NEM & NXT Client on Raspberry together

Hello, sorry for my bad english  ;D
I'm NXTer from 9 months with a node running 24/7 on a raspberry and now i'm starting with NEM.

Is it possible run two client together on the same raspberry? Or 512mb al not enough?

Thanks…and sorry again form my english  :slight_smile:

That is a good question. One of the devs wanted to check that, but I guess he didn't make it yet.

I just got a cubietruck (Cortex-A7 dual core cpu with 2 gb ram) and I am playing around with it now… I finally made it to start NIS 0.4.11-BETA. It took almost 30 minutes (using an up to date db of 0.4.9-BETA). I am restarting it now to check if it takes that long again.

Edit:
The second start of NIS took again almost 30 minutes. So the migration of the db is not what makes it slow.

This step takes ~18 minutes:
INFO: Refreshing org.springframework.context.annotation.AnnotationConfigApplicationContext@179e8cb: startup date [Sun Oct 26 32:30:01 CET 2014]; root of context hierarchy<br />Oct 26, 2014 9:47:04 PM org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource setDriverClassName

I wonder what happens at this step. Maybe a dev could explain it shortly?

And another question: Wouldn't it be possible to use both cores? The cubietruck has 1 core at 100 % the whole time NIS is starting.

After a complete reinstall (now with Debian 7.7 wheezy) on the cubieboard 3 it now works  very good. NIS and NCC start in 1 minute or something like that.

For the pi it seems to be too much though:
https://forum.ournem.com/index.php?topic=2599.msg7989#msg7989

So if i want run NXT and NEM client on the same device I should replace raspberry.
I see cubieboard 3 and also odroid U3…what is better for my purpose?

The Odroid u3 has a faster cpu (1.7GHz Quad-Core). But it will be more power consuming, too.

And I don't know if there are any good and stable images for it. The Cubieboard 3 works with that image of Igor Pečovnik very well www.igorpecovnik.com/2013/12/24/cubietruck-debian-wheezy-sd-card-image/).

Ok, i bought a cubieboard 3… IT arrives in few days. I'll need also  a micro sd or can I install the image on NAND ?

Ok, i bought a cubieboard 3... IT arrives in few days. I'll need also  a micro sd or can I install the image on NAND ?
You should get a micro sd. I am pretty sure that the image from Igor won't work without an SD.

My cubie 3 is finally here.

I installed Igor image that yo u suggest, but i'm not able to install java 8.

Someone can help me?  ;D

Till now it seems java 8 is only available in "unstable" package (not even "testing"), so:
- go to "http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-arm-downloads-2187472.html" and download "jdk-8u6-linux-arm-vfp-hflt.tar.gz"
- extract the downloaded file (tar xzf jdk-8u6-linux-arm-vfp-hflt.tar.gz)
- mv /your-path-to/jdk1.8.0_06 /opt
-> moves the directory to /opt (that directory is for manual installation of applications which dont belong to the linux distribution)
- cd /opt/jdk1.8.0_06/
- sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/java java /opt/jdk1.8.0_06/bin/java 2
-> if java is already installed:
- sudo update-alternatives --config java
- choose "/opt/jdk1.8.0_06/bin/java" -> ENTER
-> to check, if that worked, use this command:
- java -version
-> if it worked, this is displayed:
- java version "1.8.0_06"
- Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_06-b23)
- Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 25.6-b23, mixed mode)
-> it is also recommended to setup javac and jar commands path using alternatives:
- sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/jar jar /opt/jdk1.8.0_06/bin/jar 2
- sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/javac javac /opt/jdk1.8.0_06/bin/javac 2
- sudo update-alternatives --set jar /opt/jdk1.8.0_06/bin/jar
- sudo update-alternatives --set javac /opt/jdk1.8.0_06/bin/javac
-> most of java based application