NEM Beta 0.4.12

New beta working like a charm, thats why i love NEM  ;D

@iaminitnow06: I installed you database and started the nem software. It synced within 1 minute, no problem.

Weird, let me try from start again  ;) Now I can't start NIS.  :o I have java 7 installed too. Can this be a problem related to that? I'll delete everything and start from scratch.

qiaminitnow06: Hmm…since it worked for me but you were stuck can you provide the nis log in addition?

qiaminitnow06: Hmm....since it worked for me but you were stuck can you provide the nis log in addition?

Hmmm. Lol you're probably not going to believe me. This is the 4th time I have installed 0.4.12 today.

[img width=800 height=449]http://i59.tinypic.com/14e10fl.jpg[/img]

Still stuck at block 10081. I have pm'ed you the nis log file link.

@iaminitnow06: The logs show that your internet connection is very unstable. In the beginning your synchronization requests get answered and you can synchronize part of the chain. After a while, you only get cancellation exceptions because your node receives no answer in time. Since every node you try to synchronize with isn't delivering the requested part of the chain, it seems to be a problem on your side (your isp).
Does your ISP limit the traffic? Or is he unreliable? I even see normal refresh requests for well known peers like alice3 resulting in INACTIVE status which is very improbably.

@iaminitnow06: The logs show that your internet connection is very unstable. In the beginning your synchronization requests get answered and you can synchronize part of the chain. After a while, you only get cancellation exceptions because your node receives no answer in time. Since every node you try to synchronize with isn't delivering the requested part of the chain, it seems to be a problem on your side (your isp).
Does your ISP limit the traffic? Or is he unreliable? I even see normal refresh requests for well known peers like alice3 resulting in INACTIVE status which is very improbably.

That's what I suspected but had no hard facts.;)

I had no synchronising problems while using previous versions. Maybe there is some problem with my connection today. But Websites, Youtube, Downloads are working fine.. It is late today, I'll try again tomorrow and post here :)

With 0.4.12 Node boots automatically. And name set as first symbols of the wallet number. Is it good decision? It seems, that everybody must have an opportunity to name their node by themselves

One more thing. The "settings" in GUI don't work properly. In Russian forum nobody could change the language. I tried some other languages - only English working. In other languages - something strange  :slight_smile:

With 0.4.12 Node boots automatically. And name set as first symbols of the wallet number. Is it good decision? It seems, that everybody must have an opportunity to name their node by themselves [img alt=:)]https://forum.ournem.com/Smileys/akyhne/smiley.gif[/img]

You can set the name in the settings popup. Only if no name is supplied the first 10 letters of the acount address are taken.

One more thing. The "settings" in GUI don't work properly. In Russian forum nobody could change the language. I tried some other languages - only English working. In other languages - something strange  :)

yeah, some syntax errors in the hindi file is the reason.

With 0.4.12 Node boots automatically. And name set as first symbols of the wallet number. Is it good decision? It seems, that everybody must have an opportunity to name their node by themselves [img alt=:)]https://forum.ournem.com/Smileys/akyhne/smiley.gif[/img]

You can set the name in the settings popup. Only if no name is supplied the first 10 letters of the acount address are taken.

I see now. Only the node have to be restarted to enable new name.
Thank you :)

I have the same situation, so the computer is turned off. Waiting for the next version. On versions 0.4.9 everything worked fine

I had a serious bug on Chromium… but I think its trlated to the non-installed Java 8 plugin.

On firefox it works really fine.

To make the new version works on linux, I needed to delete the /root/nem itens, except the wallet.

On the home/User: i did a ls -a to show the hidden itens and deleted the hidden nem folder.

After that the Nem client worked very well.

I did not found how to install the java 8 plugin at the chromium browser.

By the way it worked very well.

Good work Devs!!!

I have deleted my NEM folder in my computer.  Then I clicked on the NOM icon still on my desktop.  The client has downloaded and I am re syncing my blockchain.  The client info in the NCC says 0.4.9 and that is okay, right?

No. It should say 0.4.12 ;)

I must qualify. I am not sure about the webstart. Seems a bit weird to me.

Latest update: Webstart is fine and seems to be running all right. Version is 0.4.12.

The first time I deleted the whole NEM folder but clicked on the NOM icon on my desktop and ended up back on 0.4.9 and this time I deleted the whole NEM folder and the desktop icon and did the webstart and ended up on 0.4.12.  Thanks for the clarity. 

One more thing. The "settings" in GUI don't work properly. In Russian forum nobody could change the language. I tried some other languages - only English working. In other languages - something strange  :)

Yes, Pirate didn't work either but I am sure you guys know this already.

0.4.12 has a serious problem with NIS sinhronization. Actually it doesn't work. Sometimes after full reset with deleting nis folder it works a little, but soon fails in full. Last nem's folder without .wlt file is [url=http://content.wuala.com/contents/Xplusy/Soft/nem_0.4.12.rar/]here.

Yes, Pirate didn't work either but I am sure you guys know this already.

Yes, the language errors were caused by the bad file.

0.4.12 has a serious problem with NIS sinhronization. Actually it doesn't work. Sometimes after full reset with deleting nis folder it works a little, but soon fails in full. Last nem's folder without .wlt file is [url=http://content.wuala.com/contents/Xplusy/Soft/nem_0.4.12.rar/]here.

link is dead.

link is dead.

[url=http://ge.tt/2KhDes22/v/0?c]Another one.

Hey I tried again now, but it shows the same problem. My internet is running fine because websites, youtube, etc… are working fine. Why it would get stuck on Block No. 10081? Why not 10089, 10588, 11000? Why 10081? I have tried everything, can't find the problem. And also do you need me to make any changes in the Hindi.js file?

I've tried the new beta 0.4.12 (standalone version) today and it does seem to get stuck at block 10081 and 11521 for some time, but after about 5-10 minutes I got through and now have a fully-sync'ed wallet at block 12624.

I'm using clean Live CD session of Linux Mint 17 (v2) 32-bit MATE edition.
Standalone NEM client works fine there after installing Java 8 from here:
http://www.webupd8.org/2012/09/install-oracle-java-8-in-ubuntu-via-ppa.html

EDIT:
By the way, in the Nis terminal window I can see some red error messages of this kind:

Oct 28, 2014 12:52:04 PM org.nem.peer.services.NodeRefresher a
SEVERE: Fatal error encountered while communicating with <Node [rtstrx <TAZ4V7TSXZHKLTFED3NFNQ5EZWDSAQBZVURDZ2I3>] @ [IP redacted]>: java.util.concurrent.CompletionException: org.nem.core.connect.FatalPeerException: java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host

There are tens of them popping up time to time with different node identifiers,
followed by some green info messages.
Also I just got this one, which looks like an exception:

Oct 28, 2014 12:55:06 PM org.nem.core.async.NemAsyncTimerVisitor b
WARNING: Timer BROADCAST raised exception: org.nem.core.connect.InactivePeerException:
java.net.SocketTimeoutException
java.util.concurrent.CompletionException: org.nem.core.connect.InactivePeerException: java.net.SocketTimeoutException
  …
  <blah-blah-blah>
  …
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: org.nem.core.connect.InactivePeerException: java.net.SocketTimeoutException
at org.nem.core.connect.HttpMethodClient$a.failed(HttpMethodClient.java:199)
… 14 more
Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException
… 12 more