Nano wallet Help [SOLVED]

I have a question about the nanowallet>

I signed into my nanowallet this morning and was basically just refreshing my self with the wallet since it was a couple of weeks since using it. Well, as I was clicking on the links at top right corner I accidently hit the tab that deletes your account. I cannot believe that this would be this easy to do. I tried to log back in only to find that my account was deleted. Are you telling me that with a simple press of a button I can delete my account without giving me a second chance to rethink if this is what I want. Please tell me that I did not just delete my account?

I do have my private key which thank God I saved when opening my account. Can someone please help me in restoring my account with the nanowallet private key in hand.

I see that I can import a wallet so I just need to know what file under my nanowallet download is needed to import.

Hi,

You should have had an alert message that popped-up and asked for confirmation before purging your wallets, not possible in a single click or there is a problem.

Also, download of your wallet is automatically triggered when you create it for the first time, you must have downloaded it. I don’t know why the message is not on the sign-up page anymore but it is mandatory to download backup of your wallets.

You can restore your wallet by importing it again from login page ( if you downloaded it), or if you know your address you can go on sign-up page and create a private key wallet.

1 Like

ok so I will have to create another account and a get a new private key? what about the private key i already have?

as you can see I can’t even pull up the account that I had because it is no longer there.

No, you go to sign-up page and create a private key wallet using the private key you have. Or you import the wallet you dowloaded by clicking import wallet on login page.

Keep it safe

1 Like

Ok, it’s asking for an address. what is this? Do i use mainnet also?

I really appreciate your time. Sorry if I sound a little frustrated.

It is the account address of the account you want to import, don’t you have it ?

Yes

by account address do you mean what i named my account?

I think you mean the public address perhaps. No I don’t have it. All I have is my private key.

maybe another way is to import my wallet from my wallet downlad. The only thing is what file are theyasking for?

ok. where can I find this? I opened my folder but dont know which one to look into.

Not in the NanoWallet folder, look in your Downloads folder

I found something with cornerstone.wlt? cornerstone was my wallet name.

Great it is probably your wallet. Import it in Nano and you’re good

man you just saved my A… unreal the pressure I was under. I can’t believe that I wiped it out from the nano wallet. Don’t know how that was possible. ok. I have restored the wallet thanks to your awesome expertise. Thanks again Quantum_Mechanics.

No problem, make sure to keep that .wlt file safe and that you have copies somewhere (in USB stick or else)

yes yes yes. definitely. thanks a million.

dear sir, i need help of restoring my nano wallet, I got my private key, password, account name and wallet address but when i put it there in new nano wallet which i have downloaded now, it creates new wallet for me with new address and everything new, there is no balance and my balance is 0, how can i restore my old wallet plz.

this nano wallet sucks, i dont know why you guys create such an unfriendly wallet where nothing is clear. I give wallet id in poloniex and withdraw but it did not come and it was wrong so i created subsidary new account in my wallet and there was some balance but now old wallet is not working and when i give my all data it creates new wallet with everything new, this sucks, need help plz.

If you have the right private key everything should be fine when creating a private key wallet from signup page.

Your wallet is not working ?

You mean you created another account in your old wallet from account page ?