NEM Beta 0.4.28

<br /><br />&nbsp; &nbsp; <b><b>Beta 0.4.28 is here!</b></b><br />&nbsp; &nbsp;  <br />&nbsp; &nbsp; This is a mandatory release. Nodes running 0.4.20 or less will end up on a fork.<br />&nbsp; &nbsp;  <br />&nbsp; &nbsp; [hr]<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; Changes :<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; <ol><br />&nbsp; &nbsp; [li]We further improved the performance of NIS. As a result we increased the number of transactions allowed per block to 120 from Block 36500 on. This will result in a fork, so be sure to upgrade![/li]<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; [li]The startup time of NIS was improved.[/li]<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; [li]NCC polls transaction faster.[/li]<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; [li]The booting procedure of the local node was improved to take just a few seconds.[/li]<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; [li]The balance is visible again.[/li]<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; [li]Confirmations in the transactions view are now calculated by the GUI and should auto-update when new blocks are arrive.[/li]<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; [li]For the standalone version a file called db.properties is available. It is located in the NIS folder. You can edit the &quot;jdbc.url&quot; line to increase the cache that the h2 db uses. Syntax is as follows:<br /><br />jdbc.url=jdbc:h2:${nem.folder}/nis/data/nis4;DB_CLOSE_DELAY=-1;CACHE_SIZE=262144<br /><br />This will increase the cache used by the db to 256MB.[/li]<br />&nbsp; &nbsp;  <br />&nbsp; &nbsp; </ul><br />&nbsp; &nbsp;  <br />&nbsp; &nbsp; **NEM requires Java 8**<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; You can start NCC and NIS with the following link:<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; http://bob.nem.ninja/webstart/nem-monitor.jnlp<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; Alternatively, you could just shutdown and restart NEM monitor by double-clicking the NEM icon on the desktop.<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; Standalone version: http://bob.nem.ninja/<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; [hr]<br />&nbsp; &nbsp;  <br />&nbsp; &nbsp; Usual Troubleshooting Guide:<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; <ol><br />&nbsp; &nbsp; [li]<b>Standalone</b> - shouldn&#039;t have issues with this release.[/li]<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; [li]<b>Webstart</b>, <ol><br />&nbsp; &nbsp; [li]kill any running jawa/jawaws processes[/li]<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; [li]Go to <b>java control panel</b>, and hit &quot;View...&quot; (can be run with javaws -viewer)<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; <ol><br />&nbsp; &nbsp; [li]from &quot;applications&quot; remove both NCC and NIS[/li]<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; [li]to be sure check resources and clean them all (this will cause redownload of everything, which might take a bit, but should help with most of the problems)[/li]<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; </ul><br />&nbsp; &nbsp; There is a detailed post on how to remove the NEM software prior to installing the new version in the ournem forum:<br />https://forum.ournem.com/index.php?topic=2635.msg8834#msg8834<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; [/li]<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; [li]If you end up on a fork, go to c:\users\<i>&lt;username&gt;</i>\nem\nis and delete data subdirectory[/li]<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; </ul>[/li]<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; </ul><br /><br />&nbsp; &nbsp; Enjoy the new version :) <br /><br />

can somebody send me some NEM ?..this new update is going fantastic so far… ;D ;D

TAKX3U-QW4PGR-H7DES5-WEYUJR-ZN4XIZ-CVOPUV-IPLK

address?

can somebody send me some NEM ?...this new update is going fantastic so far....... ;D ;D

yes, we know that ;)

can somebody send me some NEM ?...this new update is going fantastic so far....... ;D ;D

Account ID could help :)

Installed 0.4.28-BETA but the result is quite the same ( https://forum.ournem.com/index.php?topic=2635.msg9308#msg9308 )
The last transaction is "Nov 10, 2014 23:19:10",
NCC is "(at block 31601)", and it says that "NIS is synhronized",
though BlockChainExplorer's last block is 34517.

