s in the infographic above. Such large amounts of capital must come from VC funds. And yes, we do have advisors (friends) working in VC here in Shanghai. I myself even worked at VC for short time (GuotaiJun An Securities, it’s one of the biggest investment banks in China) before being hired to Skycoin. To get VC funds to invest, we need to give them something that they can explain to their shareholders. VC funds do not invest in early stage usually and so to get access to these funds we must first tick some boxes.

Box 1: Team has a proven track record
Box 2: There is a product and it works
Box 3: Partnerships allowing it to be implemented quickly
Box 4: Portfolio fit
Box 5: Ability to generate profits soon after investment

We cannot tick these boxes well enough for them with a proof of concept. This is why you have angel and seed rounds. Currently, almost any chain that you chose to develop on will give you seed capital. Our goal from the seed capital is to get those boxes ticked so we can get the next round of funding. We do need a lot of money, but that doesn’t meant that it can’t work. Far from it. We have the connections and they’ve already told us what they need to see from us.

On this note, yes TEAM is the most important thing. We have built our startup team, and it is strong but for personal reasons we would prefer to reveal it only to the NEM committee at this point and will do so in our application. For running this project properly though, after the Series A round of funding, when we have 100’s of thousands of users, data pouring in that needs to be analysed and product adjusted accordingly, hardware to manage, relationships, legal issues etc. we need very very experienced managers. Again, just like the VC funds, these kinds of people do not work for early stage startups so again, our focus is on getting to the stage that they will be willing to work for us.

Minor points:

1. We don’t sell the hardware, we give it for free. We make our profit out of the users energy savings. When they sell caps (it’s done automatically), we take a cut of their profits. We also take a service charge on the marketplace and charge there for advertising.
  2. We will make them in China, we are based here.
  3. The miner was redesigned from open source so we didn’t patent it. We will need to hire a professional to figure out what we can and should patent. I don’t see any return from that investment at this stage so I haven’t looked into it. First thing is get it working, in the real world, when we’re preparing to approach VC’s we will look into patents and copyright of the code.
  4. Series A funding from VC’s is also just one more step on the road to IPO. If we want to make this product that can change the world we need 100’s of millions in investment. Each step is just a step. If we have a profitable company with the right portfolio fit and want to expand, there’s no shortage of capital. One thing that is interesting about our project is that, from an investment perspective, it should not be highly correlated with other assets since we’re dealing with a basic necessity. Getting a wee bit advanced here talking about IPO’s and uncorrelated assets, but that’s where we’re heading if we can execute each step successfully.
  5. I’m not offering NEM sweet dreams, this is what a good token model looks like. I’m using XEM because I disagree fundamentally in creating tokens that aren’t needed. Fundraising is a use case too, but we won’t need that if we can go the route I have planned. It’s difficult to use XEM for savings as planned because the price will be necessarily volatile but we are willing to take this on and spend effort to work around it so that we can return value to the community that supports us.

I hope this has generally convinced you as I think that you’re main misunderstanding was that we are trying to cause energy companies to lose profits. Actually many energy companies want to improve home efficiency around the world. We’re “selling” this to them for free where they currently have to pay tens of millions.

When we do an AMA I would appreciate it if you attended. We need more critical thinkers in this community asking tough questions of projects and you’re the most scathing yet!.

Hey, yes. The utility’s electrician will need to install it. It will go in at the main, the main line where the electric comes in and is passed off into the different cables that feed the house. There is an issue with that though that, depending on the setup, they could be easily stolen. This is one of the issues we will begin to address in our 3rd and 4th iterations. We want to put it out on the main because it will give us many benefits of a smart meter, without needing any smart devices since from there it will be able to read the consumption of the major devices. It could be that we will have a measurement and communication module outside at the main, and the expensive parts of the hardware doing the processing inside the home.

I do understand your solution. I worked with Solar city and I was involved in Tesla when it they accquired it. I wanted to do something else that make sense and that’s why I started to collect XEM.

Your answers revolve around same senario where you are again dreaming of an IPO. If you have worked with a VC company, you will understand better than anyone that IPO is at least 10 years of work with 100M+ unless you want to scam people and raise funds via bogus IPO.

I don’t see a strong business plan. You are selling hardware for free, you will have a cost to manufacture for sure, there are testing involved because energy management companies only take certified meters. The legal involved in such certifications are high. Companies are spending tens of millions of dollars because they are worried about a Chinese made open source meter can be tampered and that will cause them billions of dollars in revenue.

