NEM Beta 0.4.12

NEM Beta 0.4.12

After some serious work from our dev team, Build 0.4.12-BETA is released.

This build contains a lot of bug fixes:

[li]Send transactions dialog:[/li]
      [li]A number of reported auto-formatting bugs have been fixed[/li]
      [li]A bug preventing transactions of certain values from being sent was fixed[/li]
      [li]There is a character limit on the message input box[/li]

[li]Fork mitigation / reliability:[/li]
        [li]There is code to automatically migrate all clients to the correct fork[/li]
        [li]A time sync bug that we believe was a contributing factor to the fork has been fixed[/li]
        [li]We have upgraded a library we're using that had a bug that caused some nodes to go down[/li]

[li]Auto-boot improvements:
          [li]Auto-boot should work out of box without requiring users to do anything. It should just work when someone logs into their wallet.[/li]

This resolves the following GitHub issues:

[li]#156: The time stamp of the transaction id too far in the past[/li]
            [li]#83 Error when sending amount x.000001[/li]
            [li]#139 Behaviour when trying to select the amount @ send NEM form[/li]
            [li]#159 Decimal Places[/li]
            [li]#158 Sending NEM has a problem[/li]
            [li]#153 more scrolling problems[/li]
            [li]#145 Send NEM form: auto space in textbox "amount"  enhancement[/li]
            [li]#143 Encrypting Message in Beta[/li]
            [li]#98 "NIS is synchronized!" when just started and is definitely not synchronized[/li]
            [li]#141 Wallet name creation on a New Beta wallet doesn't properly work.[/li]

NEM requires Java 8

DOWNLOAD ONE CLICK INSTALL: http://bob.nem.ninja/webstart

Alternatively, you could just shutdown and restart NEM monitor by double-clicking the NEM icon on the desktop.

P.S. In addition, auto-boot node has been enabled, verify real account data option has been added and auto-update option for NEM client has been enabled.

Enjoy.  :wink:

Damn… That's a hell of a release in what… 2 weeks? Devs must be working flat out… Fair play lads :slight_smile:

I just downloaded, what seems to be, the standalone 0.4.12 NEM version by changing the old link to 0.4.12.

http://bob.nem.ninja/nis-ncc-0.4.12.tgz

Is that the official NEM 0.4.12 standndalone?

[quote author=DontPanic_42 link=topic=2595.msg7802#msg7802 date=1414365886]
I just downloaded, what seems to be, the standalone 0.4.12 NEM version by changing the old link to 0.4.12.

http://bob.nem.ninja/nis-ncc-0.4.12.tgz

Is that the official NEM 0.4.12 standndalone?

Thats the one that I downloaded and its up and running.

Damn... That's a hell of a release in what.. 2 weeks? Devs must be working flat out.. Fair play lads :)

1 week ;).

Damn... That's a hell of a release in what.. 2 weeks? Devs must be working flat out.. Fair play lads :)

1 week ;).

wow ha.. but the webstart version is not updating? :/ restarted it numerous times and didnt update.. reinstalled it numerous times and hasnt changed.. havnt tried the stand alone..

The two files nis - NCC - 0.4.12. TGZ,
Nis - NCC - 0.4.9 TGZ, which some updates, could you tell me which one should use?

NCC - 0.4.12. TGZ is the latest stand alone.
The other files with lower version nr. are there for reference.

1 week ;).

wow ha.. but the webstart version is not updating? :/ restarted it numerous times and didnt update.. reinstalled it numerous times and hasnt changed.. havnt tried the stand alone..

Delete everything in the nem subdirectory except the wlt file and see what happens.

I ran the webstart once and found that it was working on the old version of the NIS. I wasn't sure if it was my "too many versions" problem. Did not do a check or trouble shoot but went straight to the standalone version. Steady as she goes. ;)

great job on the new release.  I am going to test today.

I have deleted my NEM folder in my computer.  Then I clicked on the NOM icon still on my desktop.  The client has downloaded and I am re syncing my blockchain.  The client info in the NCC says 0.4.9 and that is okay, right?

I have deleted my NEM folder in my computer.  Then I clicked on the NOM icon still on my desktop.  The client has downloaded and I am re syncing my blockchain.  The client info in the NCC says 0.4.9 and that is okay, right?

