Need Help - can't upgrade old wallet!?

FYI - I’m a n00b - I don’t know much about NEM but was given some a few years ago.

So I got a NEW wallet a few years ago when my buddy gave me some NEM. I never did anything with them but could log into my wallet to verify I had them.

Looks like NEM upgraded the technology? SO when I try and login now it said I had to import my wallet. found the file still on my PC and picked that. It shows up as Mijin undefined. When I try and login, it says:

Selected wallet needs an upgrade. This action will generate a child public key and add it into your main account. Download of updated wallet will be automatically triggered at success, you must download it !

So I hit “upgrade wallet” and then it tells me:

“Unknown wallet encryption method”

SO, I created a new wallet which shows as Mainnet with my username. I can login to this new accout so I thought maybe there is a way to transfer my NEM from my old account?

I know my old account address and my new account address.

Any ideas?

Hi,

Your old wallet is probably an NCC wallet. Did you exported it like explained here:

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply. One thing I forgot to mention is I upgraded to Win10 and seems I no longer have the NCC client?

I tried to reinstall it from the nem.io/install using the NCC/NIS Installer (Deprecated) but I keep getting a Java error.

So now I’m thinking to try and find a win7 PC, install NCC there and try what you suggested - unless you can think of something else.

I tried to reinstall it from the nem.io/install using the NCC/NIS Installer (Deprecated) but I keep getting a Java error.

You need 64-bit Java 8
https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Hi All,

I was able to get NCC installed and got access to my wallet. Just wondering if I HAVE To export my wallet to Nanowallet? Now that I have access again, I don’t see the need. Just looking for advice.

Thanks for your help.

You don’t have to upgrade to nanowallet, but you will be missing features. Also you will notice plenty of bugs in ncc, as it is not being maintained.