Mijin and NEM's Relationship

I was just wondering what the community’s thoughts are on how NEM and Mijin should be related. Are there any ideas on what you would like to see?

Thanks to Mijin, huge companies are looking at NEM. We really want to create a win-win situation, so please share your ideas!

1 Like

It would all come to what each would add to one another. I would like to see NEM extending functionalities to Mijin in areas where features would be tough to apply in a public block chain and vice versa, It would be great if NEM would power Mijin with all sorts of public block chaining functionalities that can not fully exist in Mijin private block chains.

NEM should provide some basic features for Mijin for free I think but XEM should become necessary for some additional features of the NEM platform. This way companies can try Mijin and NEM for free. I don’t have enough know-how to argue what kind of additional features. I do know though that it would be a nice sign to all investors of NEM to give XEM some specific functionality in Mijin. I think perhaps it’s a good idea to investigate the ways in which Ethers are used on the Ethereum platform to give you some ideas.

1 Like

I was wondering - and I think I asked that question on slack - myself what mijin is supposed to use NEM for (I think it was stated at one point that there is going to be a functional relationship).
For me those are 2 different worlds that have little to no need for oneanother in a technilogical sense.

I think the fact that mijin is more or less a fork (of course adapted to no end but a fork nevertheless right ?) and that because of that fact optimizations can - to some extent - be used for NEM as well is pretty much all NEM can ask for.

Mijin is working in a permissioned environment which allows for much more efficiency (no evil actors basically solve most of the problems cryptos have at one blow). It would be kinda weird if it used NEM for anything.

for me a logical relationship is that NEM and MIJIN are 2 layer of the same protocoll stack

NEM the global layer MIJIN the dedicated space layer

like INTERNET and INTRANET

the INTRANET need the INTERNET to connect itself to to world or with other INTRANETS

if ur question is if there should be a company as head of NEM like RIPPLE for example is lead by a company

then my answer is yes

u see the coinmarketcap of RIPPLE and how deep involved they are in solving business blockchain usecases

i think we can be the same just better

because our solution is superior

and our distribution is so much more fair

best thing that can happen to NEM is if it merge with MIJIN as a true company

where MIJIN buy lot of the coins that NEM dev team still own and in retirn the NEM dev team get shares of MIJIN
additional BEFORE such a deal is make public MIJIN should empty exchanges of all the cheap XEM

this way lets call the new company NEMJIN will be in a similar positition like ripple to own a lot of coins and have a deep control of market

BUT on a fair way not by premine but by buy every single coin they own as a investment into the future

Then what happens if dragonfly comes along? dragon nemjin?

1 Like

dragonflypay seems by its concept a single service

money transmitting

mijin seems by concept a multipurpose toolkit for private blockchain usecases

in my opinion mijin have the bigger scope

in fact if i think longer about its the head company over all should be no existing company but formed of all interested parts of future NEM ecosystem so yes dragonflypay might have a place too

The dynamic changes in blockchain does not permit a business like Dragonfly to stay static. :smile:

You shouldn’t compare Ripple with NEM. Ripple excells at what it’s designed for which is bein a backend for banks. NEM isn’t superior in that regard. Not yet anyway.

Will Dragonfly use NEM or mijin ? Just quickly thinking about it mijin would make more sense imho.

It should be a modified mijin eventually, essentially NEM still. :wink:

what ripple try to establish with his gateways is not designed just for banks

i think NEM will do good if iot try to accumulate the best features of all its bitcoin 2.0 competing solutions

counterparty
NXT
ripple

people my say ripple is no bitcoin 2.0
and its true for now

but still their way to create a business customer friendly enviroment with gateways to connect ur business should inspire NEM to do better

and there i see the NEM MIJIN relationship

a gateway technology that allow MIJIN networks interact with a global network

and if done clever NEM will allow this gateways not only to be utilized by MIJIN but also altcoins and even bitcoin

what network coins run on will be in a few years not off relevance regarding if u can pay with them

in the future i see the surviving coins will be useable everywhere a bitcoin accepted banner is visible

bitcoin itself will become more and more a worth that describe crypto payments and not just BTC but all possible coins

services like shapeshift and coinpayments is just the beginning in this direction

NEM clear should aim to follow this trend too and allow NEM network to handle lot coins and business around them to utilize it

As a use case, Ripple is a subset of NEM. Counterparty is not in the class of NEM as it has the baggage of Bitcoin. Nxt has some good features but they are messed up in their design. It is not structured in general design and approach and is all over the place.

As a permissioned blockchain solution, NEM sits comfortably ahead of the pack. NEM is open source and yet it is enterprise in approach and design.

