Namespace and Apostille

Hi!

I have been testing the NanoWallet and Apostille quite a bit over the last few days.

One test is to create a namespace, then create a new Private Apostille. Strangely, there is no record anywhere either in the generated Certificate, or the .nty file or anywhere else that indicates the namespace?

Even when logging into the HD Apostille account that was created, the transaction just shows my account ID as the owner. I would have thought that the namespace would be indicated somewhere? As this is really the aim of a namespace, to have it indicated who issued the Apostille?

Or am I missing something somewhere?

Thanks! :smile:

hello!

reading the Apostille details I don’t see anywhere mentioning that your created Namespace would be linked to the Apostille HD Account ?

I’m not sure if there is any features (or plans) linking Namespaces and Apostille, seems like a good suggestion to me.

True, good point there. I guess I made an assumption on that. Yeah, I think it would be nice to have.

We can have it linked better and branded better. the process is in my mind, but it hasn’t been fully laid out yet in the app. Right now the Apostille dev is pretty busy on some other things.

You do have the option when added an extra memo to include your namespace name onto the note, but that option wasn’t added yet when making the Apostille. Lastly, we need to work on our formatting a little bit better.

Part of the problem was when Apostille first came out that messages were so short, we couldn’t have been able to handle a long namespace in the initial phase for branding, but now messages are much longer so we can consider that upgrade.

1 Like

Thanks @jabo38. I see when I sent a mosaic, the namespace was included in the message, which was cool. Having it show up when doing an Apostille will be great for the future. Thanks for all the work on making it better.