Multi-factor authentication to the NEM Walet

Hello everybody ,
Do you think it would be a good idea to introduce a optional two-factor authentication (like google-authenticator) for the Wallet to increase security?

3 Likes

I think its smart idea. +1 from me

1 Like

How you want it would work? Private key is encrypted localy and it’s not stored remotly.
To increase security you should use multisig contracts / hardware wallets.

I mean when you log in to your online banking you use a multi-factor auth like SMS or google-authenticator not only the blank password.
After login to NEM-Wallet somebofy can do any transaction without private key and this can be a issue.
Of course hardware wallet is a perfect protection but not everybody has ione and so I find a good ideea to implement a software solution to.

What do you have in mind? A Text verification like Coinbase requires? Or a secondary password? How would offline transactions through the Nem Wallet desktop app be addressed?

I already have a great password for booting my wallet since I struggle to remember it the first few tries :upside_down_face:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.