Mobile App Beta Testing

Ahhhh. Right nobody would really be running a full node on their main phone. But there are lots of people with extra phones, iPads or tablets laying around that aren’t getting used since they upgraded. In that case they could have their spare phone/tablet plugged into the wall 24/7 using their homes wifi.

But again, that would be much further down the road and somebody would have to code it.

Well that indeed is possible! And actually not a bad idea, since setting up a Rasp Pi or Cubieboard is a bit more complicated than installing an app on a spare phone/tablet^^

Yes, it would be a stand alone NIS app. People just download it from the app store, enter a delegated key and click start.

There are some problems holding us back though of course. Right now Android only supports Java 6 I think, and we use Java 8. And I guess some problems like that with iOS too.

It of course could be overcome and will be a lot easier I guess after Android supports Java 8, but then again somebody would have to write it.

But in the future, I really do think NEM can be a “harvest on your old mobile” platform. And if that was so, we could get A LOT of nodes.

Yes, would be pretty nice :slight_smile:

Here are a few screens from the latest iOS release we are testing.

1 Like

new iOS app update will be ready for testing in a day or two. hopefully the next version of android will follow soon too.

I would like to test app,to make more correct translation to Russian language

I requested you be added :wink:

can i have some invite? for testing?

Can I join in App Testing?

nearly each guy have a new mobile phone each 2 years
if the old one is good enought to run a node thats great

power is no issue u can have it forewver attached to a loading cable

it will be just the same as rasperypi

but u dont have to buy it

its the second life of ur former high end smartphone after u got urself a new one

If we’re still sending out invites to beta test - I’m in. Just discovered NEM and I’m impressed. I have several Android phones and I use them all. I’m very proficient with phones.

EDIT: I have android tablets and set top boxes as well.

1 Like

I can test on Android phone and tablet, if the testing is still going on.

Interested to test on Android.

Android seems to be a lot more interesting :smiley:

But we also need more iOs testers, anybody?

@diSynthetic @megashira1
Thanks, I’ll send you a PM with the details.

Same here: Android testing on Samsung Galaxy phone and tablet

Nexus 7 and iPhone 4 here. So either droid or iOS or both…

I have a question regarding the Lightwallet.
Once the nginx Lightwallet is downloaded and started, it is available in the browser on 127.0.0.1:7777 and it can be used to connect to a remote NIS, for example on go.nem.ninja:7777
However, if the browser is used to go directly to go.nem.ninja:7777 the lightwallet is available as well.

So why is the nginx server used in the middle, between the browser and the NIS?

This is the mobile app thread, please ask questions about lightwallet in the according thread.

@blue @garp
Thanks for your interest. I will send you details via PM for testing the mobile app.

Sorry to ask, but can you explain me the difference between the two?