No. It should say 0.4.12 ;)

I must qualify. I am not sure about the webstart. Seems a bit weird to me.

Latest update: Webstart is fine and seems to be running all right. Version is 0.4.12.

Lightning fast development from the dev team. :smiley:

[li]Fork mitigation / reliability:[/li]
      [li]There is code to automatically migrate all clients to the correct fork[/li]
      [li]A time sync bug that we believe was a contributing factor to the fork has been fixed[/li]
      [li]We have upgraded a library we're using that had a bug that caused some nodes to go down[/li]

Enjoy.  :wink:

Really impressed with this…This is the most basic yet most important part. Recently there was a huge problem with Qora due to this I believe. Poloniex was on a different chain from the rest or something like this.
I guess this makes NEM really solid off the start.

Have left it on for hours and it's showing "NIS is synchronizing. At block 10081, est. less than 1 day behind." Stuck at block 10081. Is it still on a fork?
-I have the old wallet from 0.4.9.
-Also language settings are not working(Language not changing) and Hindi translation is missing from the webapp.

Have left it on for hours and it's showing "NIS is synchronizing. At block 10081, est. less than 1 day behind." Stuck at block 10081. Is it still on a fork?
-Also language settings are not working(Language not changing) and Hindi translation is missing from the webapp.

No, we are at 0.4.12. I think you are better off deleting everything in the NEM directory except the NEM wallet. Shutdown and exit the NEM first before you delete so that the entire process is killed.

No, we are at 0.4.12. I think you are better off deleting everything in the NEM directory except the NEM wallet. Shutdown and exit the NEM first before you delete so that the entire process is killed.

Yes did a clean install..deleted all the java cache. Deleted the nem folder. Uninstalled java 8. Reinstalled java 8. Restart pc. Created a new wallet. It is still stuck on "NIS is synchronizing. At block 10081, est. less than 1 day behind." Also I can't change the language.

The real address is generated:
NAUR4H-CZA453-PGY76A-IE23WS-4WXRQH-GJ7CBR-WFMC

Import the private key is addressing is changed,TAUR4H-CZA453-PGY76A-IE23WS-4WXRQH-GJ7AEU-QTZ6
Why is that?
Also could receive real NEM right?

To receive real NEM, you have to wait a few more weeks until everybody has registered their stakes or sent to patmaster on AE. So it might take a few more weeks to receive real NEM. Visit this https://forum.ournem.com/index.php?topic=2488.0. You might get more info.

The real address is generated:
NAUR4H-CZA453-PGY76A-IE23WS-4WXRQH-GJ7CBR-WFMC

Import the private key is addressing is changed,TAUR4H-CZA453-PGY76A-IE23WS-4WXRQH-GJ7AEU-QTZ6
Why is that?
Also could receive real NEM right?

The real address is for the main network after launch. The address that is generated via importing a private key is a test network address which is used in the beta version. Nothing to worry about.
You can't receive real NEM yet, it's still pre-launch action :)

Yes did a clean install..deleted all the java cache. Deleted the nem folder. Uninstalled java 8. Reinstalled java 8. Restart pc. Created a new wallet. It is still stuck on "NIS is synchronizing. At block 10081, est. less than 1 day behind." Also I can't change the language.

You don't need to uninstall java 8 and then reinstall, only the NEM software.
If your node is stuck at that block for an hour, plz don't delete the database as it contains valuable information for the devs. Just shutdown the NEM software, move the database file located in the folder nem/nis/data (name is nis4.h2.db) to another folder of your choice and then you can start the nem software again. Please upload the database file at some file hoster and pm me the link.

You don't need to uninstall java 8 and then reinstall, only the NEM software.
If your node is stuck at that block for an hour, plz don't delete the database as it contains valuable information for the devs. Just shutdown the NEM software, move the database file located in the folder nem/nis/data (name is nis4.h2.db) to another folder of your choice and then you can start the nem software again. Please upload the database file at some file hoster and pm me the link.

Well I tried twice before and it gave the same result. So I thought maybe re-installing Java 8 will solve it. I just restarted it now and it's still stuck at block 10081.
Now please check your pm. I have uploaded the file on datafilehost.com and sent you the link for nis4.h2.db.

@iaminitnow06: I installed you database and started the nem software. It synced within 1 minute, no problem.