We hope to see more of NEM in the coming months. Eventually, we shall see that the PoX comparison thing is actually barking up the wrong tree. We shall see enterprises care not about that too much. They will want to know what they can do with a blockchain and that security is a given minimum criteria that should come with every blockchain, and with whatever PoX.

u should not ignorre counterparty
yes it runs on top of bitcoin

but that doesnt mean its bitcoin 2.0 abilities are not a aim to represent in a similar way on NEM chain to

dont try to focus on being just different

focus on be able do the same just better
and then show then what we can do that they cant

We need to focus on being different, because we need to work on the 7B people and not on the 7million people in cryptoland.

Blue Ocean works on being different from the norm. And the norm is the crypto techno geek. NEM is cut out for both Crypto techno geek and the enterprise business. We will focus on being the same and better if it brings relevance to a business strategy. Otherwise, we should focus on what is best that the 7B people want.

In any case, NEM has provided most of what the platform should be and is ready for prime time. It just needs creative thinking to make the most of it.

It has most of the hooks required to build enterprise class solutions, including adding smarts to it.

Edit: Why can’t we ignore Counterparty? We don’t need them to survive. In business, we should not worry too much about the competition, but more so on the market unmet needs that we should be after. That is the real market to make the business grow. If we keep trying to outdo one another, we are merely trying to proof a point, but it makes no progress on the business growth, which is the crux.

1 Like

u cant ignore them because u will be never be able claim to be a bitcoin 2.0 solution if smart contracts is total out of scope

smart contract open the gate to a lot business usecase that then can be satisfied with NEM blockchain

if u give that up u just a new codebase namecoin

thats not the new economy we all dream about

I am of the opinion that smart contract is not doable in a blockchain. Besides smart contract is better off in a permissioned or private blockchain. In a private blockchain, NEM can easily have smart contracts incorporated.

There are many approaches to a problem. Ignoring them does not mean that we do not have a place in smart contracts. And smart contract is not the panacea. If you cannot put wings to a car to fly, don’t force it. Do something else to make the car needed by the masses.

Turing complete in ethereum is not a true claim. Anyway, my origins is from the real economy. I do not take to Libertarians ideals. So, my thought processes and strategies are all based on private blockchain type of solutions.

The idea is that we should do what is best in a solution and use other better and proven solutions to work with it to enhance the offering. So, ignoring them does not mean that I totally ignore them. It is just that they are on a different path from mine. And NEM has all the hooks to achieve the same things but more efficiently.

1 Like

then u dont need blockchaintech at all if its a private chain
u can just go normal database and service without blockchain

what make smart contracts interesting based on blockchain is the decentralized nature
that the truth stored in blockchain is visible to anyone

1 Like

Private chain has its cost merits in enterprises, especially for transactional records but not making it dance like using a smart contract. Smart contracts are not really required in banking using blockchain. They have, like you you just said about private blockchains, their own smart contract versions that don’t need to live off a blockchain. They will need smart contracts that will trigger actions on the blockchain for transactions.

Smart contract is definitely an experimental interest. Perhaps something else may require the smart contract on a public chain. People can continue to explore on this interest and makes things work. Reminds me of a system I designed some >30 years when I made a PC working to control a dilatometer for a research lab. PC was $6K and had only 2 floppy drives. Took 15 minutes to compile like 3000 lines of code. Big deal, definitely interesting and was the first in the lab to use the C language to control. Today, we can make use of a simple Raspberry Pi or Arduino to do the same job. That was 30 years ago.

If we apply the same to the smart contract, It will be a long time before anything good comes out of it. It is not turing complete in the true sense anyway. Ethereum’s a workaround turing complete solution. And if you look at the architecture of current smart contract designs, it will have the same and exponential problem worse than the issue of Tx/s you are having now in the transactions of the ledger.

When programs start loading, and loading onto the blockchain, you will find that there will be too many things to execute for a simple node. Won’t work until they solve those issues.

There is a big difference between ideals and real world. That is the reason why Bitcoin is still about <6 million people using it, and so is the rest of crypto land.

Permissioned ledger will take off, with low cost of implementation and internally distributed trusted security being its main thrusts.

1 Like

this is the NEM forum or? we hold XEM because we had a initial share of NEM or invested later on

noone of us hold anything of MIJIN

u are considered as NEM dev team

still u primary talk about MIJIN as the holy grail

without show us the positive impact this have on NEM

please explain how NEM will profit if ur mainly push MIJIN?

if NEM and MIJIN merge together as a company that would be a different story

but leave the community behind by push MIJIN and ignore NEM wont do us any good

sooner or later if u dont merge the companies

the interest conflic by codeing for MIJIN and getting paid or coding for NEM

will become a disadvantage for NEM