NEM Apostille - A NEM Notary System - Community Fund Proposal

So, how receiving accounts are generated in a higher deterministic manner or randomly and if tags are known or private is still being discussed and explored.

Most of the tests have fit. Just hashing a file with certain algos like SHA1 makes for short hashes, but others can make very long ones. But currently we are using signatures for the final message on chain, so it should be okay. But yes, it would be nice if we had more message space. I’m sure we could find a way to use it for something nice.

What also would be really neat to me is if I was able to send two messages to two accounts in the same transaction. I’ve been playing around with that. (Different use cases for this)

Rev also has a system mostly ready that can chain transactions together, but that is more of a plan B.

Gimre is the core dev in charge of Lightwallet. QM is designing a fork that will have Apostille notarization in it. We are just going at it cowboy style. :slight_smile: I also hope that this can be forked into the main Lightwallet, or just become the main lightwallet but ultimately Gimre will have to consider that and how it fits into the greater plans.

Great initiative !
:sunglasses:

It’s great to see initiative that aren’t focussed on profit and will be open sourced. This will create opportunities where people will be able to see the true power of NEM !

Love it! This is a well-taught use of the blockchain.

Awesome! Very good use of NEM.

Is the content/data ever revealed for all to see? How will it distinguish between
2 documents with the same name but different content?

Third parties can only see a hash signature on the chain. That hash signature is essentially scrambled data to them.

The contents of a file can’t be known from that hash or the hash signature.

If a person comes into possession of a document, they can upload it, find its hash, and that hash can then be used to verify the message on the chain.

Every different version of a document will have a different hash and different fingerprint so no two versions of a document will be the same.

If you have two versions of a document, you can check to see which one was notarized first and if from different senders from which sender was first.

Hello NEM community!
I am a representative of Project Radon and someone posted this thread in our Slack earlier. I wanted to contact you all and invite you to check out our project.

The Radium SmartChain offers a multi-layered blockchain to securely establish identities of its user groups and allow for publishing of any type of document - including but not limited to software file checksums. Building upon that concept, we also offer a variety of services to promote usability and functionality of our service offering; such as our One-Click Verification application, which allows for instant hash validation against published (Proof of existence) check-sums on our SmartChain - tied back to the registered and organizations identity.

Please feel free to check out our Wiki sites, and come join us in our Slack.
We would love to get the New Economy Movement involved with out project and utilizing our services!

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Radium_SmartChain
projectradon.slack.com

Your friendly Project Radon Representative,
Boardwalk :slight_smile:

Hope to hear from you soon!

Nice Project. Please send me NEM address of the funding account.
Regards Howi_

You are not supposed to fund it directly: NEM Community Fund Guidelines

Howi53. Thanks for being so generous. Save that for your grandchildren. :smiley:

In the meantime, just watch the young ones build wealth for your grandchildren. lol.

But yeah. Good project.

+1 thanks Howi53

good idea, i’m in

I like the idea very much.
Have you given the long term sustainability more thoughts yet, @jabo38?

First part of the plan is to get the website and wallet up and going. Then look around and see where we are.

Second part of the plan is after it is up and running to continue to develop the wallet version and website version based on feedback.

The wallet version will obviously need people to fund their transactions themselves.

But for the website. I would maybe like to seek 1,000,000 XEM from the unconventional marketing fund and then give away as many free stamps as possible. That would give me 38,000+ stamps. Then I would like to post all over the internet that NEM offer’s a free Apostille service, so people can now notarize and time stamp their documents. I think if we can build a nice website and good service, this could be a really good chance to help advertise that NEM is pretty awesome tech, get people to look into it more (way better than a faucet), and all the funds go right back to harvesters so they are happy too.

If we got 38,000 transactions, I would consider that a huge success, at which point we might want to look into becoming a real business. It would be nice to get a million transactions a year and charge a small amount for each. That would be enough I guess to keep a small business up and going part time. Or look to offering services with large contracts that want their own Mijin chain and want to do A LOT of stamps as a part of a larger on chain business plan. But if we didn’t even get 38,000 and we were giving them away for free, then I guess it wouldn’t have been viable as a business anyway, but at least we gave it a good try.

All that is a loooooong way away and many things would have to happen first. Right now we are just trying to get some basic free and open source services up and going to help NEM out.

Great name. Liking the proposal so far.

Is the NEM notary system targeted for real users for real-world use cases?

If so, I can see the NEM Apostille service adding more value to the NEM ecosystem :rocket:

Yes. We think in additional to banks that want to make sure their financial records weren’t altered, there are other institutions that would be interested in this. Basically anybody with very valuable data that needs to prove for sure to themselves that it is accurate.

2 Likes

##Voting Has Started

There will now be 5 days of voting on the NEM Apostille Project.

Please write a “yes” or “no” message to the following account if you support/reject this project:

Yes Account: NBFCID-D53LH2-2EF5JZ-SQPD3W-AKEBDZ-4RZCE2-6KWF
No Account: NAGOKN-2OGONY-NCNBLX-C6K4EF-DI6FI3-RBDE2B-2L7Z

Thanks for Voting!

Just curious, if this project is not approved what would the team members do instead, related to NEM? Nothing? Or is there a baseline roadmap that gets worked on by the core team, regardless of any community approved fund releases?

Will the development of mosaics, for example, be delayed of slowed down if funding is released for Apostille?

Hi, this is being coded by QM and Rev who are not Core members at this time. If it wasn’t approved, it would have probably been released as a basic version anyway just to make NEM better, but it is nice to have seen so much support for this project. This way Apostille can have more time and effort spent into it.

The Core developing team is actually working on a secret project codenamed Catapult everyday.

how much to send? im thinking if i send 0 the 10 will go to fees. why not send 8 then fees will be 2?

Vote is over. Thank you all who participated.

Final count was the following:

NBFCIDD53LH22EF5JZSQPD3WAKEBDZ4RZCE26KWF
COUNT: (‘108 voted’, 0.05743605546756523)

NAGOKN2OGONYNCNBLXC6K4EFDI6FI3RBDE2B2L7Z
COUNT: (‘0 voted’, 0)

Which gives 5.7% in favor of allowing this proposal to pass the first round.

1 Like