NEM account generator

Hey community,

i proudly present the first 3rd party NEM tool:  :slight_smile:

A NEM account generator

Please check out: [url=http://owon.github.io/nemaddress]http://owon.github.io/nemaddress

With this generator you can create alpah version addresses and add them to your signature.

Thanks to gimre for helping me with the address algo.

1 Like

Great work!

when the code will be accessible again?

Thanks a lot.

:slight_smile:

Hi,

i am currently in a discussion with the devs to be sure that the generator is able to create valid keys and addresses. Some testers of the preview alpha version reported a possible address mismatch in very special cases between the alpha client and my tool. I will relaunch if everything is sorted out and cleared, should be soon…  :slight_smile:

Hi,
i am currently in a discussion with the devs to be sure that the generator is able to create valid keys and addresses. Some testers of the preview alpha version reported a possible address mismatch in very special cases between the alpha client and my tool. I will relaunch if everything is sorted out and cleared, should be soon...  :)

Thanks a lot

;D

Hi nemsters,

just for info:
my account generator tool is back online, aligned to the community client and should always calculate compatible addresses. You can use it as well to create a vanity address (although the implementation in javascript is not the fastest)

Cheers  :slight_smile:

Hi nemsters,

just for info:
my account generator tool is back online, aligned to the community client and should always calculate compatible addresses. You can use it as well to create a vanity address (although the implementation in javascript is not the fastest)

Cheers  :)

Is there any possibility to use the GPU to try to make the address generation faster??

Till 4 letters works really fine. Whith 5 may take a really long time.

Great software!.

Cheers!

…thanks that you like the tool.  :slight_smile:

Initially i just tried to understand the address creation algo because i was planning a paper wallet based voucher project for NEM. One of the devs asked if i can create a webpage to generate addresses and vanity addresses and the generator was born.

Javascript will only be able to utilize one CPU core and therefore is a really bad platform for performance intense vanity address creation, but was the quickest way to implemnt and test the algo.

If i have some time i may port the code to c# for lauch and create a binary which should be way faster…

...thanks that you like the tool.  :)

Initially i just tried to understand the address creation algo because i was planning a paper wallet based voucher project for NEM. One of the devs asked if i can create a webpage to generate addresses and vanity addresses and the generator was born.
Javascript will only be able to utilize one CPU core and therefore is a really bad platform for performance intense vanity address creation, but was the quickest way to implemnt and test the algo.
If i have some time i may port the code to c# for lauch and create a binary which should be way faster...

Tip:
For more intensive calculum, I am using 4 browser tab at same time whith Google chrome, cause Firefox stucks the computer. Works fine like this.

I have a 8 core AMD FX 8150. But for more than 4 letters /numbers it can get more than one hour for a solution.

Thanks a lot Owon!

Can't wait to see offline app. If it's possible, add NEM's-Nickname-based generation and optional CPU (CPU+GPU  ::slight_smile: ) load of calculations to run multiday cycles of search.

Thanks for the tool, owon.

Unfortunately my generated account which was included in the genesis block was compromised. Do you include a money back guarantee in the package?  :smiley:

Will there be a new version of this for the Beta? 

I am guessing so.  Just trying to get an update.  I know everyone is busy right now. 

And congratulations!

Unfortunately my generated account which was included in the genesis block was compromised. Do you include a money back guarantee in the package?  :D

?? No answer on this one?

Unfortunately my generated account which was included in the genesis block was compromised. Do you include a money back guarantee in the package?  :D

?? No answer on this one?

Hey guys,
the generator is currently only able to create Alpha/Test addresses and is currently using an unsecure random generator. The random generator is not cryptographically secure but i thought it would be ok for test NEM and used it for compatibility reasons. If the account was compromised (still hoping this was a joke) it may be because of this, or the private key gets public because of other reasons. Everybody is welcome to review the code and improve the generator. I only created it "AS IS - without warranty" because i was interested how the NEM addresses are created and coded for fun.
I think i will adjust the code for real NEM addresses in the near future, but as said the random generator would need some improvement as well because it is not suitable for real NEM. Will see what i can do.

This is an old story. You can create real accounts with NCC right now.

There is for a real account?

no,not yet,but owon is working for real accounts.

see this thread:
https://forum.ournem.com/general-discussion/create-vanity-nem-address/

python3

Blockquote
secrets.token_hex(32)

Awesome work!