Client Info produces ERROR 500.

nis-0.log:
SEVERE: INDIRECT fatal error encountered while communicating with <Node [ParanaBot2 <TAP6WH4K4NOCY4AIO5FWJBFRXFTFBL5ZWCBJNNPV>] @ [191.177.202.223]>: java.util.concurrent.CompletionException: org.nem.peer.node.ImpersonatingPeerException: entity source cannot be verified

INFO: DIRECT warning (INACTIVE) encountered while communicating with <Node [alice2 <TALICEW2K5Q6O5MQ3UK4TEW4ND7QSA4PFIBEXDK4>] @ [alice2.nem.ninja]>: java.util.concurrent.CompletionException: org.nem.core.connect.InactivePeerException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further information

SEVERE: DIRECT fatal error encountered while communicating with <Node [nemtrader-jaded <TCVDPRIGELGQ7F7FLVXDL63PB7BCUEYSCZPNFDJ5>] @ [94.156.77.147]>: java.util.concurrent.CompletionException: org.nem.core.connect.FatalPeerException: Peer returned 500 with error: <?    Internal Server Error  network has not been booted yet? ? >

WARNING: Timer BROADCAST raised exception: org.nem.core.connect.FatalPeerException: Peer returned 500 with error: <?    Internal Server Error{  org.nem.core.serialization.SerializationException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: publicKey must be in compressed form? ? >

Caused by: org.nem.core.connect.FatalPeerException: Peer returned 500 with error: <?    Internal Server Error{  org.nem.core.serialization.SerializationException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: publicKey must be in compressed form? ? >

WARNING: Timer SYNC raised exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Edit:
shutdown and restarted NEM Mon…
It started synchronizing from that last block … seems to go better now …
…now in Nov 11, 2014 19:32:49 …
  and reached  (at block 34557) = BlockChainExplorer's last block.
Maybe everything is now well … x
                                                    \o

… Still in sync at block 34603 :slight_smile:

Installed 0.4.28-BETA but the result is quite the same ( https://forum.ournem.com/index.php?topic=2635.msg9308#msg9308 )
The last transaction is "Nov 10, 2014 23:19:10",
NCC is "(at block 31601)", and it says that "NIS is synhronized",
though BlockChainExplorer's last block is 34517.

Client Info produces ERROR 500.

Sounds strange, can you tell what http://localhost:7890/chain/last-block tells you?

oops sorry    TAKX3U-QW4PGR-H7DES5-WEYUJR-ZN4XIZ-CVOPUV-IPLK

on dashboard and transaction page…    the transaction was confirmed before 1 confirmation came through on sending and receiving…is this ok?

Did someone mention about heap/memory … ?
in nis-0.log is "WARNING: Timer SYNC raised exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space"

on dashboard and transaction page.......    the transaction was confirmed before 1 confirmation came through on sending and receiving......is this ok?

maybe you were lucky, normally it shows up as "queued".

on dashboard and transaction page.......    the transaction was confirmed before 1 confirmation came through on sending and receiving......is this ok?

maybe you were lucky, normally it shows up as "queued".

Im never usually lucky........but things seem to be ok...

@nxkoil: how much memory do you have for NIS/NCC?

Running on both Bots 0.4.28

I noticed Nis analyse very faster than previos versions the ancients blocks on DB ( my DB have 175 MB (

@nxkoil: how much memory do you have for NIS/NCC?

Total RAM is 8 GB... but is there some own settings for Java apps?
TaskManager: available physical memory 5.8 GB.
One jp2launcher is taking 0.36 GB.

Edit:
shutdown and restarted NEM Mon...
It started synchronizing from that last block ... seems to go better now ...
...now in Nov 11, 2014 19:32:49 ...
  and reached  (at block 34557) = BlockChainExplorer's last block.
Maybe everything is now well ... x
                                                    \o

... Still in sync at block 34603 :)

Somehow, I feel happier with this. Give me a feeling that it is a production version. Hope it is not a "placebo" with an improved UI. :slight_smile:

NIS consumes some 1.184 GB according to process explorer.
Is this normal for this Beta or maybe some mem leak ?
Reducing CACHE_SIZE=128000 had no impact.

I'm very excited about the great progress! Congratulations an big THANKS to devs!
I can hardly wait to try the new version.

I am testing and it looks good to me.  I like the cleaner transaction boxes. 

UP and testing.