NEM Beta 0.4.12

Visa + MasterCard togehter: 62 billion transactions per year = ~2000 transactions per second (there are much higher peaks)

It doesn't make any sense to aim at 400 transactinos per minute = 7 transactions per second for NEM. Even if these high amounts of transactions won't happen in near future, NEM should be ready for it.

Or do you wan't to recode the basics when you notice that people are actually really using NEM a lot?

I am sure Visa & Co don't use a normal PC for that :D

Well yes, thats true of course :D

I am just thinking there should be a theoretical solution for this problem. I wouldn't know how to answer if somebody new to NEM would ask me: And how will that work if NEM gets really useful for every day stuff?

Contrary to what it might look like, VISA has simpler task, as they are centralized. In most cases they DON'T have to deal with conflict resolution.

double spending is almost impossible (actually I'm wondering if anyone has tried that), and even if that'll happen,
they have (off-line) ways to prosecute potential attacker.

Contrary to what it might look like, VISA has simpler task, as they are centralized. In most cases they DON'T have to deal with conflict resolution.

double spending is almost impossible (actually I'm wondering if anyone has tried that), and even if that'll happen,

Yes, Im aware of that. But "the people" don't care WHY something is difficult. They will just say: Ok so you won't be able to do that much transactions?

pssst, nickel is there... https://github.com/NewEconomyMovement/nickel
Can't get it to work, booted node, did python nickel.py, nickel.py , python nickel.py info, nickel.py info. Nothing in command window

Is there an eta on the fixed beta?

Visa + MasterCard togehter: 62 billion transactions per year = ~2000 transactions per second (there are much higher peaks)
It doesn't make any sense to aim at 400 transactinos per minute = 7 transactions per second for NEM. Even if these high amounts of transactions won't happen in near future, NEM should be ready for it.
Or do you wan't to recode the basics when you notice that people are actually really using NEM a lot?

I am sure Visa & Co don't use a normal PC for that :D

Well yes, thats true of course :D
I am just thinking there should be a theoretical solution for this problem. I wouldn't know how to answer if somebody new to NEM would ask me: And how will that work if NEM gets really useful for every day stuff?

On Brazil, at least, if you use your visa card and the machine stucks and you pass again, for the same value and within until 15 seconds it dont let you double spend, looking as the first transaction has gone well, except for the paper registration.

On Brazil this is very normal as the 3G internet (used for that small visa and master machines) stucks every moment as the internet signal isn't constant here.
My brother told me this.

;)

pssst, nickel is there... https://github.com/NewEconomyMovement/nickel
Can't get it to work, booted node, did python nickel.py, nickel.py , python nickel.py info, nickel.py info. Nothing in command window

hmm, that's  strange, no error, but also no output?

Made a transaction on [color=rgb(37, 42, 52)][font=Roboto]Nov 01, 2014 14:10:54, now is 15:20 and this transaction is still pending in my client, but harvesting is still working and I harvest blocks after this transaction:[/font]
[color=rgb(37, 42, 52)][font=Roboto][/font]
[color=rgb(37, 42, 52)][font=Roboto]Nov 01, 2014 14:10:54TA2BGO-XBHFLR-K7ZFZ5-NDXAXM-UTZCXP-JLJLYN-3WCE[color=rgb(209, 209, 209)]No message[color=rgb(52, 152, 219)]View[color=rgb(37, 42, 52)][/font][center][color=rgb(37, 42, 52)][font=Roboto]Pending[/font][/center][color=rgb(37, 42, 52)][font=Roboto][/font][right][color=rgb(37, 42, 52)][font=Roboto]-1 000[color=rgb(209, 209, 209)].00[color=rgb(37, 42, 52)][/font][/right][color=rgb(37, 42, 52)][font=Roboto][/font][right][color=rgb(37, 42, 52)][font=Roboto]-500 000[color=rgb(209, 209, 209)].00[color=rgb(37, 42, 52)][/font][/right][color=rgb(37, 42, 52)][font=Roboto][/font]

Made a transaction on [color=rgb(37, 42, 52)][font=Roboto]Nov 01, 2014 14:10:54, now is 15:20 and this transaction is still pending in my client, but harvesting is still working and I harvest blocks after this transaction:[/font]
[color=rgb(37, 42, 52)][font=Roboto][/font]
[color=rgb(37, 42, 52)][font=Roboto]Nov 01, 2014 14:10:54TA2BGO-XBHFLR-K7ZFZ5-NDXAXM-UTZCXP-JLJLYN-3WCE[color=rgb(209, 209, 209)]No message[color=rgb(52, 152, 219)]View[color=rgb(37, 42, 52)][/font][center][color=rgb(37, 42, 52)][font=Roboto]Pending[/font][/center][color=rgb(37, 42, 52)][font=Roboto][/font][right][color=rgb(37, 42, 52)][font=Roboto]-1 000[color=rgb(209, 209, 209)].00[color=rgb(37, 42, 52)][/font][/right][color=rgb(37, 42, 52)][font=Roboto][/font][right][color=rgb(37, 42, 52)][font=Roboto]-500 000[color=rgb(209, 209, 209)].00[color=rgb(37, 42, 52)][/font][/right][color=rgb(37, 42, 52)][font=Roboto][/font]

So, need to restart NIS and NCC and after restarting everything seems OK, but, in any case weird thing was happened.

@martismartis: just as a side note: you cannot include your own transactions in the block you are harvesting.

@martismartis: just as a side note: you cannot include your own transactions in the block you are harvesting.

Yes I know. But this "pending" was like for one hour, while I was harvesting blocks normally and blocks were up to date. After restarting completely, "pending" became "sent" with few hundred confirmations.

Yes I know. But this "pending" was like for one hour, while I was harvesting blocks normally and blocks were up to date. After restarting completely, "pending" became "sent" with few hundred confirmations.

Could have just been a gui glitch..

why the ncc is not start :o

[img width=570 height=366]http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/80f4b534gw1elwrzf9kacj20fu0a6gox.jpg[/img]

I can run successfully alpha,why the beta failed,I just update java version to 1.8.0_25-b17,is it reason?

@NCC menu: What does "Refresh Info" mean/do?

UI sometimes has glitches, usually I check block explorer if my TX got included.

[img width=570 height=366]http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/80f4b534gw1elwrzf9kacj20fu0a6gox.jpg[/img]

I can run successfully alpha,why the beta failed,I just update java version to 1.8.0_25-b17,is it reason?

can you either upload the nis log on a file hoster or paste it into pastebin.com?
That would be very helpful. Nis not starting is something that can easily be solved.

Is 0.4.15 Beta out today? I can see it on Github :slight_smile:

I am pretty sure a new relase will be announced the moment it can be downloaded… :wink:

Is 0.4.15 Beta out today? I can see it on Github :)

Could be a release to fix all known bugs/bottlenecks.. Nem devs are nuts haha best in the business imo!

@Isaac: either there is a NIS instance already running or some other program uses the NEM database:

Caused by: org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: Database may be already in use: "Locked by another process". Possible solutions: close all other connection(s); use the server mode [90020-175]

Please check if any java process is running and shut it down. Then try again.