Nanowallet with good balance yet "No blocks harvested"

A new to this…

My balance is 269k XEM and my vested balance is 74k XEM… yet I’ve never received any payments. “remote status” says “active”. I have previously sent 6 XEM to activate.

Thanks

so you have activated delegated harvesting. After that, did you actually start delegated harvesting on a server?
For how long have you been harvesting? 74k xem vested balance is not that much…

I don’t know. I sent 6 XEM and I’ve selected a server from the list and started it. Maybe there’s something else I have to do?

Hi,

Now that your remote status is active you can use the right panel to start harvesting.

You should see “Start / Stop delegated harvesting” with below a password input, node selection and buttons.

Type your password, select a node with free slots and click on the play button next to the node selection dropdown.

The play button should become a stop button and node input will become grey then you are good.

Hi Quantum_Mechanics, a question on Importance rate. I am trying to understand how can i increase it without just sending money to unknown people. Could you advise or point me to a right direction? I would love to use XEM, but could not found any use for it yet… Do you know is sending XEM to crypto Exchange accounts will also affect Importance rate ?

I’ve done that already, it’s been a stop button for days but still no payments. My vested balance is now at 93.5K XEM.

Any ideas?

Hi, apparently most of the blocks are empty so far http://chain.nem.ninja/#/blocks/1010926 , maybe this is the reason. We have the same issue with delegated harvesting.

Everything is determined by luck.
The higher the importance, the higher the probability.

So how much XEM must I pour in before my luck becomes daily? So far I’ve received zero. According to this link I should of been getting something already:

http://samesake.com/xem/harvesting-calculator.html

I guess ~1.3B xems are used for harvesting.
With ~100k xem you will harvest a block every 13000 blocks which is every 9 days.
This is only a rough estimation.

1 Like

Finally nano tells me there is 1 harvested block and the dashboard says, “1042072: 6”. This means I received 6 XEM right? That 6 XEM didn’t appear in the main incoming list on the dashboard.

Is “fee” the right word, or should it say “reward”? If I have 10x vested then I get 10x fees (rewards)?

Thanks, I know these are very basic questions.

It is a fee from a transaction. if you have 10 x vested then you will harvest ~10 times as many blocks.

Hi Rookie, did you mean it is advised that to harvest “profitably” one should have around 1.3B or 1.3M XEM? was there a typo? Another question is: does a supernodes allow to harvest with all XEMs on account?

no, i meant that all accounts on our blockchain that harvest have a cumulative balance of ~1.3B (just an estimation from the block difficulty i see). from that i can estimate how oftern an account with ~100k vested balance will harvest a block.
Harvesting is not really profitable right now.
The supernodes however are profitable. And yes, you can (and should) of course harvest with a supernode using the supernodes balance.

Oh, i see. Not it does make sense, thank you. Will look at snode setup with friends.

If the number of NEM transactions increase (becomes more popular), do I still only get 6 XEM?

How much you get depends on the transactions inside the harvested block. Each transaction has a fee which the harvester gets. The more transactions the more fee a harvester gets, statistically speaking.

1 Like