NEM Beta 0.4.28

UP and testing.

I sent you some coins.  Also, I could see your node on the network, so you set it up right.  :D

In 0.4.28 when I click "Start Harvesting" nothing happens, then when I click it again the button changes to "Stop Harvesting" but I get the error message "ERROR 306
An error occurred that the development team did not have foreseen. Apologies for this, maybe a retry might help. Otherwise, please open up an issue within the NEM NIS/NCC community."

In 0.4.28 when I click "Start Harvesting" nothing happens, then when I click it again the button changes to "Stop Harvesting" but I get the error message "ERROR 306
An error occurred that the development team did not have foreseen. Apologies for this, maybe a retry might help. Otherwise, please open up an issue within the NEM NIS/NCC community."

Lets say that its not so "instantaneous".

On my windows machine, I click and wait some seconds and the button changes the text. for stopping, its the same behavior.

Usually when I click "Start Harvesting" or "Stop Harvesting" they change as they should and it acts normal. But if I start clicking the button really fast, then I get the same experience as Amy.  Basically it freezes and then the Error 306 comes up.  But after I click out of the error, it is fine again.

As a side note, I am getting some awesome transaction fees on harvested blocks.

Usually when I click "Start Harvesting" or "Stop Harvesting" they change as they should and it acts normal. But if I start clicking the button really fast, then I get the same experience as Amy.  Basically it freezes and then the Error 306 comes up.  But after I click out of the error, it is fine again.

As a side note, I am getting some awesome transaction fees on harvested blocks.

Yes that is also because nodes have substantially reduced...;-)

Importance goes up a little and parana is still spamming I think.

On my windows machine, I click and wait some seconds and the button changes the text. for stopping, its the same behavior.

That's strange... before the latest beta it was near instantaneous and I never had this issue. Either way, even if it is not instantaneous the button should be disabled and change to "Starting Harvesting..." until it starts so that the user does not click more than once I think. :)

That's strange... before the latest beta it was near instantaneous and I never had this issue. Either way, even if it is not instantaneous the button should be disabled and change to "Starting Harvesting..." until it starts so that the user does not click more than once I think. :)

With a fresh NCC up it can go into harvest mode or out of harvest mode instantly.  But after a lot of clicking and leaving the NCC going for a while, there seems to be more delays.

There are 2 bots having fun on network [emoji13]

Android tapatalk =)

Did someone mention about heap/memory ... ?
in nis-0.log is "WARNING: Timer SYNC raised exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space"

There seems to be some problem with webstart version, as standalone seems to be working without any problems, we're trying to figure it out.

Did someone mention about heap/memory ... ?
in nis-0.log is "WARNING: Timer SYNC raised exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space"

There seems to be some problem with webstart version, as standalone seems to be working without any problems, we're trying to figure it out.

After restarting NEM Monitor, they (Monitor, NIS, NCC) have been running 19 hours and harvesting all that time without "strange errors".
And NCC is at the same block as BlockChainExplorer - sometimes even 1 block ahead :)

Now [u]in the nis-0.log [/u]has been [u]no strings like "heap", "memory"[/u].
Only some tens of
"SEVERE: INDIRECT fatal error encountered while communicating with" and few "DIRECT" ones.
And few
"Caused by: org.nem.core.connect.FatalPeerException: Peer returned 500 with error: <?    Internal Server Error  network has not been booted yet??? >"

Some hundreds of WARNINGs.  Likely they are related to communication with nodes.

[u]In ncc-0.log:[/u]
few "org.nem.core.connect.ErrorResponse <init>"
no warnings after the start has been done properly and NIS is running.

When looking the http://localhost:8989/ncc/web/sigma-graph/nemgraph.html
it looks that there is less nodes in the NEM network, maybe 30-40% less than 2 weeks ago.

Ofc the Crawler shows only the "neighbours" but that gives some impression/estimation :slight_smile:

In standalon version there is readme

For NIS we've also added initial and max memory that java process can get.You can modify this using the switches:
-Xms512M
-Xmx1G

Can somebody explain how to use this switches wit example and where to put them In NIS config.properties or in db.properties

These are parameters for starting NIS.

These are parameters for starting NIS.

So from chat #ournem in freenode IRC @BloodyRookie tell me
this key must be put into nix.runNis.sh or, if windows, in runNis.bat file.
like this
[code]
java -Xms512M -Xmx1G -cp ".;./*;../libs/*" org.nem.core.deploy.CommonStarter
[/code]
so you can put just one of them

Really?

I thought it will work like that (for linux in this example):
sh nix.runNis.sh -Xms512

But gimre said, it probably won't have a big effect anyway since java already gets a pretty big cache.
Increasing the db cache will have a bigger impact.

what the yellow nodes means?

NIS consumes some 1.184 GB according to process explorer.
Is this normal for this Beta or maybe some mem leak ?
Reducing CACHE_SIZE=128000 had no impact.

Looks I got the memory problem "fixed".
Found some useful settings in NIS bat file yesterday, tweaked them today and NIS mem use dropped by some 50%.
-Beta seems to be more responsive after this tweak, less error messages as reported by other users.
-hdd activity also seemed to have calmed down a bit.
Will do some more fine tuning and see what happens.

With current Beta's default setting NEM is not usable on my box.

WinXP sp3, AMD 64X2, 1GB

[img width=800 height=718]http://s1.postimg.org/yr3zkug0f/Parana_node.png[/img]

It means they don't have their port open and aren't actually supporting the network. They can harvest and send and receive but I think they aren't relaying information of others because the port 7890 is closed.

[...picture...]

How can I make alike picture relatively me (andme)?

@andme:
http://127.0.0.1:8989/ncc/web/sigma-graph/nemgraph.html
("127.0.0.1" could be something else for you, if you are running NCC not at localhost but on a different machine.)

jabo38s is right: Yellow means that the nodes are not accessible from outside. Mostlikely the reason is a closed port (can ususally be opened through the web interface of the router).

0.4.28 is running pretty well for me. No crashes since 12 hours.