Here in USA, most if the companies use GE and their subsidiary companies. I don’t know how you’re going to overcome their business plan.

You don’t have to create a token for your own but in your case the only reason I see people switching is only by providing high incentives. I also don’t see any hardware plans or cost related in your proposal. Looks like somebody said something about NCF and you decided to switch to NEM and the first thing that you did was create an NCF profile.
I didn’t wanted to sugar coat my reply but this is an area where I have strong expertise. I’m only trying to help you out by providing enough info.

1 Like

I appreciate your input and really, you make very accurate points, but you are assuming that we are on the wrong side of these things when we are not. On top of this you are misrepresenting my words and I think it is very important to keep this accurate and civil.

1. I have not stated that we will need to go to IPO to be successful.
  2. I have not stated that I intend to enter the US or European markets at this early stage. I am well aware of the barriers to entry there.

While I’m sure you may have some experience in the industry, our team includes an engineer who has worked for years inside one of the national energy companies we are targeting and there are already channels of communication open between us, the company and national government there.

Our business plan will be made public once we get the green light from NEM.

NEM is not the only chain with a fund. In fact, most do. If we were only after the money, there are easier options. You clearly don’t understand the crypto space. Four of our team members come from very well known cryptocurrencies, all of which have incubator funds. We chose NEM for the reasons I have stated, the money alone we could get from any chain.

You are not taking efforts to speak accurately and with respect but instead your comments are riddled with incorrect assumptions and thinly veiled ad hominem attacks. This project is extremely important, as you said yourself, the tech makes sense. If we figure out the market, which we have, it has potential to have huge impact. I am investing my own family savings into this and you will see when we present the business plan and milestones that I am not using it to enrich myself. Myself and much of my team will be taking a 50%+ pay cut to work on this and a massive loss of security for our families. Even our cashing out at the A round will be limited much more than our investors’. Our milestones are carefully thought out to reduce the risk to the NEM fund if we are not successful. For example, the second milestone includes getting agreements with energy companies to implement our test cases. If we can’t get these, the funding will cease before we start spending serious money, as it should be.

Please afford me the same respect as you would if we were talking face to face. Ad hominem attacks have no place in intelligent discourse. Worse, they can be extremely effective at swaying public opinion even in the absence of sound logic.

1 Like

I don’t want you to take this personally. It’s very important that you take my points seriously rather than mixing it with human emotions. I’m not and never said that you are trying to scam people.

As of now, I’m not very convinced by the business plan and whatever the claim is. The only reason is because we have seen many projects that doesn’t make any sense getting funded. (Not just via ncf) even by other chains.

I do believe that your solution will work and I’m looking forward to see the entire proposal after you get the green light. I’ll also participate in the ama. Keep us updated here.

Good luck

I do. You have raised some good points and you’re right on many of the things you have said. Just some things do not exactly apply to us or we have already checked them out and found solutions. You mentioned about the safety tests etc., actually this is something that is a bit off in our budget because we had hoped to redesign from the prototype and get certified after getting the A round. You are right though, we will likely not even be able to get the test groups without first having the safety certifications. I am listening and that was good input for us.

I don’t fault you for being sceptical. You can see my other posts on the forum. I feel the same way about the fund. Just please be careful, you haven’t seen everything we have yet and it could be really easy to turn the community off us before we’re even had a chance. I posted about margin a bit early because:
a) I am excited to share this. It’s the product of many years of trying to find a solution, and many months of revising and redesigning the system and strategy and building a strong and passionate team and
b) I wanted the kind of feedback that you have given as early as possible, but I have to say I got a little more than I bargained for there haha.

I appreciate the interest though. I know it takes time and effort to do what you are doing.

Hi all,

Some updates on MarginX from the past couple weeks

-Development has begun on the golang SDK for catapult, coming along nicely.
-continuing relationships with regional governments in Africa and East Asia
-Onboarded a machine learning specialist and manufacturing partner and we are currently getting them up to speed on MarginX
-Currently upgrading our hardware and are manufacturing a custom arduino board as well as a custom built machine learning enabled shield.
-Creating Brand/marketing strategy to promote our project and while delivering a coherent message on MarginX’s mission.

Things are shaping up quite well and we look forward to sharing more with you all in the near future! Feel free to ask any questions you have here and we will answer to the best of our ability. Have a great day!

-MarginX

3 Likes