Massive .png file in created Apostille?

Hi Guys!

When I create an Apostille of a file, the .zip file is created, containing 3 seperate files. One of them is a nice .png file. Any ideas why this .png file is so massive? It seems to be around 4MB? Can a smaller file be generated? Strange that the file is so large, normally .png files are pretty small.

Also - where would I find the code for the .png file creation? I would like to customise the look of the generated .png

Thanks for any assistance :slight_smile:

hmmm, can anybody answer this?

yes, sorry for not responding. I told the developer about your comment and we reduced the size of both the landing screen image and the apostille certificate.

1 Like

Oh wow! Thanks so much @jabo38! NEM rocks :slight_smile:

here is an example of the new version. it is 521 KB

1 Like

That looks awesome, thanks so much @jabo38. Can I ask 2 more questions:

1. How/where can I modify the layout/look of the Apostille Certtificate?
  2. Is it possible to add custom fields to the certificate (in code, I will obviously not expect a GUI or any such functionality just yet). My idea is to store additional personal information in an external database, that will have some of those fields pulled in, to display them on the certificate.

Again, just awesome work from the NEM and Apostille teams. Thanks so much for your efforts!

Hi,

1. Only way is to create a new certificate image.
    Current is a png file stored as base64 into apostille.js inside the utils/ folder.
    I had too much trouble using the image directly in the canvasโ€ฆ
    This file is really big so it can take a while to open or make your editor crash.

This will be improved soon.

1. You can do anything you want by editing the module code :slight_smile:
    It uses canvas so you can draw custom fields on the image easily.

Thanks @Quantum_Mechanics! This is awesome, I will do some digging.