Migration Committee Community Update #11

Let’s stop any meaningless discussion as we will disturb this forum.

1 Like

Well, to be fair, you started it by making a general assumption that investors who are disappointed by this update are ones who are always fail to make an investment. That is, in my opinion, insulting and uncalled for. Hence, my response. I’m sorry if you aren’t prepared to receive such response in consequence of your thoughtless remark.

But, I agree, we should refrain from further littering the thread and go back on the topic at hand.

3 Likes

It’s highly likely that Fund is not opted into Symbol, effectively burnt at genesis, along with other funds to facilitate the blockrewards schedule while the remaining funds are divided into generic pools for future use.

2 Likes

Plz, NF, make something else. Bull time is beginning. Don’t make us suffer. Why do you make decisions so slowly.
1 feb: Aha , we haven’t enough testnodes… hmmm it can make an obstacles to release date.
Another date 1-3 days later: we can offer to community a couple variants. Nf make Rewards to community for testing or employ somebody else for queek start stable testing.
It seems you like a bears after winter sleeping c’mon . We haven’t more time for doing nothing, and for nothing you cannot engage more then ~150 people on test as we see now at symbolnodes.org

Just make it possible on older hardware and we good.

2 Likes

Read what’s between the lines. Actually there is not much interest in involving the community here.
And by that I don’t just mean the test network.

There are not 150 people. There are a few that operate multiple nodes.

Sorry, …

1 Like

I did see the tweet, and understand 100% we have not much of a community left. And TBH only real community is in japan. Running final major test on paid nodes is probably the best. I can run a Node but i lack any skills for testing or understand it fully.

2 Likes

This may be. But right now would be the right time to reintegrate and consolidate a community.
Unfortunately I can’t see that.
At this special moment, as a non-developer, you can learn a lot that will later be important for understanding.
Sure, the Japan community is really great. But it won’t be enough on the long journey.

I agree in every point, but not sure that pumping tutorials for 30+ PPL is the way to go. Maybe at some point Symbol will attract a new and bigger crowd you can build on.

1 Like

Keep perspective. This project has been moving forward for 3+ years and besides those new to NEM, most can tell progress is being made by looking at GitHub or updates from various teams. You can see nodes popping up all over the world and each new release of testnet shows more activity and folks joining. (Note: Not sure why nemnodes.org doesn’t show all participating nodes but it shows many of them.)

As for launch date, if it’s Q2 2020, I don’t think that’s a horrible time for release. Besides wanting to see the project get proper testing and support, I also suspect there will be a lot of momentum around Bitcoin’s halvening and wouldn’t be surprised to see more interest in the industry as a whole during this time. But really, when the project is ready to go live… it will go live and everyone will know because Symbol has a strong marketing and communication plan that has been in preparation for months.

Regarding bounties, we have budget dedicated to Hackerone. Anyone in community will be able to join Hackerone, registe there, and participate for a bounty. To be clear, Hackerone doesn’t have anything to do with testnet, it’s focused on the security and behavioral review of the software components, nothing to do with running nodes or the like. It’s merit based bounties so there’s participation involved and submitting reports. Details will go out in the next tech update.

Thanks for your continued support.

2 Likes

What about the snapshot date? I’m wondering what it has to do with any of the current progress of the development of Symbol blockchain. What would be the biggest factor of the date not being set?

1 Like

We don’t need pumping tutorials. You are right !!! What we need are comprehensible and complete instructions in the forum. You made a start with yours.
What we need for example is a github repo with usable artwork basics that lays the foundation for further community development. Where of course the legal conditions are clearly formulated. And so on …

2 Likes

Sorry, I don’t agree with you there.

2 Likes

Snapshot date is tied to launch date. Once launch date is confirmed, we’ll share more around snapshot details.

1 Like

You don’t have to agree. :upside_down_face: I can see the same data as you. Shows 10 countries so far. More coming as we work with internal teams on setting up their nodes. Testing has been going in phases and new testnet brings more opportunity to join and participate.

1 Like

Spain 0 Latin america 0

Pedro is running a node and he’s in Latin America. Not sure about Spain but we have Foundation team members in Spain so I suspect you’ll see nodes added there soon.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, Alex, I have a lot of respect for you.
But I’m ashamed that you think I’m so stupid.
This table says nothing …

1 Like

Hm? I don’t think you’re stupid at all. You’ve been a NEM community member since the early days and you’ve seen NEM go through many iterations from the beginning to now. I’m thankful for longtime supporters. :bowing_woman: I showed the graph because testing is happening in various areas and it’s not just one region. It’s not the mass volume we want/need yet – I’m aware of this as are others. Testing is happening in phases and there will be more nodes coming to support efforts. Foundation is making the effort to have every team member run a node and we’re working with the teams now internally to get folks ready. The tech team has been making updates (next one should be tomorrow by Nate) and the Slack channels have regular activity around testing. Foundation works daily with core devs so there aren’t any surprises about how things are going. Lastly, Hackerone has been super helpful in identifying and outlining things we need to do before we get to the finish line. That’s exactly what we want them to do.

As someone who has seen the community from early days to now, I hope that when you see nodes popping up – you offer encouraging words to keep folks motivated, not discouraged. Steps forward, even smaller ones, are still progress.

2 Likes

There was a suggestion to establish test node rewards. It will really increase the number of test nodes, I think.

1 Like